PDA

View Full Version : Limited edition Bride Cuga Seats..im in love

T_wei
09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
I never thought i see one for sale in U.S. Only 100 of them were very made correct me if im wrong.
I like the fact that they didn't liter the seat with thousands of bride logos.
So clean.
wanna see how much this one goes for.
I find it funny how the value of these item dramatically decrease due to some minor issue..it may be big for some, but honestly i don't really car for 1 or 2 blemish
here is the link there more pics there.
BrideCugaSeats (http://www.more-japan.com/home.php?cat=1794)
http://www.more-japan.com/skin1/images/auction_cuga/1.jpg

http://www.more-japan.com/skin1/images/auction_cuga/4.jpg

slipipinoi
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
O: now that looks comfy

ILoveMyRHS13
09-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm an idiot. Ignore this post.

T_wei
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Bride is just for looks. It's not like they're sanctioned for ANYTHING. Not to mention, this is one of Bride's ugliest seats.

Yeah, I said it.

meh, everyone got different taste... dance, music etc etc

IMO i think these are classy in a way. It looks simple and clean

Brian
09-14-2009, 11:34 AM
Bride is just for looks. It's not like they're sanctioned for ANYTHING. Not to mention, this is one of Bride's ugliest seats.

Yeah, I said it.

Several Bride seats are FIA rated.

Also, your statement is based on a USA biased mentality.

Bride seats are used in many forms of racing in Japan.

Johny5
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM

Yeah, I said it.

you = fucking retarded. i'll just reiterate what brian said to prove it, THERES A DECENT AMOUNT OF BRIDE SEATS THAT ARE FIA RATED. i don't even have brides, don't care much for them (although the small is comfy). but they aren't just some shit built up on hype. go cram into your fattyboy sparco because its the "american" and SAFERACER thing to do!

Yeah, I said it.

ILoveMyRHS13
09-14-2009, 11:39 AM
you = fucking retarded. i'll just reiterate what brian said to prove it, THERES A DECENT AMOUNT OF BRIDE SEATS THAT ARE FIA RATED. i don't even have brides, don't care much for them (although the small is comfy). but they aren't just some shit built up on hype. go cram into your fattyboy sparco because its the "american" and SAFERACER thing to do!

Yeah, I said it.
Well excuse me for being wrong. I've never seen anything about being FIA rated.

I stand corrected.

For the record, I don't like Sparco seats.

JEDIs13
09-14-2009, 11:42 AM

:Owned:

Yeah, I said it.

:Owned:

like stated before. i think those seats have a classy look to them. like they should be in a VIP styled car

S14_Kouki
09-14-2009, 11:45 AM
They look comfy I look my recaro more tho

T_wei
09-14-2009, 11:46 AM
They look comfy I look my recaro more tho

i want to look at your recaro too

Johny5
09-14-2009, 11:48 AM
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1

they shoudl do this on the spg in gradiation

mehsilvia
09-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Damn fine seat there.

I just wish i could fit in one - lol

Slammed180
09-14-2009, 11:55 AM
No thigh bolsters?

T_wei
09-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Well excuse me for being wrong. I've never seen anything about being FIA rated.

I stand corrected.

For the record, I don't like Sparco seats.

o btw

http://i28.tinypic.com/2eok7yu.jpg

S14_Kouki
09-14-2009, 12:11 PM
i want to look at your recaro too

ahahahahah I ment like

zenki.life
09-14-2009, 12:28 PM
cool seats. nothing like OEM though. lmao

illvialuver
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
When I can afford a 370z, I want to get the cuga, I think it looks better in newer cars. But that seat is nice, not diggin the bluish color.

SexPanda
09-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Id rock'em in the subaru fo sho.

veeates36
09-14-2009, 02:37 PM
I've seen this seat on the BRIDE site and I heart it..

Yea, I said it. Lol

ronmcdon
09-14-2009, 02:53 PM
The stitching looks cool, and the fabric seems great.
Not sure about the color though.
Seat is probably like a suede black, although its almost navy blue with the lighting.

Heres another pic.
think its the same seat;

IMO, they should have released the Cugas this way by default.
Looks far classier than the gaudy 'gradation' theme.

http://www.more-japan.com/blogs/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/bride-japan-cuga1.gif

Gradation Cuga in black

http://image.importtuner.com/f/9871120/0706_impp_01_z+import_tuner_parts_review+bride_cug a_seats.jpg

brndck
09-14-2009, 02:56 PM
that seat is clearly not the same ronmcdon
the bottom section on the op's pic has pretty much no thigh bolsters.
your pic has MASSIVE ones.
looks like the same back section tho?

