PDA

View Full Version : Zilvia gets a Car Audio section?

Rick-95ZE
09-12-2009, 03:55 PM
BEFORE I bother any of the higher ups.. I would like to first gauge interest among fellow Zilvians to add a "Car Audio" section.. I was thinking this possible section might be a good for the following:

1. Place to buy & sell Car Audio
2. Place to show off your custom installs
3. to share How-to info ( I have a few I'd like to share)
4. place to get info and tech support on Car Audio/Video/Alarm, Etc.
5. brand name advice and discussion
6. overall discussion of Car Audio in general (for us new and old school audiophiles)

Just thought it might be good for the forum.. Just a thought for now.

S14_Kouki
09-12-2009, 04:20 PM
I just have a cd player and 2 front speakers but one day i would like to jazz up my car audio

Z33dori
09-12-2009, 05:05 PM
yea i want to put a sub in my car.....

i hate all the cars w/o even a radio... can't live w/o jamz

GSXRJJordan
09-12-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought I was the car audio section. :)

Seriously though, even though there are many decent car audio forums, I think there's enough interest (and random posts) that are S-chassis specific that a car audio section would be helpful.

S14_Kouki
09-12-2009, 05:15 PM
I dont understand how ppl drive without something to listen to

druthafoo
09-12-2009, 05:43 PM
yes please.......

xpertsnowcarver
09-12-2009, 06:20 PM
I just listen to my iPod.. Besides.. the 240 sound system is so basic, and other forums cover this.

This section may be necessary if/when they bring back the 240 in the upcoming years.

GSXRJJordan
09-12-2009, 06:39 PM
I just listen to my iPod.. Besides.. the 240 sound system is so basic, and other forums cover this.

This section may be necessary if/when they bring back the 240 in the upcoming years.

Not saying I'm the only one that likes real stereophile sound from their 240, but my system is anything but basic. Check the "post your speaker setup" thread if you're interested.

When it comes to how to wire up an amp or head unit, sure there are other forums, but when it comes to people trying to get great sound out of their S-chassis cars, should there be S-chassis forums on something like DIYMA? No, doesn't make sense. Just have a car audio section on S-chassis forums.

xpertsnowcarver
09-12-2009, 06:56 PM
^^I agree you are not the only one. But.. Since there are websites (12volt.com and others alike) that are dedicated for this kind of thing, including monster audio systems, not to mention the various car audio magazines, I don't feel its necessary. Yet, anyway. Back when I worked for Circuit Shack, when they were in business, I learned and knew quite a bit of what's involved with the wiring and power consumption, etc. I, too, used to be all into car audio zines as well.

Another reason why I turn the idea down, currently, is just that there aren't very many 240 owners that focus on a monster audio system. Some people can't even maintain their car and buy real parts.. I'm just picturing myself getting annoyed at all the... "what Metra harness did you buy so I can install my $50 kenwood stereo..." threads. You know?

Now, just as I mentioned in my last post, even if this does go through, which it's not a big deal, this section would most likely be necessary anyway since Nissan is planning or already made arrangement for the new 240. So, either way.. this section seems like it will be part of this forum in the future anyway.

Sergio180sx
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
i think a audio section would be dope to see how people do there 240's with systems and how they use there trunk space wisely

NINJASPY
09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
electronics/security/wiring section would be nice....

druthafoo
09-12-2009, 07:26 PM
^yea itd be better to combine all those things together me thinks

kaking
09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
^^last idea sounds good

Suzukini
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM
we need this

DreamN
09-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Not necessary.

Jakob
09-13-2009, 08:00 AM
how about making it an S-chassis electrics section?

people could post their wiring projects, audio setups and ask other people how to properly wire up their turbo timers, piggybacks, ecus and motorswaps.
personally im a very big fan of clean and simple wiring job.

c'mon people fitting fat wheels isnt the only disciplin when it comes to cars :P

druthafoo
09-13-2009, 08:04 AM
how about making it an S-chassis electrics section?

people could post their wiring projects, audio setups and ask other people how to properly wire up their turbo timers, piggybacks, ecus and motorswaps.
personally im a very big fan of clean and simple wiring job.

c'mon people fitting fat wheels isnt the only disciplin when it comes to cars :P
Yea it is. Dontchakno?

jspeedm
09-13-2009, 01:23 PM
When it comes to how to wire up an amp or head unit, sure there are other forums, but when it comes to people trying to get great sound out of their S-chassis cars, should there be S-chassis forums on something like DIYMA? No, doesn't make sense. Just have a car audio section on S-chassis forums.

i agree, but maybe just a sticky, not a whole section.

currently[/U], is just that there aren't very many 240 owners that focus on a monster audio system.

