PDA

View Full Version : Car guys in Okinawa

tomigusukumike
09-19-2009, 09:08 PM
The Inner Sanctum • Index page (http://blacklinux.no-ip.org/innersanctum/)

Just wondering if there is anyone from Okinawa on here.

My name is Mike and I've got an 89 GT-R.

http://blacklinux.no-ip.org/pages/public/cars/skyline/2009/Aug/carshow/IMG_0137x.JPG

udon!
09-19-2009, 09:21 PM
there is a REGIONAL SECTION for people who live in nihon, you will have better luck there.

HYPNOTIK
09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Fuck you Mike, lol.

boosted98gst
09-20-2009, 12:18 AM
typical Y plate lol

sxe
09-20-2009, 11:23 PM
check out all those gauges ! ! !

s13 @ fullboost
09-21-2009, 04:43 PM
I <3 your ride

zaquanh
09-21-2009, 08:49 PM
im from okinawa

zippakilla
09-22-2009, 10:25 AM
I have a question for all the guys who live in japan. In america everyone is JDM and I heard japan was the total opposite wanting everything on their car to be USDM? confirm or deny? Also im extremely jealous, I plan on going over next year but we will see.

zaquanh
09-22-2009, 05:36 PM
I have a question for all the guys who live in japan. In america everyone is JDM and I heard japan was the total opposite wanting everything on their car to be USDM? confirm or deny? Also im extremely jealous, I plan on going over next year but we will see.
lmfao fuck no , why would they want that , lol world fail lol

on the real american muscle is a big hit there , and clothing and music blah blah but not the cars trying to be usdm , it will never happen

A31CEFIRO
09-22-2009, 08:35 PM

Actually I've seen a couple silvias here with 240 badges on them. I wouldnt say its real popular but there are a couple around.

MADE
09-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Depends on the community my friend imports USDM stuff from the US all the time for his VIP and Honda customers. Badges grills light etc.

duece95duece
09-24-2009, 12:54 PM
all those gauges, you sir are over compensating for something....

yokotas13
09-24-2009, 02:29 PM
lmfao fuck no , why would they want that , lol world fail lol

on the real american muscle is a big hit there , and clothing and music blah blah but not the cars trying to be usdm , it will never happen
haha you are so fuckign wrong

jzepol1985
09-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Its all about the Low riders in Okinawa!!!!!

Those of you who have been to Okinawa know what I am talking about..

Is that camaro still at typhon motors at foster? Random question

zaquanh
09-24-2009, 03:24 PM
haha you are so fuckign wrong
aside from american muscle like mustangs and gtos and such and cars like that , and some euro cars , and crazy conversion ie benz 180sx and others

show me cars that are style to look like the american drift cars that are here ,

spooled240
09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
i wanna go back to okinawa..i love it there

Jtuned_andy
09-24-2009, 03:30 PM
who says they look like american drift cars?....

I've seen the USDM jams over there, the honda crowd in Japan is big into converting their cars into US market ie shaving markers, adding badges, acura stuff etc..

YouTube - "USDM jam ver.5" jdm usdm meet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKC6nZYskQ)

zippakilla
09-25-2009, 08:16 AM
Wow seems like its not a distinct yes or no.

zaquanh
09-25-2009, 09:35 PM
ugh lol lol

TOMKAIRA93
09-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Okinawans love the american stuff...lived there for 5 years and hope to be back over there in 6 months...yeah!!!

Bigalow311
09-27-2009, 04:15 PM

They only want our car accessories (i.e. Fairylady Z with 370z emblem). They don't want our aftermarket parts except for a few of the better companies.

If you go 'next year' then check out any SuperAutoBacs. You'll see what I mean.

Bigalow311
09-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Okinawans love the american stuff...lived there for 5 years and hope to be back over there in 6 months...yeah!!!

But hate Americans, lol. I lived near Hiroshima for 3.5 years and I liked Oki but loved mainland.

Japanese are definitely into American cars and they do, in fact, buy the better quality american cars. I recently went on a visit and was amazed at the amount of Fords: 08-09 Mustangs (mainly), explorers, Saturns (saw 1 is Fukuoka), Cadillacs, etc

Here are some pix I took of the Nissan Global HQ Gallery (http://www.my350z.com/forum/photography/457639-visit-to-the-nissan-global-headquarters-gallery.html)

MADE
09-27-2009, 04:35 PM
They only want our car accessories (i.e. Fairylady Z with 370z emblem). They don't want our aftermarket parts except for a few of the better companies.

If you go 'next year' then check out any SuperAutoBacs. You'll see what I mean.

I just sent some Hasport and Vibrant products to my friend in Japan. It depends on what is wanted. Believe it or not some JDM parts are cheaper sourced from the U.S.A than from Japan. Ever brought brake pads in Japan, it's not like going to Autozone,Kragen.

Bigalow311
09-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I just sent some Hasport and Vibrant products to my friend in Japan. It depends on what is wanted. Believe it or not some JDM parts are cheaper sourced from the U.S.A than from Japan. Ever brought brake pads in Japan, it's not like going to Autozone,Kragen.

Yeah, when I was at regular Autobacs recently I was like - Uhh I can buy this cheaper online. I'll probably do that when I go back.

I did buy a lot of Carmate stuff though. I love their accessories.

initial D
10-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Those of you that lived over there, why'd you leave? were you in the army or something?

I hope to be able to visit or live there someday

A31CEFIRO
10-04-2009, 05:42 AM
I love it here. Just got back from Nikko Circuit a couple minutes ago.

fliprayzin240sx
10-11-2009, 09:13 AM
all those gauges, you sir are over compensating for something....

Hating much?!?! Actually he needs it considering how he drives the damn thing. Then again, think he just shut the engine. Goodbye HKS 2.8 liter stroked RB26...:down:

ichihachizero
11-03-2009, 12:30 PM
i thought the camero was at the auto hobby shop on kadena
??

c72c
11-04-2009, 07:27 PM
someone say okinawa..:coold:
i thought the camero was at the auto hobby shop on kadena
??
nope, it's at typhoon motors on Foster.

Slidin' Sam
11-18-2009, 03:07 AM
i'm headed down to okinawa in a week and a half with some other people from tokyo. we will be there for a week and would like to check out the scene down there...so if you wanna meet some new people and maybe show us around, let me know. thanks!

c72c
11-21-2009, 03:04 AM
i'm headed down to okinawa in a week and a half with some other people from tokyo. we will be there for a week and would like to check out the scene down there...so if you wanna meet some new people and maybe show us around, let me know. thanks!
where you headed? not that the island's big enough for it to matter...

boosted98gst
11-21-2009, 05:20 AM
Those of you that lived over there, why'd you leave? were you in the army or something?

I hope to be able to visit or live there someday

I am okinawan but live in the US. Honda pays for me to work at the plant in ohio, They paid for my house and my cars and for my family to be here also. Hopfully some day I will move back I own 2 homes in oki that my family are taking care of.

Slidin' Sam
11-21-2009, 11:12 PM
We are headed to Kadena.

c72c
11-21-2009, 11:35 PM
(slidin_sam) i'm headed down to okinawa in a week and a half with some other people from tokyo. we will be there for a week and would like to check out the scene down there...so if you wanna meet some new people and maybe show us around, let me know. thanks! well saturday is customs night at jusco (if it doesn't get rained out again), and there's a gymkhana event on the 5th if you'll still be here.

Slidin' Sam
11-22-2009, 02:09 AM
Where is the gymkhana at? I am pretty sure we will be leaving on Sat.

driftredmption
12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
soorry to come so late into this..but it sounds like honda people are stupid no matter where you go lol :l101:
who says they look like american drift cars?....

