PDA

View Full Version : rear alignment

KoukiMonsta
09-21-2009, 02:01 PM
oky so i have a s14 w/ coils and adjustable camber arms. Im trying to get better fitment but i have run into an issue. i have origin 50mm overs too. when I eyeball the camber to the same "specs" judged by threads, i get much more wheel gap on one side(gap between fender and tire as far as width not hight) my coils have been done the same way also. Could something be bent? anything i should loook for? thanks

HYPNOTIK
09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
You can't just count threads, it's not perfect.

KoukiMonsta
09-22-2009, 01:39 PM
im not going for perfection even, just a general then alignment. but this shits way off, by like 1/2 inch. one side i rub and the other has a finger gap?

jspeedm
09-22-2009, 03:43 PM
since you obviously dont care about handling or treadwear, just adjust them til you like the way it looks and be done with it.

palmdale_mob
09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
When you tightened up your rucas did you make sure the alignment bolt, idk what to call it, was in the same position on both sides?

Bigsyke
09-22-2009, 06:19 PM
Eccentric bolt, better yet use fenderwashers.

projectRDM
09-22-2009, 10:13 PM
True, plus without adjusting the toe also you're never going to get it exact per side. Everything needs to be adjusted, not just the camber and ride height.

GSXRJJordan
09-22-2009, 10:24 PM
im not going for perfection even, just a general then alignment. but this shits way off, by like 1/2 inch. one side i rub and the other has a finger gap?

I've noticed this on lots of S-chassis, even super clean ones that have never been in accidents - the passenger side has less wheel gap than the driver's side! At least that's what I remember on the last few that I've seen... point is, I don't think both sides have exactly the same clearance from the hub to the quarterpanel.

It could definitely be from installing the overs (a little pinch or pull makes a HUGE difference, this is why you're supposed to get your wheel fitment and alignment done first, then install the overs), but is also very likely to be from an imperfect eyeball alignment. Get it aligned, shave the lip of the overs if it's really close on one side, and enjoy.

KoukiMonsta
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM
I've noticed this on lots of S-chassis, even super clean ones that have never been in accidents - the passenger side has less wheel gap than the driver's side! At least that's what I remember on the last few that I've seen... point is, I don't think both sides have exactly the same clearance from the hub to the quarterpanel.

It could definitely be from installing the overs (a little pinch or pull makes a HUGE difference, this is why you're supposed to get your wheel fitment and alignment done first, then install the overs), but is also very likely to be from an imperfect eyeball alignment. Get it aligned, shave the lip of the overs if it's really close on one side, and enjoy.

thanks for that info, interesting. yes i am going to have it aligned but there is DEFANITLY a difference in the gaps.

KoukiMonsta
09-23-2009, 02:11 PM
Eccentric bolt, better yet use fenderwashers.

fender washers? care to ellaborate, used as a spacer?