Joel, not everyone who puts a system in their car has to have a monster system. some of us simply enjoy good quality sound. a lot of factors can affect that such as sub placement, component types, etc.

I would be interested in other poeples input and setups.

yota man
09-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I think it would make a nice addition to the forum even if everyone doesn't use it. I feel that there would however be enough people to make it worth while and it would make it easier for that information to be accessed.

I currently fall under the category of "someone without a radio." However I would like to change that in the future. It would be nice if there was an area of the forum I could go to for inspiration and ideas. I'd rather not did through the thousands of posts in chat, tech, S-chassis tech or where ever else all the electrical questions may have been posted.

One section for all electrical stuff seems to make the most sense to me. I feel that could easily be placed as sub-forum in the already existing tech area.

ILoveJDM
09-13-2009, 03:12 PM
i drift with 2 10's in my car. wouldnt want it any other way.

xpertsnowcarver
09-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Joel, not everyone who puts a system in their car has to have a monster system. some of us simply enjoy good quality sound. a lot of factors can affect that such as sub placement, component types, etc.

I would be interested in other poeples input and setups.

Dude... you didn't read both my posts...

The 240 sound system is so BASIC. Its very basic. 12volt.com and other nissan forums have covered basic stereo systems in great detail already. Why do we need to add to it??? A mere search on google on how to install a single din radio will reveal countless results. Even installing alarm systems is basic for our car. All it takes to do anything to our car electrically is a FSM, the product's installation guide, a soldering iron and solder, and a few beers... that's it.

Now... come time to do something like this to a 350z or future S- and Z-, and even R-, chassis... okay..it will most likely be necessary. But not anytime soon.

A decent quality sound system is mere plug and play. There is no soldering or anything involved. You buy your stereo, buy your "kit" which btw, our cars don't even need one. You buy are Metra harness. Buy your Polk Audio 3 ways and 5x7s or whatever. Once you have it all, unplug all your old junk and plug in your new. That's it. We need a section for this??? Nope.. Want a section for monster audio? Meh... Not needed.. A lot of magazines and other forums cover this too.

If there ever is a wiring question anyway, it can be asked in the chat or tech forum. Why not?

GSXRJJordan
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
A decent quality sound system is mere plug and play. There is no soldering or anything involved. You buy your stereo, buy your "kit" which btw, our cars don't even need one. You buy are Metra harness. Buy your Polk Audio 3 ways and 5x7s or whatever. Once you have it all, unplug all your old junk and plug in your new. That's it. We need a section for this??? Nope.. Want a section for monster audio? Meh... Not needed.. A lot of magazines and other forums cover this too.

... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

Engine wiring could be in there, but I'm more interested in a location for:
*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.

S14_Kouki
09-13-2009, 06:28 PM
^^ great point lets do it

xpertsnowcarver
09-13-2009, 08:00 PM
... and then you have people like me, and all the other people I've done systems for - doing nothing the easy way: custom wiring throughout the car, multiple types/layers of sound deadening installed, custom sealed door enclosures for front stage midrange, and tweeter attenuation for windows up/windows down listening... I will be taking my car out for IASCA SQc competition this season, and definitely have the best sounding (and possibly most innovative) S-chassis I've ever heard - I'm interested to see where everyone else's at since I got out of the IASCA comps in 2001-2002.

I get it that you won't be posting a whole lot in the subforum or whatever, or don't think there's enough interest, but coming from the guy that everyone asks for when they post audio questions (or just need advice), THERE IS A TON of information on this site regarding custom electronics and audio, and it's spread all the fuck around.

*wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts for everything (Supraforums has this, for instance)
*chassis modification for better sound (sound deadening, where to do it, how much to use, etc)
*Front stage choice/modifications/etc - by far the most important part of any audio setup - much more involved here than picking out some fucking 4x6's from Best Buy!
*Subwoofer choice and placement/enclosures, with measurements if anyone actually goes and competes - lots of info out there on what type of box to put your sub in, but every chassis is different! S13 coupe/hatch/S14 all have different placements, and I use different designs for each.

