PDA

View Full Version : lost power to my headunit

JGON85
09-14-2009, 01:14 AM
greetings all, I've done a search but could not find anything that was relevant to my issue.

today I woke up and went for a quick 'bucks run (s14 se, ka24) and noticed that I had no power to my headunit (also the mini-clock on the speedometer...) at first I thought that I had left it off, but after trying to power it on from the headunit there is still no power. All interior/exterior lights are operating normally, but still can't get power to my head unit.

I noticed that my anti-theft light is no longer blinking when car is locked, although my alarm is still activated (tested it out today still works). haven't checked my fuse box, but could it be the anti-theft fuse? I unplugged and plugged it back in, but still nothing.....

just need a quick answer as I don't drive to work w/o my daily dose of the fhfu podcast....

J90lude
09-14-2009, 02:15 AM
check your ground wire yo

HYPNOTIK
09-14-2009, 02:15 AM
haven't checked my fuse box
:duh:

So you have an electrical problem and you haven't checked the first place you should look?

g6civcx
09-14-2009, 06:36 AM
I noticed that my anti-theft light is no longer blinking when car is locked, although my alarm is still activated (tested it out today still works)

Is this an aftermarket alarm?

JGON85
09-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Is this an aftermarket alarm?

nope, still oem.

@ Hypnotik:
I'll get around to it today

Kouki_Mnster
09-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Ground wire or fuse.

projectRDM
09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I wish to fuck you clods would quit suggesting 'ground wire'. The ground in the dash harness is shared through every electrical component in the car. Obviously if the ground wire was bad, any ground wire, nothing would work. Plus he's already made the point that three separate circuits don't work, so there's no possible way a 'ground wire' is bad. Even more so, there is no electrical ground in the radio harness, it grounds through the chassis of the radio.

So, check the fuses. FUSES. There's a battery electronics fuse that should be the culprit, but the ignition lead could also/or be the issue, it's under the hood.