I've seen the USDM jams over there, the honda crowd in Japan is big into converting their cars into US market ie shaving markers, adding badges, acura stuff etc..

YouTube - "USDM jam ver.5" jdm usdm meet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtKC6nZYskQ)

LoneStarSilvia
01-01-2010, 03:31 AM
What do you guys do in terms of the JCI inspections with your modified cars?

I'll be there in 2011, and it seems likes the rules for modified cars are alot different. Heard the car has to be near stock for the inspection?

jzepol1985
01-01-2010, 02:12 PM
^^^^
Since you are going to Oki I would sign up for this forum
Okinawa Japan Forum (http://www.japanupdate.com/forum/)

Plenty of info on anything to do with military life and oki

fliprayzin240sx
01-02-2010, 06:55 PM
^^^^

HAHAHAHA...thats the perfect forum if you like basket weaving...

www.zeroyon.com - Drag Racing, Drifting, Videos, Forum - Piston & Rotary Turbo (http://www.zeroyon.com)

and The Inner Sanctum &bull; Index page (http://blacklinux.com/innersanctum)

LoneStarSilvia
01-03-2010, 12:22 AM
Lol, basket weaving is for the hardcore only.

I'm on ZY as of a few days ago, trying to get my posts up so I view the rest of the board.

zaquanh
01-04-2010, 01:38 AM
What do you guys do in terms of the JCI inspections with your modified cars?

I'll be there in 2011, and it seems likes the rules for modified cars are alot different. Heard the car has to be near stock for the inspection?
\\petty much you try and by a car with new jci or jci that doesnt expire for a while

if u have to do jci u need to take this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/2756706000_e6e17498b2_b.jpg

and turn it in to this
http://www.thesilvia.com/images/s14/stock_s1_s14silvia.jpg

then after jci you turn it back into this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3112/2756706000_e6e17498b2_b.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
01-04-2010, 03:50 AM
Oki's not too bad, JCI is kinda like smog out here. Can be done under the table if you know the right folks but it cost 2x what a regular JCI run. If you run it thru the inspection place on base, everything is good and they didnt ding you for anything...you're looking at $350 roughly.

Anyways, I heard Yokota is sucking now. Plus only place to get your JCI is on base...cant get your Y-plate car JCI'd offbase.

LoneStarSilvia
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
So what you're saying basically is keep all the stock parts after upgrades. Oh goody lol

fliprayzin240sx
01-05-2010, 05:47 AM
So what you're saying basically is keep all the stock parts after upgrades. Oh goody lol

Shit, I got none...and my JCI is going to be due this coming June. Oh the joys of spending atleast $700 to be able to drive my car for another 8 months after that. If I go back stateside, chassis' going to the junkyard. TMO'ing everything I got.

c72c
01-20-2010, 10:49 AM
^^^^

:wtf:hahahaha i'd go further but ray took care of it. and no, your car doesn't have to be too close to stock for jci unless you go crazy with it and are barely legal (if at all) on a daily basis.
lonestar- you'll find just about everything you need on ZY or IS when you get the posts.

iSLYD
02-06-2010, 06:55 AM
omfg i am sooo glad i found this forum, i been in GA for like 4 yrs and me and the wife are pcsing to oki in like 3 weeks, im planning on pickin up somethin, (dreams of sil-eighty) but yea i dont know anyone and dont know where anything is at, but am deeef looking for some one to get in touch wit other than some military stiffs...meant in the best way possible

iSLYD
02-06-2010, 06:57 AM
oh and another thing, like ive looked all over tube of U and the only footage i get is of like this parkin lot same one, all the time, is that the ONYL place to get some fun in?

rweezly_s13
02-18-2010, 12:08 AM
oki all day!!!

for those moving to oki, you'll find the car scene very alive
here...jus don't b a dumbass when it comes to driving b/c it affects
us all, ESPECIALLY air force personnel...and i wouldn't knock honda drivers!!!
there are some pretty fast honda's driving around oki!!!

Rudel
02-18-2010, 08:51 AM
Was it you that crashed that S15, 180 perhaps?

rweezly_s13
02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
nooo...i didn't crasha 15 or a 180...i crashed my jzx90 bout a year ago..that was my last crash, my friend crashed his 14 a week ago...i'm looking for a 180 now

iSLYD
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
nooo...i didn't crasha 15 or a 180...i crashed my jzx90 bout a year ago..that was my last crash, my friend crashed his 14 a week ago...i'm looking for a 180 now

hey im lookin for the same thing but i have been trying to decide whether to get a r33 when i arrive and take the motor for an s13 swap or just try to find a running sr, well either way i am lookin for one for when i get there on the 24th of march, if you find any info on some good deals could you let me no anything, or even where to go to find one in good shape, ive checked some sites from over here in the states and gotten pretty aggravated, also okinawayardsales.com seems pretty nice but any other avenues?

rweezly_s13
02-24-2010, 12:31 AM
hey im lookin for the same thing but i have been trying to decide whether to get a r33 when i arrive and take the motor for an s13 swap or just try to find a running sr, well either way i am lookin for one for when i get there on the 24th of march, if you find any info on some good deals could you let me no anything, or even where to go to find one in good shape, ive checked some sites from over here in the states and gotten pretty aggravated, also okinawayardsales.com seems pretty nice but any other avenues?

if you haven't looked at oki's car forum zeroyon, your not gonna find the
goodies, it has alot of what your looking, s13 coupes are rare tho, there's two 33's for sale on there and for a rather cheap price, 180's are abundant...either way if you do the swap, you'll have to have one car as your main car, and the other as a parts car...good luck when you get here...i suggest you join zeroyon asap!! learn alot about the car scene here

Options13
02-25-2010, 02:31 AM
damn i miss okinawa !

240XTC
02-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Its been exactly 10 years.... I miss you Oki....:wtc:

Bigalow311
03-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Its been exactly 10 years.... I miss you Oki....:wtc:

I know the feeling. It's been two years since I was in Iwakuni.

Anyways, next time I want to bring back an RB with me. Does anyone know the policies (USN/USMC) for bringing back engines via household goods? Is it possible?

jspec240
03-03-2010, 01:05 AM
what car is mike craig driving now... When I was at Yokota with him he had that blue silvia K's riThat he slammed into a guard rail when he was filimg with the grip video guys...and right before I left is when he got his White s14...

yokotas13
03-04-2010, 06:00 AM
like a fucking SM-X or something. i think he sold it and bought something else though

c72c
03-11-2010, 09:36 AM
OYS is one way to go, get on zeroyon and innersanctum and you'll find more stuff, better stuff, and worth the price. finding a running sr won't be a problem since they come stock and they're all over the place, same with an r33. but yea, join those forums, ask questions, don't drive like an idiot when you get here, and we'll see you around.

Was it you that crashed that S15, 180 perhaps?
:rofl:

240Z28
03-12-2010, 10:05 AM
great info.. if i ever make it to japan i know where to look!!!

fliprayzin240sx
03-14-2010, 09:17 AM
like a fucking SM-X or something. i think he sold it and bought something else though

He sold that before he went to Korea...he should be back in Yokota at this point so no clue what he's driving now.

iSLYD
03-23-2010, 05:27 PM
man i been gone form here for a lil while but me and the wife are flying in tomorrow and we dont even know where we are gonna be staying at until they "issue" us a home but def appreciate the info and i def wont be doing any stupid driving when i get there i had some trouble on the zero forums.. hard to navi i think but ill try again, and ok i figured what i wanna build up now an s13 hatch with an rb20det swap, ill continue my search but id appreciate any help other than what has already been provided

fliprayzin240sx
03-27-2010, 10:34 AM
So you on island yet? Jump into Zeroyon.com or The Inner Sanctum &bull; Index page (http://blacklinux.com/innersanctum/index.php)

kuramaya
03-27-2010, 10:39 AM
^^^^ WTF??? SEE MY SIGNATURE...

