PDA

View Full Version : Question about VLSD fitment.

Charsiu
09-14-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi all, I've been searching for a VLSD for my non-abs S13 lately and I've been doing a lot of reading in this forum, it helps a lot :)

Now I understand the perfect fit for my non-abs S13 would be a non-abs VLSD, but seems like most of the vlsd I can find, is the ABS version of VLSD from 95+ J30 and S14

I know the extra length of the ABS version VLSD can squeeze into the non-abs version driveshaft with a little force, but I want to make sure it doesn't put enough stress to my tranny to mess up anything in long term run.
If you've been running a ABS VLSD on your non-abs s13 for a while and doesn't encounter any problem, please do let me know!

Hope you guys can help me out and let me know if it's ok to do so :D

Thank you very much!

g6civcx
09-15-2009, 08:12 AM
What propeller shaft are you running? Stock? Aftermarket 1-piece?

RentonD
09-15-2009, 08:31 AM
I just put on in for my car. (J30 on Non-ABS '95 240SX) It works fine with the stock driveshaft. Just make sure that you have the proper half shafts. (When/If you end up buying one, open it up and check the gears and bearings. I wish I had because my VLSD squeaks, lol.)

Souljahzs13
09-15-2009, 02:48 PM
I've ran a 5 bolt axle VLSD from 94-95 J30 with the abs pumpkin on my stock S13 non-abs two piece driveshaft and it works fine. But when I switched over to a one piece non-abs aluminum driveshaft it was a little too snug. So i would reccomend either run it with a stock non-abs two piece, a stock abs two-piece, or a one piece driveshaft with a abs vlsd pumpkin