Avante
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
High side bolsters = Vorga

low side bolsters = Cuga

diffrerent models.

ronmcdon
09-14-2009, 04:53 PM
that seat is clearly not the same ronmcdon
the bottom section on the op's pic has pretty much no thigh bolsters.
your pic has MASSIVE ones.
looks like the same back section tho?

you're right.
they do look more like the Vorgas though.

pic of Vorgas;

http://www.bride-jp.com/kakudai/rec/d_cr7ags.gif

here's the only pic I could find comparing the Cugas to the Vorgas.
Cugas usually have a bigger thigh bolster area.
Vorgas have much less, like the OP's pic.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=BRIDE

usdm180sx
09-14-2009, 05:47 PM
My buddy has a pair of these in his s14 with the super low rails. Man those low rails are amazing. The cabin felt eerily roomy because these seats sit REALLY LOW. Lower than stock seats. Serious. And reclinable bucket ftw. So easy to get out from the rear seats!

BustedS13
09-14-2009, 05:53 PM
can't wait to buy a "variant" version of this seat in the zilvia advertiser section

SexPanda
09-14-2009, 06:05 PM
can't wait to buy a "variant" version of this seat in the zilvia advertiser section

lol and you know that those will sell a hell of a lot better than the real ones here in Zilvialand.

Matej
09-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh gosh, I could spill my drink on those all day long.

chibo
09-14-2009, 10:28 PM

That's cool - except we fucking live in America. Why the fuck do we care about Japan? Those fuckers hackjob a lot of shit, but it passes "because it's done in Japan, bro".

lflkajfj12123
09-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I care about Japan

I also own a BRIDE racing seat

and the cugas have such a low thigh bolster must hold for shatt

Brian
09-14-2009, 11:17 PM
That's cool - except we fucking live in America. Why the fuck do we care about Japan? Those fuckers hackjob a lot of shit, but it passes "because it's done in Japan, bro".

America is not the world.

How's that ethnocentrism working out for you.

It's good to have pride in America, but open your eyes a little bit.

If you don't want a Bride seat because it was made in a different country, that's fine. Nobody is twisting your arm here. relax.

chibo
09-15-2009, 12:21 AM

If you don't want a Bride seat because it was made in a different country, that's fine. Nobody is twisting your arm here. relax.

Fair enough, I flipped out. I wasn't saying it because it's a Japanese brand - that's cool, I was trying to say that just because that's how they do it in Japan that it's right. It seems to be a common thing that anything they do on these cars is the 'right way' to do it, which is plain wrong from looking at some of the stuff closely that people here worship.

usdm180sx
09-15-2009, 01:05 AM

Some people care that a company has a racing heritage. Whether it's over here or in japan it doesn't matter. Winning is winning. I don't care if it's by an inch or a mile...oh no

BTP
09-15-2009, 01:09 AM

Yeah, I said it.

hahhah:bigok:

chibo
09-15-2009, 01:35 AM
Some people care that a company has a racing heritage.

Are you trying to tell me that the other non-Japanese seat manufacturers like Recaro don't have a racing heritage? :rofl:
Do you notice on Bride's own site every thing it lists under Motorsports is something held only in Japan? :rofl: As far as I can find, they have been around since 1999. Ten years. There isn't much info at all about them.
Recaro has been mostly making seats since 1963, and makes OEM seats for like 32 different automobile companies.
Sparco is Italian(not American) and has been making seats since 1977.

I just don't understand the pissing contest about how Bride is some godly seat making company and we Americans cannot be worthy.

I'll take a Recaro any day, and for cheaper.

usdm180sx
09-15-2009, 01:52 AM
Are you trying to tell me that the other non-Japanese seat manufacturers like Recaro don't have a racing heritage? :rofl:
Do you notice on Bride's own site every thing it lists under Motorsports is something held only in Japan? :rofl: As far as I can find, they have been around since 1999. Ten years. There isn't much info at all about them.
Recaro has been mostly making seats since 1963, and makes OEM seats for like 32 different automobile companies.
Sparco is Italian(not American) and has been making seats since 1977.

I just don't understand the pissing contest about how Bride is some godly seat making company and we Americans cannot be worthy. But then again, this is the community that goes from random JDM coilover to random coilover every 6 months proclaiming how they are godly.

I'll take a Recaro any day, and for cheaper.

Wow that's interesting. When I had my s14 I had a Bride Zeta 3 driver and Brix II passenger seat. Now I have a Recaro SPG driver seat and a Recaro Speed passenger seat in my s13 hatch. And here's an interesting tidbit: The gradation pattern is originally from Recaro.

Who cares?

chibo
09-15-2009, 01:54 AM
Wow that's interesting. I have a Recaro SPG driver seat and a Recaro Speed passenger seat.

Then why are you defending Bride seats? :squintd: Either way, the racing heritage argument is null.

usdm180sx
09-15-2009, 02:15 AM
I'm defending them because I had them and I liked them. That's all that matters to me. Just because I like Recaro more doesn't mean Bride seats aren't good.

Jakob
09-15-2009, 02:32 AM
why do have all this hate against bride lately? even here in germany they talk shit about quality products by a reputable company, whether its bride or cusco.

but then again everybody tells me what a great coilover K-Sport or D2 is and its definately worth the money :duh:

Omarius Maximus
09-15-2009, 05:57 AM
If I'm gonna drop exorbitant amounts of money on a set of seats, they'll definitely be recaros

sportster cs:

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb139/mod-xfd1/DSC_0186.jpg

NervGS
09-15-2009, 08:13 AM
I own a set of Bride Zeta II's and Recaro SRD's.