To the OP of this thread...fuck you!

fliprayzin240sx
03-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Haha, im guessing youre sucking on some Asahi Super Dry already. Weird night eh?

kuramaya
03-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Haha, im guessing youre sucking on some Asahi Super Dry already. Weird night eh?

yeah weird night.. too much Hard Park HOMO out there for me...guys you never see on the streets or the track, poppin their hoods before they even get out of the car and talk to people...

But it was good to see some people I have not seen in a Grip, like U... Can u believe the size of the Turbo on Doc's EVO? It's from an 18 Wheeler u know that right? DAMN!!!

yeah we went and checked out the southern drift spot and it was quiet...I beat the piss out of a white B4...fucker was tailgating us all along Kinser and shit...

fliprayzin240sx
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
You hooked up with OSW? I went with him last week and we were out around Senega, by the airport. If you're off monday, Bokujyo with a couple of folks.

kuramaya
03-27-2010, 07:10 PM
Never saw OSW...

Did mike ever show up?

fliprayzin240sx
03-27-2010, 08:00 PM
GTR Mike? Thought he's TDY stateside?

iSLYD
03-27-2010, 08:19 PM
Hey guys I'm finally here I'm stayin in the tlf dorms on Kadena and met a Ryan wit an s13coupe black wit no rear bumper and a straight pipe but today I think I'm to hungover and pissed I lost my iPhone our first night here

iSLYD
03-27-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh and flip I'm off Monday u wanna show me around that would be cool

kuramaya
03-28-2010, 06:04 AM
we will probably be locked the fuck down again by C.O.B. Monday Yo!

superbike81
03-28-2010, 06:04 AM
Yeah, I'm here.

Hopefully not another lockdown, I got lucky and was leave in the US for the entire lockdown last time.

iSLYD
03-28-2010, 09:37 AM
So wait those lockdown actions stop us from leavin base or something cuz hooper not o just for here

fliprayzin240sx
03-28-2010, 03:14 PM
So wait those lockdown actions stop us from leavin base or something cuz hooper not o just for here

Yuppers...you will only be allowed to go base to base, to your off base house, church, hospital and airport. Everything else is a no go. So no eating off base, no clubbing, no bar hopping, chilling at your gfs house, no red light district...you get the point...You will get to know/love/hate AAFES and all the shit that base services gets to offer you.

iSLYD
03-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Wow that really sucks smh well what about jobs what if u work off base

yokotas13
03-30-2010, 07:04 AM
He sold that before he went to Korea...he should be back in Yokota at this point so no clue what he's driving now.
orly, haevnt even heard his name mentioned around base at all

fliprayzin240sx
03-31-2010, 02:39 AM
orly, haevnt even heard his name mentioned around base at all

He should be back up there already, from what i gathered, he got an early furlough from Korea after his kids were born. His kids were born in Dec iirc, dont think he went back to Korea.

iSLYD
04-01-2010, 05:47 AM
hey ray, i been trying to post on IS but it wont let me for some reason could you post this for me lol

hey guys new to the IS i have an RB20DE that im tryna turbo and hopefully get to meet some of you awesome people while im here at okinawa.
heres my ride
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/whiter32.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/RB20de.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/interior.jpgok guys i got an RB20DE and im in need of going turbo, sooooo :3gears: i need turbo, mani, headers, FMIC and piping, and an ecu to remap for the turbo, mabey just a stock one from a DET... wow when i look back at how much i actually need, it looks like this turbo wont be comming for a while, well anyone with these parts or some other r32 goodies for my 4 door would be appreciated :u:

Silverstone
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Just checking in

rweezly_s13
04-01-2010, 01:54 PM
hey guys new to the IS i have an RB20DE that im tryna turbo and hopefully get to meet some of you awesome people while im here at okinawa.
heres my ride
http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/whiter32.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/RB20de.jpg

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad263/iSLYD/interior.jpgok
i knew the last two owners of this car, did you buy it from a white teenager?
if you want parts, it's best you just hit up a junkyard look through a few
skyrines and buy a rb20det instead, cheaper, and easier on your part! and you can drive sooner!
glwb!

iSLYD
04-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Yea Blake he's a cool kid he said he swapped out a comy 4cylinder out of it and put that in there we been workin on stripping the inside out lately. Btw the car does drive now in it's current state I just wanted to turbo it but where would I get a runnin DET from ne way

Silverstone
04-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Like mentioned, check some of the junkyards around here.

Check Up Garage, too. They have an HKS GT2535 for about $400 IIRC. Just don't get a stock turbo, assuming the RB20 turbos had the same crap ceramic fins. Booooo....

iSLYD
04-01-2010, 05:21 PM
Like mentioned, check some of the junkyards around here.

Check Up Garage, too. They have an HKS GT2535 for about $400 IIRC. Just don't get a stock turbo, assuming the RB20 turbos had the same crap ceramic fins. Booooo....

Aha true ok well I'll get on upgarage soon as the site isn't in jap cu I can't read that stuff lol man I feel like such a nooby but I am grateful none the less and rb25 from upgarage for 400bux!! Maaan I need that in my life lol

iSLYD
04-01-2010, 05:22 PM
Wait.... My bad lol u ment the turbo lmao I feel retarded

rweezly_s13
04-02-2010, 12:13 AM
you don't have to go to the site, just go to the shop
out in awase, they have a semi-english speaking staff

Silverstone
04-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Yea, they have a shop here. Take a right out of gate 3, or left from gate 2, and take the turn towards Uruma. You'll pass a Yellow Box and an overpass that says "KAZ." It's on the corner of a bigger intersection. Be sure not to miss the turn-in.

Sanzyou will also be your friend.

fliprayzin240sx
04-02-2010, 02:12 AM
Yea, they have a shop here. Take a right out of gate 3, or left from gate 2, and take the turn towards Uruma. You'll pass a Yellow Box and an overpass that says "KAZ." It's on the corner of a bigger intersection. Be sure not to miss the turn-in.

Sanzyou will also be your friend.

Yup, Sanzyous will be your friend if you wanna get fucked in the ass with no vaseline. The guy in there, I call him Matz since I keep forgetting his whole name, always helps me out but 80% of stuff in there is stupid expensive.

Anyways, Schilling's having a Spring Fest thing at Marek Park tomorrow,
supposed to have a car show that RCCA is throwing/running so alot of ZY guys will be there. Atleast assuming that it wont be raining cats and dogs.

Anyways, as far as looking for an engine, see if somebody can bring you to Michiya's shop. Might be able to get what you need over there.

rweezly_s13
04-02-2010, 08:35 AM
Anyways, as far as looking for an engine, see if somebody can bring you to Michiya's shop. Might be able to get what you need over there.

i was gonna say michiya would cut him a deal, but his shop is too damn
hard to find! it's over there in awase close to upgarage! but i forget which turn it is...and he only likes ppl he knows

iSLYD
04-02-2010, 11:04 AM
Well considering I'll have my skyline Monday... Anyone willing to show a new guy around? I just wanna get my car in good shape to drive and have fun In lol. And I do appreciate all the precious info u guys are giving me u have no idea how happy I am lol man hugs for everyone lol no homo

rweezly_s13
04-02-2010, 10:47 PM
no prob...if you want monday i can show you where upgarage is, and a few good junkyards...i sold my car though getting ready to leave here soon

iSLYD
04-03-2010, 02:13 AM
no prob...if you want monday i can show you where upgarage is, and a few good junkyards...i sold my car though getting ready to leave here soon

Well there's been. Change of plans I got the car today haha so hit me up if u wanna do something sooner

fliprayzin240sx
04-04-2010, 05:26 AM
i was gonna say michiya would cut him a deal, but his shop is too damn
hard to find! it's over there in awase close to upgarage! but i forget which turn it is...and he only likes ppl he knows

Its not that hard to get to Michiya's shop...go down to the light where Sanjyous is at and head down like youre going to Upgarage. Once you get to the intersection where Yellow Box Furniture store is at, make a right. Follow that until you get to the end of the road and Michiyas shop/yard is on the right, you cant miss it. Problem is whether he's there or not.