Jeez, after this post, if this doesn't go through I'll just put up an audio section on JordanInnovations.com lol.

lol.. Hey man! Just trying to make a good debate! :bow: Like I said, if we do make a section for this. Not a big deal.

jspeedm
09-13-2009, 10:10 PM

this is what i was trying to say but not as in depth. anyone who has been doing good quality install and design knows that every car has different acoustics with many variables within the same chassis type.

the the entire system can sound different depending on weather you put the sub on the left or right side. back seat or none.

not to mention what kind of sound are you looking for pure clarity or overwhelming bass.

then add in the infinte variable-settings, music type, and the persons hearing frequency range.

i guess this would be a good new section after all, as long is it isn't filled with 20 pages of "the red wire is power, the black is groung."

ps. Joel, nothing wrong with a good debate.

palmdale_mob
09-13-2009, 10:23 PM

This........

g6civcx
09-14-2009, 10:13 AM

What is "wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts"?

Is this what we do every day in the Tech forum?

Iron_Zenki
09-14-2009, 10:19 AM

I Effin Agree!:bigok:

druthafoo
09-14-2009, 02:33 PM
plus..

I've been itching to design some enclosures. It's been a while.

dudermagee
09-14-2009, 04:10 PM

This sounds like what is needed

ronmcdon
09-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Defintely a good idea.

GSXRJJordan
09-14-2009, 08:05 PM
What is "wire tucks with peer-reviewed pinouts"?

Is this what we do every day in the Tech forum?

Kind of. I'd like to see a section for it, like Supraforums has (at least I think that's where I found all my 1JZ and 2JZ stuff organized all nice), as 'Tech' is very crowded and the search function doesn't work well for the people that need it since we use correct terminology, and the people that need the help usually don't know what that is, otherwise they'd be doing it themselves lol.

twistedsymphony
09-15-2009, 10:52 AM
I voted yes...

I've written a few 240sx specific tutorials for stereo and other electronic installs... none of them are here on zilvia though, I'd consider posting them up here if there was a valid section for it.

g6civcx
09-15-2009, 01:16 PM
'Tech' is very crowded and the search function doesn't work well for the people that need it since we use correct terminology, and the people that need the help usually don't know what that is, otherwise they'd be doing it themselves lol.

:stupid:

Sometimes I have problems searching in Tech. It's like trying to find a needle in a needlestack.

GSXRJJordan
09-15-2009, 03:08 PM
Sometimes I have problems searching in Tech. It's like trying to find a needle in a needlestack.

Seriously! Sometimes the responses are in threads with dumb titles, to I skip over them lol.

mikefc
09-16-2009, 10:05 AM

This would be perfect.

cxlo8331
09-16-2009, 04:53 PM
I thought I was the car audio section. :)

Seriously though, even though there are many decent car audio forums, I think there's enough interest (and random posts) that are S-chassis specific that a car audio section would be helpful.

word!

jefe should moderate.

Rick-95ZE
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
jefe should moderate.

I'll 2nd that motion.. I feel that he would be the right man for the job, if extra moderation is deemed necessary by the powers that be.

druthafoo
09-16-2009, 05:58 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

I havent really laid the foundation for my car audio background yet. :(

reminds me.. i was the audio mod on boxden.com HAHAHA omg I can't believe I used to be heavy on that site.

xpertsnowcarver
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
3rd. Yea Jordon, we nominate you. Set the rules for that section of the forum. Then make a sticky of common info.

GSXRJJordan
09-16-2009, 07:47 PM
word!

jefe should moderate.

I'll 2nd that motion.. I feel that he would be the right man for the job, if extra moderation is deemed necessary by the powers that be.

3rd. Yea Jordon, we nominate you. Set the rules for that section of the forum. Then make a sticky of common info.

Haha, Rick asked me this via PM once the thread really started rolling. I'm in there like swimwear, baby - so down!

Of course, if I were to spend any more time on Zilvia, my girl might leave me... but then I'd have more time to spend on my car, and on Zilvia...

xpertsnowcarver
09-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Hmmmmmmm...... decisions... Zilvia will always be there... GF may or may not always be there..... We shouldn't get into this on here :p

r6_240sx
09-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Fully quoted again cuz this is a damn good post.

I would like to upgrade my paper fluttering bass speaker setup, but I'm not going to lie I really don't know jack shit.

I've looked at car audio forums, but they're a little too extreme for me.

Hopefully, having a section like this would help for those that are looking for a properly decent setup (like me) that doesn't rattle the trunk and dim the lights when the subs hit, but still have a car that handles and drives nice.

Also by doing this, it would help get rid of the dumb posts like, "My motor is my stereo." or "Subwoofers are dumb, they take up too much weight." Since the people that usually say this (most 240 owners), won't bother looking in there.

Rick-95ZE
09-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Keep the votes coming..