Both are great, great seats.

I also own a set of Sparco Sprint buckets.

Great seat for its price.

My favorite seat I have is an R32 GTR.

Can't beat OEM quality, shit is built to last.

I want to get rid of the Zeta II's. Red (no gradation), w/s13/s14 rails.

-glenn

Brian
09-15-2009, 08:34 AM
GLENN, PM me with the zeta 2 seat info. The red ones.
please.

MrMigs
09-15-2009, 12:47 PM
It kinda seems like you guys are stuck on the "OMG I'm gonna have to pay a shitload of dough to buy this seat because it's Bride" mentality. Rightfully so... BUT if you checked the link, it looks like this is going to be an auction.

So, technically, you could take home this seat for less than one of those other bootleg breede chairs.

lflkajfj12123
09-15-2009, 01:34 PM
a bride seat isn't even that much

you pay for what you get "quality"

if 400-500 bucks is too much for you then why are you even considering getting a seat

MrMigs
09-15-2009, 02:33 PM
true that homes

ronmcdon
09-15-2009, 03:30 PM
400-500 can get you some pretty decent condition used brides/recaros.
I have a used Recaro reclinable I got for 300-ish on my 240, and couldn't be happier.

I think Recaros, Brides, and Sparcos are all great quality seats, and comparable price-wise.
It just boils down to personal preference (and maybe motorsport sanctioning if that matters to you),

Good seats are something I don't skimping on.
It will change the overall driving experience imo.
BUT if I see a good deal used or new, then that's even better.

JeremyR
09-15-2009, 03:32 PM
fuck me :( i just bought some cuga's a couple weeks ago, i should of waited! godamnit.

udon!
09-16-2009, 12:49 AM
ive heard that bride seats are more skinny-people frendly, while sparco and recaro have more room, for a larger person. I personally like bride graduation, but hey, thats just me. i think it looks sick as fuck.

T_wei
09-16-2009, 12:15 PM
It kinda seems like you guys are stuck on the "OMG I'm gonna have to pay a shitload of dough to buy this seat because it's Bride" mentality. Rightfully so... BUT if you checked the link, it looks like this is going to be an auction.

So, technically, you could take home this seat for less than one of those other bootleg breede chairs.

can't say it better myself senior 20

ixfxi
09-16-2009, 01:43 PM
hey whatever happened to those VARIANT seats?

thats what im talkin bout

MrMigs
09-16-2009, 06:22 PM
You mean the Bride Vios? Or should I say... "Breed Vayos?" LoL

ranger240
09-16-2009, 06:40 PM

try xenophobia instead of ethnocentrism when youre trying to smash someone

how come no one has brought takata harnesses into this omg/jdm battle?

lets think why companies like bride and takata exists.. prohibitive japanese trade policy. bride seats arnt godly, they're just whats easily available in japan. im SURE there is some tariff on foreign made car parts sold in japan..

takata is another example of us over here needlessly buying up overpriced stuff for (insert any weak argument of said items value).

lets think about it.

they buy bride/takata whatever over in japan because theyre the best product at the best price in JAPAN

we should be rational and buy the best product at the best price, it wont be some seat that has a ton tacked on to ship it from japan

recaro/sparco win hands down as does simpson/whatever harnesses

or buy a bride/takata harness for jdm style

personally i think those Cugas look awesome and would look awesome in a Montego Blue FD or something equally sick.

ixfxi
09-16-2009, 07:44 PM
sparco is fucking garbage. i hate sparco products and would never use them.

Brian
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
try xenophobia instead of ethnocentrism when youre trying to smash someone

yeah that works too.
thanks.

Matej
09-16-2009, 08:24 PM
Cannot wait until ISIS seats come out.

Brian
09-16-2009, 08:27 PM

word up on that, man.

FaLKoN240
09-16-2009, 09:27 PM
ive heard that bride seats are more skinny-people frendly, while sparco and recaro have more room, for a larger person. I personally like bride graduation, but hey, thats just me. i think it looks sick as fuck.

University of Recaro offers a pretty competitive program as well I heard.

I agree.

I hate their shit. Rails suck, seat designs suck, everything sucks.

They should just make some Bride/Recaro "Variant" make it out of the crappy materials they use and sell those.

punk138
09-17-2009, 02:14 AM
definitely look comfy but there's something about reclineable seats i don't like.

i still wanna buy a set of bride gradation.

Om1kron
09-17-2009, 04:43 AM
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1
recaro #1

they shoudl do this on the spg in gradiation

they should not...

ronmcdon
09-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Sparco is good in my book.
Had the Rev's for about 2 yrs in my honda crx, before they got stolen.
Fitted me absolutely perfect, & moreso than my current Recaros on my 240 & evo.
Maybe a little gaudy with the name, but it worked good enough.

T_wei
09-18-2009, 10:27 AM
FML my bid was 740 some one stoles from me the last frekin .0000000000001 of a sec from under me