Silverstone
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
Can he do welding? Or does anyone have an HKS mounting flange for an RB25?

Killer K Slides
04-13-2010, 08:45 AM
do you noe directions to michiyas garage?

iSLYD
04-13-2010, 10:21 AM
do you noe directions to michiyas garage?

lmaoo kalil u just made this just so u could get diections i coulda told you they were already in here lmao

fliprayzin240sx
04-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Are people that just retarded in here? I just posted up how to get to Michiya's place...

iSLYD
04-15-2010, 07:08 AM
Are people that just retarded in here? I just posted up how to get to Michiya's place...

lmaoo aye ray he .... well honestly yea kalil did you read the thread before you posted or did you just.. like... i dunno start typing a question cuz it literally was like 2 post above yours aha its all good, well ill see you tomorrow bro aye ray take it easy on em he is a younger guy and is kinda slower then your average three toed sloth :naughtyd:

Silverstone
04-21-2010, 05:23 AM
I need a fucking SSQV flange for an RB25. :mad:

Okinawandrifter87
05-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Are there any decent junk yards or anything of that sort in Oki? Im going to be heading there towards the end of the year.

TOMKAIRA93
06-08-2010, 03:11 PM
After 3 years of being off the island i"m heading back to Okinawa next month, at the latest August. Thank God I finally got a job back in my old squadron, so yeah, I'll be there for at least three more years. Hope to meet some folks upon arrival. Peace!

ichihachizero
07-19-2010, 12:14 AM
my friends tell me michiya is a dick... and unreliable. only like one of them use him anymore for parts

ae86power
07-19-2010, 01:59 AM
my friends tell me michiya is a dick... and unreliable. only like one of them use him anymore for parts

Yeah, Mitchya is a cockface. Unreliable as fuck. My buddy was supposed to buy a 86 from him. We asked him if it could be driven, he said "Yes". So we drive out there and see this hunk of shit he was tryin to sell for $700. Trueno 3dr with chronic rust, the engine head was MIA, Gas tank was sitting in the back seat, there were no front seats, and the front part of the passenger side frame rail was pointing 45degrees upward. We told him to "Fuck Off". This kind of shit it not uncommon with him. But he has a hoard of gaijin dingleberries that'll do anything for him. I'm sure a bunch of them are on here as well. :smash:

Bossman14
07-19-2010, 03:29 AM
the only thing mitchya is good for is parts. thats it. if you are trying to buy a car from him, YOUR A FUCKING RETARD. he does have alot of commen parts that we often need, like tietods, lights, kits, engine harness's ect... but other than that, he is FUCKING USELESS! and i am sure there are some kubi or kadena kids on here that would suck his dick just to take i ride up royal with him. becasue thats what kind of people he attracts, the dipshit kids that buy the 14's and 180's and take them out and destroy them, and run to mitchya for his parts with there daddy's (or mommy's) paycheck.

Bossman14
07-19-2010, 03:39 AM
^^^^ WTF??? SEE MY SIGNATURE...

To the OP of this thread...fuck you!

FUCK ZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bunch of bitchy little fucks!

kuramaya
07-19-2010, 03:58 AM
FUCK ZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bunch of bitchy little fucks!

So join our forum...unless you have already

Dirty D

Bossman14
07-19-2010, 05:14 AM
So join our forum...unless you have already

Dirty D

already did D, been a member for awile now. Good guys, with good comebacks!!!!

c72c
07-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Are there any decent junk yards or anything of that sort in Oki? Im going to be heading there towards the end of the year.
there are alot of junkyards on oki. decent... that all depends on what you're lookin for.

kuramaya
07-21-2010, 05:15 AM
already did D, been a member for awile now. Good guys, with good comebacks!!!!

you gotta post so you dont get zapped...

also, there are multiple layers in the forum...not for elitist or anything...depends upon your involvement or lack there of with shit we do.......general track shit, or rippin on the streets...

if you already hang with someone on there. then you could already get pushed to another level...

joeapple8
07-22-2010, 06:33 AM
I have a friend stationed here, I was wondering where he can get an S15 turbo and other goodies, where should he look?

fliprayzin240sx
07-25-2010, 04:40 PM
Chances of finding just the turbo is slim, most folks who part out an S15 doesnt want to seperate the turbo from the engine. You take the turbo off an S15 Spec R engine and you might as well just have an S14 engine...

He'd have a better chance of finding an aftermarket turbo kit (Greddy, HKS, Apexi) or just buying a GT2871R from the states.

kuramaya
07-26-2010, 06:59 AM
LOL. I bought my Brand new S15 Turbo off a thread on here for cheap...

Okinawandrifter87
07-30-2010, 01:33 AM
I should be heading to Oki in Sept.. any car events going on around that time? Or anything interesting to do around that time of the year? I'll be at Kadena.

fliprayzin240sx
07-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Heading to Oki to visit? Probably not, almost nothing ever happens out here as far as car events. If you get here on the first week end of September...then you lucked out, ORION BEERFEST!!! Bitches, food, music and lots of fucking Biru...

kuramaya
08-02-2010, 05:20 AM
im sure we will hit the track in september... I will actually be in town until the 26th

fliprayzin240sx
08-02-2010, 03:43 PM
im sure we will hit the track in september... I will actually be in town until the 26th

Well he did say events...not track days...figured our gay ass "Super Drift" competition just happened, I dont think there's an event in Sept. Only other comp I can think of is the Yoshio Factory competition but cant remember when that is.

TOMKAIRA93
08-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I went to the newcomers briefing at Kadena this past Wed and they are talking about no drifting at all, which is the same message preached last time I was here. the questions is, how is this playing out nowadays? do people still go to Nago, events, etc...? Being here a week and am looking for a suitable car, but if drifting is so outlawed like they make it seem, I might as well get me an automatic. LMK

superbike81
08-06-2010, 09:12 PM
You can drift all you want here, when and where is up to you and up to how much risk you are willing to take. Are there Air Force guys that regularly drift at Nago and other places? Yes, there are. Just don't get caught.

TOMKAIRA93
08-07-2010, 06:45 AM
^^well, I know you can drift all you want, of course, I just wanted to know if they (MPs/SPs) are going to events trying to bust people. I know last time I was here they were busting people at Aja, but then again I wouldn't drift there, I normally went to Nago...anyway, thanks for the input.

c72c
08-07-2010, 07:33 AM
^^well, I know you can drift all you want, of course, I just wanted to know if they (MPs/SPs) are going to events trying to bust people. I know last time I was here they were busting people at Aja, but then again I wouldn't drift there, I normally went to Nago...anyway, thanks for the input.
keep it on the track and keep your mouth shut when it needs to be and you'll be fine.

fliprayzin240sx
08-11-2010, 07:48 AM
Lets just put it this way, dont talk about it, dont crash then try to claim it on your insurance, dont do it on the fucking street, and you're golden. Wing Safety have no beef with Nago or Bullring, they'd rather you do it there than at fucking Awase or Aja. OSI got their hands full with bigger shit than folks drifting on a private parking lot is at the bottom of their shit list.

cgtdream
08-28-2010, 03:36 AM
WTF do u expect buying a car for $700 dollars? He sold me a 1999 Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R and the car is in perfect condition cheaper than any S15 on island is going for.