GSXRJJordan
09-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Glad to see people are still voting! I talked to Phlip and he's down with not having to moderate it lol, he's got to talk to the Admins about making a new subsection and mod changes though.

r6_240sx
09-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Sweet, are voting is making a difference.

g6civcx
09-23-2009, 09:55 AM
You know if you need wiring assistance and pinouts on S-cars, I got you.

Rick-95ZE
09-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm very happy to see that there seems to be a (constant 70ish%) interest, I'm hopeful for the reality :x:.

g6civcx
10-05-2009, 09:07 PM
While we're waiting, can someone recommend a good filler that will block sound? I want to stuff the area between the inner and outer rear fenders on my car to reduce the echo chamber effect.

GSXRJJordan
10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
While we're waiting, can someone recommend a good filler that will block sound? I want to stuff the area between the inner and outer rear fenders on my car to reduce the echo chamber effect.

That's one of the things I'm dealing with right now! I personally know Anthony (Ant) from Second Skin Audio (the owner of DIYMA.com, Do It Yourself Mobile Audio), so he was the first one I talked to when I decided to jump into making my car quiet.

What I ended up with was bulk packs of Damplifier Pro (their better version of Dynamat Extreme) and one bulk pack of Luxury Liner Pro (their mass-loaded closed-cell-foam/vinyl barrier).

Damplifier Pro: - link - (http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier-pro.php)
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/tdc/_images/_products/med_224.jpg

Luxury Liner Pro: - link - (http://www.secondskinaudio.com/noise-barrier/Luxury-Liner-Pro.php)
http://www.secondskinaudio.com/tdc/_images/_products/med_281.JPG

For filling quarterpanels I have at least one layer of Damplifier Pro covering the outer quarterpanel, the wheel arch, and the inner quarterpanel, and have cut and folded Luxury Liner Pro to fit in there - to work best, the closed-cell foam barrier should be as complete as possible (no gaps). I haven't finished everything so I can't comment on the difference it makes, but I can say that the "clap test" shows significantly less reflection inside the car.

KOUKIboy
10-06-2009, 10:11 AM
i think a audio section would be dope to see how people do there 240's with systems and how they use there trunk space wisely

I put 4 6x9 s in the car, a small amp underneath the seat and a slim sub in the trunk (12).....That sucka hits hard.....And hell yes we should have an audio section....:bowdown:

g6civcx
10-06-2009, 11:52 AM
What I ended up with was bulk packs of Damplifier Pro (their better version of Dynamat Extreme) and one bulk pack of Luxury Liner Pro (their mass-loaded closed-cell-foam/vinyl barrier).

For filling quarterpanels I have at least one layer of Damplifier Pro covering the outer quarterpanel, the wheel arch, and the inner quarterpanel, and have cut and folded Luxury Liner Pro to fit in there - to work best, the closed-cell foam barrier should be as complete as possible (no gaps). I haven't finished everything so I can't comment on the difference it makes, but I can say that the "clap test" shows significantly less reflection inside the car.

I want to completely fill in the area. Is there something that can do that? Something like expanding foam or something like that.

GSXRJJordan
10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I want to completely fill in the area. Is there something that can do that? Something like expanding foam or something like that.

That's what I used to have! Doesn't work AT ALL. You can layer the Luxury Liner Pro to absorb slightly more ambient noise, but the big reduction comes from damping the vibrating metal panels, and creating a noise barrier with a single layer of something like Luxury Liner.

heavenboundkevin
10-06-2009, 03:25 PM
im at work and logged in just to votes, yes, it would be lovely

g6civcx
10-06-2009, 08:47 PM
That's what I used to have! Doesn't work AT ALL. You can layer the Luxury Liner Pro to absorb slightly more ambient noise, but the big reduction comes from damping the vibrating metal panels, and creating a noise barrier with a single layer of something like Luxury Liner.

I talked to the local audio installer and they recommended: http://shop.selectproducts.com/diy/itemdesc.asp?CartId={FA3EVERESTB2011-2C04-4633-9B4A-AE4EB5DC3597}&ic=FGXFOAMQ&eq=&Tp=

I'm going to have a layer of Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner over the interior surface any way. I just want something to fill in the gap to dampen the echo a little more.

Russ recommended jute padding as well.

I picked up some polyfill and it's definitely out. Too flammable.

The stuff your recommended is good, but I think would be too expensive considering the insulation I already have on top of the area.

I think I'll look into Russ's suggestion and see if I can make any headway there.

Thanks.

rebornS14
10-06-2009, 09:15 PM
YAY for car audio! i can show off my new system there.

