PDA

View Full Version : Aion

kandyflip445
09-22-2009, 02:15 PM
New MMORPG is out. Anyone else playing?

My toons name is Kariyajin on the Marchutan server.

BTW, please refrain from saying how people who play these don't have a life, or how you don't get the games, or how one game is better than another. This isn't that thread.

Just wondering who else is playing on here, if anyone. Since it's so new I don't expect to see that many. lol But if there are, feel free to IGM me!

theronin
09-22-2009, 02:24 PM
its a huge grind fest. have fun.

nothix
09-22-2009, 02:37 PM
So far I'm really having fun with this game.
The quests are kind of interesting and the campaign is cool.
Leveling seems pretty quick too.
I'm up to 14 on my chanter and really like the class

on siel, nothix

chibo
09-22-2009, 02:58 PM
I was going to play until I realized it won't be around or have the player base like WoW does, I'm holding out for the next game that does.

koukikat180sx
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
some of my wow guildies started playing. they said graphics are cool, but ultimately ended up sticking to wow... so probably not.

kandyflip445
09-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I was going to play until I realized it won't be around or have the player base like WoW does, I'm holding out for the next game that does.

From what I've seen it's overpopulated right now on the server I'm on. But it's just like when they made DK's in WoW, you have EVERYONE lvling around you at the same time. lol

WagDatto
09-22-2009, 04:19 PM
Playing with KA-Kait and some old WoW buddies on the Kaiseth (SP?) server... only West server starting with a K.

We gave up WoW ages ago. Became way too carebear, and all the newbies started to prosper. I got tired of leading guilds and raids that were overall too easy and basically gave out gear. It's fun when there's a challenge!

So far I like Aion a lot. Up to 16 on my templar. Quests are way more fun than WoW, graphics are way better than WoW, I've been waiting for this to come out for a while.

Korrupd (me)
Proserpin (KA-Kait)

Hit us up!

chibo
09-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Ok, ok, I caved and I'm downloading the client now.

SochBAT
09-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Maybe I'll cave...

I rape with my DK (surprise?) on Alliance (SHITTY).

Sochbat on Nazgrel

kandyflip445
09-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Maybe I'll cave...

I rape with my DK (surprise?) on Alliance (SHITTY).

Sochbat on Nazgrel

Cave!!! hahaha

325irollin
09-22-2009, 10:29 PM
I was always more of a Guild Wars lover rather than a WOW lover so I couldn't wait for this game. I bought it today so I'll have to install it ASAP. I played the beta which was fun. I like it so far

SochBAT
09-23-2009, 12:27 AM
I tried other MMOs, requiem Bloodymare.

All you see is shit exploding. Like Fallout3, but melee.

--------

No money to cave. Waiting for the piracy to kick in.

and by piracy, i mean 'try it first, then buy it!'

drftx
09-23-2009, 12:35 AM
my friends actually wanted me 2 start playing this tell me how it is i might cave but now

wow > all mmos hah

(sauske) - Horde/sargeras

kandyflip445
09-23-2009, 06:10 AM
Um, controls are kinda like WoW. It looks better than WoW. Only real downside to the launch is that there are some queues to log on to servers during high traffic times right now.

I guess just check out some videos. It's pretty fun. I like the fact that in combat you have cause>effect kinda things, like if my toon blocks I can use a shield bash and stuff like that. Or if I use a certain attack there is a follow up attack I can use and make a combo. There isn't like a SET rotation like there was in WoW but there is kinda one to start a fight if that makes sense. lol

chibo
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Um, controls are kinda like WoW. It looks better than WoW. Only real downside to the launch is that there are some queues to log on to servers during high traffic times right now.

I guess just check out some videos. It's pretty fun. I like the fact that in combat you have cause>effect kinda things, like if my toon blocks I can use a shield bash and stuff like that. Or if I use a certain attack there is a follow up attack I can use and make a combo. There isn't like a SET rotation like there was in WoW but there is kinda one to start a fight if that makes sense. lol

WoW had that too (riposte, etc)

SochBAT
09-23-2009, 05:22 PM
Counter attacks, attacks that become active after a dodge/crit/miss.

All MMOs = Graphical D&D

kandyflip445
09-23-2009, 06:49 PM
WoW had that too (riposte, etc)

Not with my druid. lol

chibo
09-24-2009, 12:29 AM
I just hit 10 and moved to Ranger. I am pretty disappointed with the game :/
Redreplicant on Azphel

WagDatto
09-24-2009, 08:00 AM
You know... I've played my fair share of MMO's and other video games online, as well. I've never had as much fun in a guild/legion as I'm having in Aion. I happened into some random legion when I was like level 6, just to see what it was like. Apparently, you start as a "Level 1" guild, and have to pay a certain amount to get it upgraded to Level 2, which gives you more member slots, more bank space, etc. Currently, we're working toward getting a server 2nd Level 3 legion. I love the way it's set up.

Also, having a legion (especially at this time during the game) is nice when you're trying to do some of the quests between level 16-20, since many of them are group quests. I was kind of burning out until I got the group quests to do. They were a lot more fun.

From what people are saying, Rangers become a lot more fun and do a lot more damage starting around level 16, and absolutely own face in their 20's.

Just hit 20 on the Templar... moved out of Altgard and into Morheim! I'm such a nerd...

SochBAT
09-24-2009, 12:55 PM
I would totally play but my comp is dated and doesn't meet minimum specs.

Funny cuz my old comp ran WoW seamlessly.

1.6ghz Celeron Processor, 512mb SDRAM, GeForce 4MX

FAIL.

chibo
09-24-2009, 01:19 PM
I would totally play but my comp is dated and doesn't meet minimum specs.

Funny cuz my old comp ran WoW seamlessly.

1.6ghz Celeron Processor, 512mb SDRAM, GeForce 4MX

FAIL.

Yeah, I am running an AMD FX2 4600+, 4gb ram, GeForce 7800GTX and I am getting pretty shitty framerates.
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/Aion0002.jpg

TravisSW
09-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Is PVP decent?

If shitty pvp, then screw the game lol.

kandyflip445
09-24-2009, 10:58 PM
The endgame is supposed to be centered around pvp. lol

chibo
09-24-2009, 11:02 PM
Eh, fuck it. This is a goddamn KMMO, I just sold my account for $30. I am so pissed with recent (read: last 5 years) gaming.

Fries
09-25-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm enjoying it so far. Just hit 8 with my scout, the added abilities definitely make the game more fun!

Might stick with this one for a while.

Lathian on the server that starts with a Y.