PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Shipping

ranger240
09-23-2009, 02:20 PM
whats the best place to use when shipping bigger and heavy parts?

i need to ship a stock wheel and new tire from CT to NJ and want to keep the costs as low as possible.

*not sure if it goes here or in 'chat' but figure here bc its about shipping 240 parts* mods please move if im wrong thanks

CrimsonRockett
09-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I've shipped several sets of wheels with tires across the states for fairly cheap with Fed Ex.

Cover the wheel faces with cardboard, tape it up, and ship it out.

mehsilvia
09-23-2009, 02:27 PM
I've shipped several sets of wheels with tires across the states for fairly cheap with Fed Ex.

Cover the wheel faces with cardboard, tape it up, and ship it out.

Yup, same here.

And I even went as far as to open a FedEx account online. Im pretty sure you get better rates by using their online system, and then just dropping the packages off at the counter (already labeled) and then billed later on my C.C.

Also, FedEx Home Delivery (ground service) is the cheapest ive found around.

enkei2k
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
NJ to CT? why not just meet up halfway?

UNISA JECS
09-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Fedex for big or heavy shipments.

USPS for anything that fit flat rate.

FUCK UPS!

ranger240
09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
wow yet again zilvia rocks.. thanks for the good info guys.. keep it coming

what about other experiences?? engines, entire cars, whatever will make this thread more useful to members in the future

NJ to CT? why not just meet up halfway?

i might do that.. but three hours round trip + gas isnt worth it if i can get this done for like under 50 bucks

sleep
09-23-2009, 02:52 PM
wow yet again zilvia rocks.. thanks for the good info guys.. keep it coming

what about other experiences?? engines, entire cars, whatever will make this thread more useful to members in the future

i might do that.. but three hours round trip + gas isnt worth it if i can get this done for like under 50 bucks

wow.........i forgot how spoiled i was when i lived in Philadelphia. I drive 4 hours round trip every day for work now. Back there i used ta bitch about a half hour ride to work.

HyperTek
09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
greyhound
Greyhound PackageXpress (http://www.shipgreyhound.com/)

Ive had someone ship a benz gas tank to me, just had to pick it up from the station.

UNISA JECS
09-23-2009, 04:19 PM
greyhound
Greyhound PackageXpress (http://www.shipgreyhound.com/)

Ive had someone ship a benz gas tank to me, just had to pick it up from the station.

I heard of the greyhound thing before maybe one day i'll try it if I ship a tranny or diff in the future since I usually go Fedex for that.

boosted475
09-23-2009, 04:54 PM
whats the best place to use when shipping bigger and heavy parts?

I've always had the best deals from FedEx. And I don't mean shipping fedex from one of those shipping/mailbox stores. Actually go to a FedEx location to avoid the surcharge.

I shipped a cat back exhaust cross-country for $25 while back

Matej
09-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Shipped a bumper through Greyhound once. While the shipping was cheap, it was a pretty wild experience. Not sure how it is where you live, but over here the Greyhound station is not in the best part of town. While I was waiting for the shipping department to open, there were two fights, one of them a fat girl fight, saw a couple of crackheads in the back, someone shot a gun, and the police was called once, haha.

Also, for those of you who like to argue whether FedEx is better than UPS, or vice versa, it mainly depends on your local FedEx/UPS branch, and the drivers.

Personally, I ship smaller packages through UPS because their location is the closest to my house, plus I just like the 'atmosphere' of UPS a little more, and things such as wheels through FedEx, because larger packages seem to cost a little less through them.
I have shipped two sets of wheels with tires on them through FedEx (each wheel shipped individually), and it cost about 130-150$ for the full set.

jspaeth
09-23-2009, 05:58 PM
Greyhound FTW.