PDA

View Full Version : q45 throttle install question

frost1988
09-19-2009, 01:04 AM
i have a q45 throttle but i want to know what company that sells the adaptor to install it i dont really want to weld it on to my intake or a website i can buy it from.Is there someone on here that can fab me one? Befor you FLAME i did use the search button and nothing came up.

let5l1de
09-19-2009, 01:29 AM
FYI q45 MAF is very large and may hurt your overall driveabilty. A general rule is that your intake will flow only as well as the smallest diameter combined with the tightest turn. 60mm tb mounting pad (even if bored to 70mm) will be the limiting factor if a adapter is used for a 85mm (or is it 90mm?) inlet diameter of a Q45 throttle body. this will surely impede the flow characterisitcs...

you need a new manifold if you inisit on using a Q45 throttle body

project-D180
09-19-2009, 12:36 PM
i see gguys using n15 throttle body which is 70mm from sr i believe

frost1988
09-19-2009, 02:52 PM
gees both ur answer didn't solve shit lol read what i asked i already know all ur info iam asking where i can get the adapter or a website i can order it from.

let5l1de
09-21-2009, 12:13 AM
gees both ur answer didn't solve shit lol read what i asked i already know all ur info iam asking where i can get the adapter or a website i can order it from.

Your typing is horrible which makes it hard to read where your questions begins or even ends for that matter. Why don't you google "sentence structure". This will clarify what your question is and help us readers sift out all the run-on sentence bullshit....

Anyone can "fab you one" if you give them the right dimensions. Use google for your local welding shop.

If you want to do it right, try the Xcessive Manufacturing manifold. If you have a grand floating around, try the BJ's Racing manifold.

~m

Logic
10-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I´m pretty sure no one is making that kind of adapter because it´s simply an bad idea. In terms of performance and looks. You have to make custom adapter.

I replaced my stock throttle body with q45. My butt dyno didn´t notice any difference compared to stock one. But the reason why I installed was because the stock one split half and threw a screw to the engine.