PDA

View Full Version : PowerFC question

Rittmeister
09-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Here's a wild hare idea.

What's the possibility of creating an add-on or piggyback module for the SR20DET PowerFC that could control electric fans? It could plug in between the Commander and the ECU itself (like the Datalogit does), read water temperature, and output a signal to the fans at a user-determined temperature.

I know nothing about electronics, but is this even feasible? I figure the hardware would be easy, the software would be the weird part. If someone had the know-how they could even make it controllable through the Commander like the rest of the FC's functions.

S14_Kouki
09-16-2009, 11:47 PM
Fan control wire in a switch

Slip&Sliden 240
09-16-2009, 11:54 PM
Just run the sohc factory hose splice thermo switch gig.

steve shadows
09-17-2009, 12:10 AM
yep ^^^^:wiggle:

Rittmeister
09-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I wasn't necessarily looking for this for immediate use. I'm using a Pivot fan controller. I was just curious whether it's possible, and if there'd be any interest at all.

proj240sx
09-17-2009, 08:45 AM
the functionality is there in the power fc to do it, but not for sr20det. i know for a fact on the program for the FD there is adjustable fan settings. This is because the FD comes with electric fans. SR20s come with clutch fans so apexi did not enable this feature or include it with the programming for the SR20. Maybe some apexi guru can add in that functionality? dunno if there is a wire on the harness u could utilize either...so i second the sohc thermo gig, works like a champ.