Monkey D. Luffy
09-01-2010, 12:48 AM
yay for car guys in okinawa. aren't you all the same from zeroyawn and inner sanctum ;)

fliprayzin240sx
09-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Inner Sanctum is gay...too many queer-o's in there...

Monkey D. Luffy
09-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Inner Sanctum is gay...too many queer-o's in there...

oh Ray, don't be like that.

c72c
09-02-2010, 06:35 AM

hahaha. you must have been bored.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2010, 03:13 AM

You're not welcome here...GTR owners are not allowed in Zilvia cuz they're all douchebags. :fawk:

Monkey D. Luffy
09-04-2010, 12:11 AM
ah hahah. you know i own half a 14 so i'm only 75% doucher ;)

c72c
09-06-2010, 08:13 AM
ah hahah. you know i own half a 14 so i'm only 75% doucher ;)

you can own the half that still needs to be finished... now go finish it :mepoke: lmao

Toi
09-08-2010, 06:42 AM
Hahaha nice thread, I was in Okinawa from 96~99 when Aja and Shiniga was jumping.....before they put the red crap on the road and they drifted around the block and on the port under big rig trailers......

Airborne711
09-12-2010, 07:28 PM
New to the Zilvia scene, but not to ZY or IS. I want to go back to japan where its easy to source parts, and even labor. (for us that dont live in CA)

-Oki_RPS13

WhipsGoneWild.net
12-15-2010, 06:22 PM
can any of you Okinawa guys find me this license plate:

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll213/cdubw7/z_okinawa_300Y3977_400.jpg

Kojo
01-28-2011, 09:45 PM
I need help navigating the damn upgarage website! even with the google translator I cant get to where I wanna go! lol

HYPNOTIK
01-30-2011, 08:59 AM
There's a write-up on ZY of how to use it. Easiest way is to just type your chassis code into the search bar, it'll bring up everything you need.

slidewayss
02-19-2011, 06:06 PM
im new to the site and to okinawa. IT would be sweet if someone could show me around and maybe take me to a meet or drift event!

yokotas13
02-19-2011, 06:37 PM
zeroyon.com

Toi
02-20-2011, 03:07 AM
Sigh if only the military down on Okinawa would come to their senses on the whole car thing.

fliprayzin240sx
02-21-2011, 02:08 AM
im new to the site and to okinawa. IT would be sweet if someone could show me around and maybe take me to a meet or drift event!

Umm...sorry I missed this but this is the outcome of today up in Nago...

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g254/fliprayzin240sx/Zenki%20S14/Kissiekissy.jpg

fliprayzin240sx
02-21-2011, 02:10 AM
Sigh if only the military down on Okinawa would come to their senses on the whole car thing.

Its actually not really as bad as most folks hype it up to be...bases have their moments, we still do what we want to do, they dont pop folks from our shitty "tracks" so we cant really complain.

Kojo
02-22-2011, 10:23 PM
^^sucks bro! seen that 240 around a few times too,so dope!

Toi
03-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Its actually not really as bad as most folks hype it up to be...bases have their moments, we still do what we want to do, they dont pop folks from our shitty "tracks" so we cant really complain.

That is good to hear!!

2000gtx
03-10-2011, 05:59 PM
whats up guys was jus bwosing came across this thread i was stationed on kadena between 85-90...aja was the seen then....i really miss it though i live in cali now ..i got 2 s14s,and a 1971 hakosuka....cool driving here but wish i could drive there for at least one weekend..anyway hope the drifting and drag is still going strong...is rs okinawa still there?

TOMKAIRA93
05-18-2011, 05:41 AM
For those on here that are from Oki, when do you guys go up to Nago? I've been here for 9 months (second tour) and haven't been up there yet, maybe cause I don't have a stick yet, I ended up getting a Pajero to help me move shit out of my house and vice versa. I also have a soarer tt, but unfortuantely is auto, but bought it cause it was too cheap not to get it. Anyhow, let me know when you guys are planning a Nago trip, I would like to come by and meet some of you folks and maybe try to drift my Soarer. Later!

fliprayzin240sx
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Umm...go into Zeroyon and look under Events. RCCA usually have gymkhana days roughly once every month or so. As far as drifters, you gotta be in the knows to know. Since not all of us are legal to drift (AF), its usually invite only thing. Somebody will rent the place for half a day, invite 15-20 guys and everybody chips in 3,000y.

If you go to the Bullring, somebody's out there pretty much every weekend except 3rd weekend of the month. Exciting Gymkhana is usually on the 3rd weekend iirc.

Anyways, I'M OUT OF THIS BITCH ON SATURDAY!!! GET ME THE FUCK OFF THIS ROCK!!!

c72c
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
^^what he said.
There's actually an event on the 4 june @ 1300. but get on zy if you want more info.

fliprayzin240sx
05-25-2011, 03:09 AM
As far as the car scene...honestly, its been dying off in the last 3 yrs or so. Barely anybody goes out anymore, alot of the "OGs" (Japanese or Americans) barely does anything nowadays. Only a handful goes out and does any real driving. You go to Bullring on the weekend, you'd see alot of HS kids out there more than anything else. People just either got tired of it, got too old or just moved on other things (ie golfing, drifting rc, fishing).

TOMKAIRA93
05-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll try to make out there whenever possible. It sucks though, the AF kind of ruined the sport by banning it to all its employees. Oh well, live goes on...golf, flying, diving

fliprayzin240sx
05-28-2011, 01:51 AM
Like I said, people still go...nobody has gotten in trouble for going to Nago or Bullring the whole time I was there. Now if you get caught on the street, thats a different story. Folks drifting at Nago is usually invite only. If people dont know you then you're not invited. Keeps unwanted attention away. Bullring, I almost never went on a weekend just cause, plus thats when its most packed anyways.

marlove
06-25-2011, 07:37 PM
The Inner Sanctum &bull; Index page (http://blacklinux.no-ip.org/innersanctum/)

http://blacklinux.no-ip.org/pages/public/cars/skyline/2009/Aug/carshow/IMG_0137x.JPG

I have seen your Skyline driving around Kadena. I was drooling over the paint...just a little. I've been on island about a month-have a 2000 Silvia Spec-S. I havn't really met any car people. I know there was that car show on Kadena last weekend, but I didn't make it over. Hit me up, I'd love to check out your skyline!

robertpowell240
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
The Inner Sanctum &bull; Index page (http://blacklinux.no-ip.org/innersanctum/)

hey question? is there a website i can find an gtr and have it shipped state side for a decent price:bowrofl:

TK3
08-09-2011, 02:50 PM
hey question? is there a website i can find an gtr and have it shipped state side for a decent price:bowrofl:

Lol, those three words don't go together, gtr, state side, decent price.

Silverstone
08-15-2011, 01:36 AM
+1

Owner of a 1990 white GTR with big white wheels
and silver 2000 WRX with black wheels. :3

Kojo
08-16-2011, 07:32 AM
silverstone...did u pick that gtr up fairly recently? red seats? varrstoen wheels? I think I met the old owner before..I actually had hit him to test fit the wheels on my s15 and thats when I found out he sold it :doh:

Silverstone
08-16-2011, 08:14 AM
Yep, work in the same shop. He got rid of the red seats. Looking to pick up a replacement r32 driver seat and ordering new leather upholstery front and rear.

