PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust helpppppppppppp!!!!!

zenki213
09-15-2009, 02:34 AM
wsup guys! does anyone have any paperwork from their exhaust companies stating that the exhaust is carb and sound legal? it's for a zenki. need a copy asap please!

GSXRJJordan
09-15-2009, 02:35 AM
Look it up here, by EO or Manufacturer:

Database: Aftermarket Parts Database of Executive Orders (http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devices/amquery.php)

I could have sworn cat-back exhausts that are certified below the legal limit used to have EO numbers, but I can't seem to find them anymore... maybe someone who's more educated can chime in. The only exhaust stuff I see for 240's is a Greddy Exhaust Manifold.

Supposedly, cat-back exhausts that retain all factory sensors, routing, and are below the CA-mandated 93dB limit (some places say 95, some say 93) don't require CARB EO's...

You could always call/write/find an email for the CARB guys... here's the address for the people you'd want to talk to:

California Air Resources Board
Aftermarket Parts Section
9480 Telstar Avenue, Suite 4
El Monte, California 91731

(626) 575-6858

zenki213
09-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Thanks a lot for your insight gsxr! Yeah I already checked up on that site and printed out the greddy one. Kinda sketchy about takin it to the cops and showing them that document.. Anyone else know or have a better document?? I need it before the 25th! Please help!

illvialuver
09-16-2009, 01:25 AM
Shouldn't thins be in the chat section?

GSXRJJordan
09-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Thanks a lot for your insight gsxr! Yeah I already checked up on that site and printed out the greddy one. Kinda sketchy about takin it to the cops and showing them that document.. Anyone else know or have a better document?? I need it before the 25th! Please help!

That Greddy EO is for an exhaust manifold, aka header. Not a cat-back exhaust. Look up your exact VC on the ticket and find out if it applies to one or the other, or both. They'll need to verify that the 'header' in your car is the exact Greddy one, so I'm guessing if you got popped for an aftermarket header that's not tagged 'Greddy CARB EO xxxxxx' it's not gonna work.

Shouldn't thins be in the chat section?

Most certainly should :)

Phlip
09-17-2009, 08:35 AM
A better question is why do you need this, and SPECIFICALLY what exhaust is this for?
I ask because it SEEMS like you need something to try and fool the folks into thinking that your illegal exhaust is legal.
And we frown on such behaviors around here.

fliprayzin240sx
09-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Pay the fine and move on...thought exhaust tickets are now non-correctable. Well you still have to correct it and get fucked in the ass with the fine too double-whammy...

SDS13COUPE
09-17-2009, 09:24 AM
Borrow a stock exhaust, show it to a cop, done. I believe all catbacks are legal as long as you have a cat, and it's not extremely loud. As long as your not redlining everywhere then there is no reason to get pulled over.

Pactin
09-18-2009, 12:48 AM
Borrow a stock exhaust, show it to a cop, done. I believe all catbacks are legal as long as you have a cat, and it's not extremely loud. As long as your not redlining everywhere then there is no reason to get pulled over.

Nope. All catbacks other than OEM are illegal in california. In fact, any modification to the exhaust system is illegal; whether its removing the cats, removing a resonator, etc...

ronmcdon
09-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Well, cat-backs are fine as far as when you go smog your car.
Technically, catbacks that don't go past 93-95dB should be legal.
Some are even carb exempt or whatever.

However, cops can pretty much do whatever they want.
They could even give you an exhaust fix-it ticket for a stock system.
They are likely to give you a fix it ticket for any cat-back.
Its happened to me more times than I wish to count.