PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET No SPARK problem please help!

dbenavides
09-14-2009, 06:59 AM
Ok I just finished swapping my perfectly good running SR20DET out of my S14 chassis that I wrecked. I pulled the motor perfectly running out and swapped it into my new chassis S14. I swapped everything over and did a wire tuck on the engine harness. I plugged everything up and went to start it yesterday. The starter cranked normally as I circulated oil thru the motor. The fuel pump kicked on and worked. I then plugged in the crack angle sensor to fire it up and got nothing. I then check for fuel. Had fuel so then I checked for spark. I noticed that one of my ignitor coils was smoking so I turned everything off and disconnected the battery. The coil had melted and was extremely hot. I then check the rest of the coils and they seamed find and cool. So I then I hooked up the battery and checked for spark, no spark. I then switched the burnt coil pack for a good one and it seamed to be fine. I also check to make sure there was power to each coil pack. Each coil pack had power but still no spark. So then I check the gounds. All grounds looked good.

The only thing I did when I swapped the motor was power wash the engine. Could I have damaged the crank angle sensor? The ignitor chip was never power washed and worked fine before so I don't think it's the ignitor chip. Does any one know what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Dan
[email protected]

dbenavides
09-14-2009, 07:10 AM
I just thought about something else that might be causing the no spark. The car has a factory alarm/security system. I noticed that my transmitter was not working. Could the factory alarm system be causing the the car not to have spark? or does it just kill the starter?

4x4le
09-15-2009, 06:01 PM
You seem to be having a few things going on. Check the ground that comes off the ignitor chip. If that 1 wire is not connected you will have no spark. When ignitor chips go, they dont usually go on all 4 cylinders, but rather just 1 or 2. Your cas is most likely good if your getting fuel, it wont tell it to give it fuel but no spark if its bad but if it does end up being the cas I have a brand new cas with brand new gasket and cover installed I could sell you for $200, however that just dont sound like the problem to me.

darthslider
09-05-2013, 09:53 PM
I seem to be having te same exact problem. How did you fix yours? And I also have an alarm