I'm looking to sell the Varrs if you're interested (or anyone you know). ;)
19x9.5 +12

Looking to get my hands on some 17x9 +22 RPF1s.

Kojo
08-16-2011, 05:50 PM
thats wassup bro! nice pick up!
man Id definetly be interested if they were 18s or Id at least test fit em,but Im deployed till Dec.
Im sure you'll be able to sell em on Zeroyon!
Im kinda debating on gettin rid of my ssr sp1s myself

Silverstone
08-17-2011, 09:09 AM
I'm actually deployed until mid Oct, Haha. Will be on island until Jan 2013, though.

I'll still have the wheels on hand when you get back, most likely. Nobody will have black RPF1s in my size until Mid-late Nov, anyway. Got a pic of your S15? Wanna see if I've seen you around before. Feel free to PM me if you don't like displaying it publicly.

Kojo
08-17-2011, 03:44 PM
LOL nice,we might be in the same craphole then, auab?
Yeah im on island till like May 2013 myself..

like I said I favor 18s,but like I said I'd at least like to throw 2 on just to see what it looks like and we can throw the sp1s on the skyline just for shits n giggles..

heres my s

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Untensuru/c2d161a6.jpg

I fitted the wheels right before I got sent out so I still got a few last touches to do,Im gona go a good bit lower once I figure out how to remove my perches/order new coilovers cause with my cuscos maxed out in the front,it only tucked a hair of the tire and I rubbed at full lock so its raised up 3 4 turns in this pic,so I might go from 225 to 215s up front cause I didnt wanna do anymore of a pull in hopes of sliding past JCI inspections and keeping my 500 plate,and I think Im a take a little bit of camber out of the rear..

Im assuming you plan on tryin to hold on to the car till the 25 year mark and gettin it back to the states with you or what?

Silverstone
08-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Pic is broken. :/ I'm over at MAB. Worst time of my life...

Yeah I plan on staying in Japan or going to Europe, etc until 2015.

Kojo
08-18-2011, 06:56 AM
ah dang,fixed it!
sorry to hear,we almost there tho!
nice man,I wish my s was a little older too lol!

superbike81
08-19-2011, 06:16 AM
love the stance on that S15 as is, but good luck getting it lower without rubbing issues.

I wish I never would have went with 19's on the GTR (the one I sold to Silverstone) jut due to all the rubbing issues. I love the look, but it was a pain in the ass driving on anything but a flat road.

I've got 20's now, but the new car has much bigger wheel wells. LOL.

Kojo
08-19-2011, 06:40 AM
lol what you rolling with these days?

I loved ur works on the skyline man,I was pretty upset when you got the varrstoens !

as far as rubbing,fenders rolled and pulled a few mms all around,the back has no problems what so ever,the front rubs at full lock now and rubbed anytime I wasnt going straight when it was all the way down LOL. the sad thing is it only tucked a hair of the tire all the way down so it was retarted to be that low and not even be able to notice it,so I kept it it like this..with the fronts like 3 4 threads up >>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Untensuru/64339580.jpg

when I get back I think Im a switch over to 215-35s up front to help me with rubbing and order some fortune autos/remove perches on mine to help me get THIS low

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/Untensuru/176e1ab1.jpg

if it rubs a little,id live with it,once its all said n done my biggest concern would be if I can make it over the spikes going out the gate LOL

Silverstone
08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
Didn't know you were a part of Zilvia. Trying all possible sources to maybe find some used TE37s or something. Otherwise it's a tossup between CR-KAIs or RPF1s. Only bad thing is CR-KAIs only come in +27 offset for 17x9. :/

superbike81
08-19-2011, 06:56 AM
Get TE's or RPF1's, CR-Kai's are ugly IMO. I've been on Zilvia for a while just don't post much.

I'd go with RPF1's just because for the same price you'll get them new.

Kojo : It will look great that low and you shouldn't have any problems out of the gate. The GTR pushes the spikes down as is right now, but it's way too low. I'm not driving anything special now, just a nice safe new family car that will be coming back with me and be my wife's when we get back the states in 2013. I've got a 2005 911 C2S waiting for me back home, so not going to waste any more of my money on sports cars here.

Kojo
08-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Didn't know you were a part of Zilvia. Trying all possible sources to maybe find some used TE37s or something. Otherwise it's a tossup between CR-KAIs or RPF1s. Only bad thing is CR-KAIs only come in +27 offset for 17x9. :/

I personally would throw some CCW classics on there! I wish silvias looked good with mesh wheels,I woulda got em myself!

as far as as offsets,theres always spacers bro!

bike: damn! nice to see the economy isn't hurting everybody! LOL. good to know about the spikes too,just gotta get low now!

btw u know any good spot around kad to get tires for decent price?

superbike81
08-19-2011, 10:21 AM
I personally would throw some CCW classics on there! I wish silvias looked good with mesh wheels,I woulda got em myself!

as far as as offsets,theres always spacers bro!

bike: damn! nice to see the economy isn't hurting everybody! LOL. good to know about the spikes too,just gotta get low now!

btw u know any good spot around kad to get tires for decent price?

Well, if you aren't picky about brand, and know someone who has an off base address and can read Japanese, you can go through ¥¿¥¤¥ä¡¢¥¹¥¿¥Ã¥É¥ì¥¹¥¿¥¤¥ ä¤Î·ã°ÂÈÎÇäŹAUTOWAY(¥ª¡¼¥È¥¦ ¥§¥¤) (http://www.autoway.jp/) they ship to Okinawa for 500yen per tire.

Otherwise, B&M Okinawa out of Gate 1 can get you decent tires for a decent price. But if you are looking for high end stuff like AD08's, RE-11's, or Star Specs, just go through TireRack in the US.

Oh, and to be honest, the 911 wasn't really my purchase, it's a hand-me-down from my dad. But I'm not going to say no to it. LOL

Kojo
08-19-2011, 10:31 AM
gotcha,appreciate it..

a hand me down? shiiiiett.. even more sweet!! LOL

Silverstone
08-20-2011, 06:29 AM
Just found me some low mileage N1 turbos. *woot*

I wish I was home...

Kojo
08-20-2011, 10:11 AM
x 2 on the home thing.

new turbos? that thing isnt fast enough for you just yet? LOL

Silverstone
08-20-2011, 09:31 PM
It's "fast enough," but why not be faster if I maintain daily drivability? :D
First plans are wheels, though. For the price, I can't pass up these turbos though.

Kojo
08-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I hear ya! speaking of wheels, I keep finding nice stuff on yahoo japan auctions,wish I had a connect to order for me smh

crazy to think in 2015 the r32 will be 25 years old, if I extend at Kadena I might have to trade/sell the S! LOl.

Toi
08-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I stay off the auctions because Americans and most other places can now access them a bit more though I can tell their searching skills still lack because they think the wrong way hahaha. Thank god Mainland has a ton of rim shops.....

Now if I can just come up with 138k yen for those Bronze SE37s.......

Silverstone
09-07-2011, 03:46 AM
Bored, br0s.

superbike81
09-07-2011, 05:41 AM
LOL, you are due back soon right? How's the car doing anyways? Sorry I haven't been able to make it over to check it out, but between family, working 12's, school, and my hospital shadowing hours, I have zero time to do anything.

Silverstone
09-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Expect me back in a little bit.
Well, my wife starts it every now and then and updates me almost daily of how dirty and lonely it is. No worries, I'll take care of it when I get home. I've got some nice surprises for it.

fliprayzin240sx
09-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Hey Jason, what's the process for applying for a Postal Job? I got an airman out here who's curious about it. Do you apply for a specific location at the same time, when you put in for it or do you get selected first, then pick where you want to go?

superbike81
09-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Being in the US it's a little easier. Log into the AMS via the portal and go to Equal Plus. Look up AFSC 8M000 and start volunteering for whatever he is interested in. Each assignment in the list has a closeout date, if he doesn't get any word by a couple weeks after that he can volunteer for another one. You can only volunteer for one assignment at a time but that list is constantly updated, not like the normal Equal cycles.

Its easy to do, but pretty much a crapshoot if you actually get selected or not.

ni_san
09-11-2011, 06:16 PM
What? No intro thread needed???

This is ichii_nii on ZY, just thought I'd join a new forum since I'll be leaving the motherland soon. Currently I've got the Kouki 14 with the custom black w/ blue flake paint job and it'd my 5th S-chassis so far.

Abstrak0ne
09-12-2011, 05:20 AM
I'm here on Okinawa. Been here for about a week now. I'm kinda looking for a car now but not in a real big rush to find something. Borrowing a car from some family in the mean time. I remember the lemon lots used to be packed with some nice cars. Now that I'm looking, they barely even have crappy cars to look at.

Kojo
09-12-2011, 03:14 PM
yeah man,nowadays if you wanna find a car and its outside of "pcs season" your best bet is okinawayardsales.com

not sure what ure in the market for/budget but Id consider parting with my s15 posted above if it came down to a serious offer:D

Silverstone
09-13-2011, 11:38 PM
If I had found a turbo s15 for 5k, I would've jumped on that before the gtr. Ha

Kojo
09-14-2011, 12:30 AM
lol shieeeeet,bc motors sellin n/a automatic s15s for 7500,I dont think a turbo s15 is even feasable lol

fliprayzin240sx
09-14-2011, 03:30 AM
lol shieeeeet,bc motors sellin n/a automatic s15s for 7500,I dont think a turbo s15 is even feasable lol

Actually its possible, S15 Spec Rs are cheaper now, just a matter of you looking and asking the right people. Stay the fuck away from the used car lots.

I've seen Spec Rs sell for $4-5k. Worst case scenario, I've seen Spec S go for $2-2.5k, swap in a turbo engine for another $1-1.5k depending on the engine.

Kojo
09-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Actually its possible, S15 Spec Rs are cheaper now, just a matter of you looking and asking the right people. Stay the fuck away from the used car lots.

I've seen Spec Rs sell for $4-5k. Worst case scenario, I've seen Spec S go for $2-2.5k, swap in a turbo engine for another $1-1.5k depending on the engine.

Agreed on the car lots,but sometimes people choose/need to finance to get what they want so I guess in some cases its unavoidable..

Not to say that it can't be done or say you're wrong,but I know when I was personally searching (around Jan),I never saw a spec R anywhere for under 7500 and a spec S for under 3500,and the one I did find for 3500 was automatic,I found mine SpecS through B&M Bill and he gave me a good deal and he took off a couple of things to make it affordable to me but it still wasnt under 3500

superbike81
09-14-2011, 11:13 PM
If I had found a turbo s15 for 5k, I would've jumped on that before the gtr. Ha

I sold my turbo S15 for $5500, which is right around the same amount I put into it. Got the Spec-S for $3k and then did the swap. Sold it to a guy I worked with, and then he sold it to a guy on here who now has it in Italy. I did the swap with a couple friends helping/guiding me. It wasn't pretty but it was functional.

Back when the yen rate was decent I would say it wouldn't have been that hard to find a good Spec-S for cheap, but now with the yen rate, unless you get it from a PCS'er, it's tough to get a good deal. Even a 250,000yen car from the Auctions or Goo-Net is going run you $5k+ after shipping and registration.

Now that we've got that financing place out of gate 1, a lot more people can have the opportunity to buy a non Y-plate car without getting completely raped by the American dealers. Granted you still have to pay a little more for financing, but it's nowhere near the "Gaijin tax" that gets put on the cars at BC or Johnny's.

Kojo
09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
I sold my turbo S15 for $5500, which is right around the same amount I put into it. Got the Spec-S for $3k and then did the swap. Sold it to a guy I worked with, and then he sold it to a guy on here who now has it in Italy. I did the swap with a couple friends helping/guiding me. It wasn't pretty but it was functional.

Back when the yen rate was decent I would say it wouldn't have been that hard to find a good Spec-S for cheap, but now with the yen rate, unless you get it from a PCS'er, it's tough to get a good deal. Even a 250,000yen car from the Auctions or Goo-Net is going run you $5k+ after shipping and registration.

Now that we've got that financing place out of gate 1, a lot more people can have the opportunity to buy a non Y-plate car without getting completely raped by the American dealers. Granted you still have to pay a little more for financing, but it's nowhere near the "Gaijin tax" that gets put on the cars at BC or Johnny's.

ah yeah caseys s15s...the island really is small lol. I wonder how easy it was for him to bring it to italy w him..

yeah you aint lying about the yen rate being a big factor now..

co-signed on that place out gate 1,I used em,had a great experience with them

superbike81
09-16-2011, 12:01 AM
There is nothing to taking whatever car you want pretty much anywhere in Europe. Just ship it like a normal car. When I was stationed in Italy there were a few GTR's, Supras, and other Japanese imports owned my military.

Silverstone
09-18-2011, 04:58 AM
You have a bad habit of modding cars and selling them for less than they're worth, haha. Guess you just want them gone quick?

In other news... Can't wait to come home. Got a trade lined up for some 17x9+20 Weds SA90. :3

superbike81
09-20-2011, 08:53 AM
You have a bad habit of modding cars and selling them for less than they're worth, haha. Guess you just want them gone quick?

In other news... Can't wait to come home. Got a trade lined up for some 17x9+20 Weds SA90. :3

Never bothered me that much. I've got enough income-generating investments to more than offset the relatively tiny loss I take on cars. I'd rather take a loss on my toys than deal with tons and tons of douchebags who aren't actually serious about buying my car. My time is worth more than the the time I would spend haggling for an extra $1000 from someone for a car I'm selling.

In semi-related news, I will be selling my 911 for just under current market value ($50k) when I get PCS back to the US (in a few months) and will be shopping for a F430 Spider. :yum:
I've been quietly shopping for them for a while, and with the 458 Spider coming out now, depreciation should be pretty close to bottomed out on the 430, so it's a good market for a potential long-term owner like me.

edit: I thought you were getting RPF1's? I think they'll look better than the Weds, but that is a subjective opinion of course.

fliprayzin240sx
09-21-2011, 03:00 AM
Fuck going to that place at Gate 1 for a loan. Just go to Community Bank, I got a no-collateral $9k loan at 7.5%, no questions asked. That's lower than most credit card and only 1%-2% or so from USAA's used car rate.

Silverstone
09-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Never bothered me that much. I've got enough income-generating investments to more than offset the relatively tiny loss I take on cars. I'd rather take a loss on my toys than deal with tons and tons of douchebags who aren't actually serious about buying my car. My time is worth more than the the time I would spend haggling for an extra $1000 from someone for a car I'm selling.

In semi-related news, I will be selling my 911 for just under current market value ($50k) when I get PCS back to the US (in a few months) and will be shopping for a F430 Spider. :yum:
I've been quietly shopping for them for a while, and with the 458 Spider coming out now, depreciation should be pretty close to bottomed out on the 430, so it's a good market for a potential long-term owner like me.

edit: I thought you were getting RPF1's? I think they'll look better than the Weds, but that is a subjective opinion of course.

I should've changed my mind at the very end. Haha

I might still be getting RPF1s. It's a straight trade for the weds, and I figured why not... I need something for JCI (which is due in March, right?), and I just wanna get the car to being more comfortable. I've got a long list of stuff to do on it, so it'd free up some cash for other things.

superbike81
09-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Fuck going to that place at Gate 1 for a loan. Just go to Community Bank, I got a no-collateral $9k loan at 7.5%, no questions asked. That's lower than most credit card and only 1%-2% or so from USAA's used car rate.

True. But have you seen the average credit score? A lot of people, especially young military people with little, bad, or no credit history wouldn't be able to get a loan.

That's where the gate 1 place helps.

fliprayzin240sx
09-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Shit, I don't exactly have stellar credit either...last time I checked, I was sitting around 705. I got the loan no questions asked.

superbike81
09-21-2011, 07:59 PM
705 isn't considered "excellent" but it will still get you a personal loan (especially being military). Generally anything over 700 will get you qualified for a loan, just if you want the best interest rate you should have 730 or higher. Last I read, the average credit score in America is somewhere in the 670-680 range (probably lower now with all the foreclosures and bankruptcies) so I wouldn't be too ashamed of anything over 700. I never could break 740 until I bought a house, just having that home loan put me up to 765.

fliprayzin240sx
09-22-2011, 12:54 AM
Its good credit but not excellent credit. When i got debt free before I left for Japan, I was sitting at around 801. That was after clearing all my credit card debt. Needless to say, AAFES Star Card is the fucking devil.

Silverstone
09-27-2011, 07:55 AM
AAFES is the fucking devil.

Fixed. :hahano:

Outlaw13
02-25-2012, 06:52 PM
hey going to be in okinawa with a friend soon hoping someone could show some cali guys around hit me up i would love to see how the car scene is out there

doke! ドリフト
02-27-2012, 12:16 AM
id show you around but I'm deploying in april for 4 months. when are you coming?

fliprayzin240sx
02-27-2012, 12:51 AM
hey going to be in okinawa with a friend soon hoping someone could show some cali guys around hit me up i would love to see how the car scene is out there

Car scenes pretty dead...folks doesnt go out as much as they used to when I left. Drag racing was dead and almost nobody drifts on the streets. Might get lucky that there's something going on out at Bokujyo in the weekends. Then again, there's almost always somebody up there on the weekends.

Outlaw13
02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
going to be there in early april

TOMKAIRA93
02-28-2012, 03:45 AM
You can hit me up kid. I maybe able to show you around, at least some junk yards. LOL

PM if you wish and we'll go from there. Wouldn't mind helping you out, but no promises on big car scene here in Oki.

doke! ドリフト
02-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Car scenes pretty dead...folks doesnt go out as much as they used to when I left. Drag racing was dead and almost nobody drifts on the streets. Might get lucky that there's something going on out at Bokujyo in the weekends. Then again, there's almost always somebody up there on the weekends.

Ray I beg to differ man...of course it's not as big as it once was but there's a lot of Y plates still hitting up the streets, even new guys since you've left.

I was never into drag so idk but I still hear them out gate 1 by my house every once in awhile.

Outlaw I found out today I'm not deploying so I'll be here in april just hit me up man

Outlaw13
02-28-2012, 11:29 PM
i will hit you guys up when im aproaching my arrival date thanks again

doodoojin
03-15-2012, 06:53 AM
yo, I'll be down there in Sept, been in Misawa for 3 years already. spent 7 months elapsed time TDYt to Okinawa, so I'm pretty familiar with the area.. Only thing I wanna know is are there any off base storage facilities for the Cat. 5 hurricanes ... lol..

OkiCefiro
03-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Wuz up Mike- Lived in Okinawa for 4 years, from 2002-2006
When were you there?

Luvs2slide
03-30-2012, 06:06 AM
^ Matt?

msglength

Jpn
03-31-2012, 06:39 AM
Does anyone know how to ship out a motor out of Okinawa?

slidewayss
05-15-2012, 03:11 AM
hey everyone, im back out here in okinawa for work again. Anyone wanna take me out this weekend to a car meet or to the track for some drifting?

ZSimmons
05-22-2012, 02:16 AM
was born in okinawa

Okidamage
06-12-2012, 02:54 AM
Im on oki also any of u guys know some good junkyards to pic up a sr20det?

fliprayzin240sx
06-14-2012, 03:57 PM
You wont, you'd be better off hitting up people for them. I'd check with Bill or Michiya before anybody else. Also, once in a while, you'll find one FS in OYS.

Keltonxx
06-23-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm in Okinawa for the next week and a half. Someone meet up with me to do some car type stuff. That'd be dope.

hvp014
08-10-2012, 10:12 PM
hey PCSing to Kadena this December, looking forward to meeting up and talking car.

Monkey D. Luffy
09-02-2012, 07:30 PM
hi everyone! are there a lot of fast cars in okinawa?

thatdrifterguy
09-03-2012, 03:47 AM
yah, a lot of slow ones too. lol

Monkey D. Luffy
09-03-2012, 03:50 AM
i always see a crap load of r33's i figured they were all fast.

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2012, 10:00 AM
What you have to realize is that R-chassis is like the Honda Accords of Japan. They made alot of version of the R-chassis. Just because you see an R32, R33 and R34 doesnt mean they are GTRs. GTRs are the only ones worth a damn for Skylines. Almost all of the fast Skylines in Japan are mostly GTRs. I'm talking about 800-1100 hp monsters.

Monkey D. Luffy
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
are there any 700 + hp skylines out here?

thatdrifterguy
09-05-2012, 07:29 AM
What you have to realize is that R-chassis is like the Honda Accords of Japan. They made alot of version of the R-chassis. Just because you see an R32, R33 and R34 doesnt mean they are GTRs. GTRs are the only ones worth a damn for Skylines. Almost all of the fast Skylines in Japan are mostly GTRs. I'm talking about 800-1100 hp monsters.

lol. didnt even know they made 4 lug skylines. ive only seen them in 33s though. mustve been the fail period for skylines.

cww180
11-04-2012, 05:23 AM
Definitely 700 + HP Skylines around here.

are there any 700 + hp skylines out here?

Sileighty_85
11-04-2012, 05:28 AM
lol. didnt even know they made 4 lug skylines. ive only seen them in 33s though. mustve been the fail period for skylines.

N/A Base Models were 4 lug

doodoojin
11-04-2012, 05:46 AM
There is a 900+ HP R32 on Kadena. One of the three fastest cars on the island I would say.

Monkey D. Luffy
11-04-2012, 05:48 AM
I really want to see a r34 GTR with monster hp

doodoojin
11-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Well there is a light purple one driving around all the time with over 700 HP. Kinda hard to miss, it says POWERED BY AKB48 on it.

doodoojin
11-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Mine has 600HP if you count the turbo kit sitting in my closet.

fliprayzin240sx
11-05-2012, 02:34 PM
There is a 900+ HP R32 on Kadena. One of the three fastest cars on the island I would say.
Rick, probably more like 1000hp now...he just had the whole bottom end redone a year ago and went with a bigger turbo.

Well there is a light purple one driving around all the time with over 700 HP. Kinda hard to miss, it says POWERED BY AKB48 on it.
Jerome, my favorite child molester on island...hence the name, AKB48, he likes em young.

both really cool and down to earth guys. If you're gonna make friends on island, you need to get on Josh's good side. He's the guy with the slicked back hair working at the KAB Hobby Shop. If you need anything, he'd probably know who has it. Thats assuming he doesnt already have it.

Greg_Hager
11-10-2012, 02:03 AM
Lurked this thread for a while, never really posted cause I was driving a Del Sol...but I'm picking up a R32 GT-R on Monday. :) Jus got back from the Bull ring a few minutes ago, that was awesome to watch!