GSXRJJordan
10-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I talked to the local audio installer and they recommended: http://shop.selectproducts.com/diy/itemdesc.asp?CartId={FA3EVERESTB2011-2C04-4633-9B4A-AE4EB5DC3597}&ic=FGXFOAMQ&eq=&Tp=

I'm going to have a layer of Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner over the interior surface any way. I just want something to fill in the gap to dampen the echo a little more.

Russ recommended jute padding as well.

I picked up some polyfill and it's definitely out. Too flammable.

The stuff your recommended is good, but I think would be too expensive considering the insulation I already have on top of the area.

I think I'll look into Russ's suggestion and see if I can make any headway there.

Thanks.

That fiberglass stuff doesn't harden strong enough to stop vibration, and isn't as effective as dynaliner/Luxury Liner/any mass-loaded closed-cell-foam barriers at stopping sound. From an audiophile standpoint, unlike a room, cars generally don't have enough volume to make stopping ambient noise feasible... once the noise is in, it's most likely going to stay. You can fill that space with anything you want, but the people I've talked to about the same exact problem say don't bother filling it with anything - just mass-load the panels with Dynamat/Damplifier/etc and put a barrier over it.

Baron Fel
10-07-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want this. There is no downside :)

g6civcx
10-07-2009, 08:37 PM
That fiberglass stuff doesn't harden strong enough to stop vibration, and isn't as effective as dynaliner/Luxury Liner/any mass-loaded closed-cell-foam barriers at stopping sound. From an audiophile standpoint, unlike a room, cars generally don't have enough volume to make stopping ambient noise feasible... once the noise is in, it's most likely going to stay. You can fill that space with anything you want, but the people I've talked to about the same exact problem say don't bother filling it with anything - just mass-load the panels with Dynamat/Damplifier/etc and put a barrier over it.

You say nothing. Russ says jute. Local audio guy says expanding foam.

Right now I'm tempted to just spray each side with 2 cans of Mr. Gasket insulation, stuff them full of jute padding, and throw in a couple ounces of expanding foam.

Then I'll run Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner on the interior panel and be done :p

Rick-95ZE
10-08-2009, 12:50 PM
You say nothing. Russ says jute. Local audio guy says expanding foam.

Right now I'm tempted to just spray each side with 2 cans of Mr. Gasket insulation, stuff them full of jute padding, and throw in a couple ounces of expanding foam.

Then I'll run Xtreme and 1/2" Dynaliner on the interior panel and be done :p

:2c: Personally,I FUCKING HATE EXPANDING FOAM :rant:,aka Great Stuff, aka MESSY-ASS BULLSHIT! Once you spray that shit in or on anything, you will have a hard time getting that shit off..

I've worked for a few shops that loved to use that shit..I remember a few installs that I had to chisel through about a pound of hardened foam to regain access to a bolt that loosened something crucial..

I would only say that if you're going to use expandi-anything ,just use caution when and where you spray it, use gloves , don't wear any nice clothes, and for the the love of GOD, don't drip any on your carpet..

g6civcx
10-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the tips. Right now I'm leaning towards jute since it's not as toxic as foam.

JDGrimReaper666
10-18-2009, 11:03 AM
So when are we supposed to get this Car Audio Section?

GSXRJJordan
10-18-2009, 04:26 PM
So when are we supposed to get this Car Audio Section?

I'm guessing I'll be able to talk to Bob (RJF) or Mark (West) at SEMA, and ask them about it then... an Admin has to make the changes, Moderators cannot.

So, hopefully, soon!

jspecusa
10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
anyone up for a zilvia sema meet?

GSXRJJordan
10-19-2009, 10:39 AM

YES!!!

I've got phone numbers for almost everyone except Bob (RJF), I'm going to PM you my number Sam and hopefully we can all get together!

SlideWell
10-23-2009, 01:09 AM
i think it would be a good idea. i know a lot of us older guys started out in car audio and lowrider stuff. a lot has changed since i was fully into car audio, yet some manufacturers are still around and pumping out high quality audio. i only have 2 speakers up front and its killin me. i like a nice sounding stereo, but have to say im behind on the times and would need to assistance in shopping for whats new and hot.

rebornS14
12-12-2009, 10:15 AM
so are we getting one or what?

GSXRJJordan
12-12-2009, 02:07 PM
so are we getting one or what?

I haven't heard anything back from the Mods... an Admin has to make it happen.

Rick-95ZE
12-12-2009, 03:30 PM
..and I've dropped the "ball" on this a little, due to the fact that I'm crazy busy and have not had much Internet time.

kingkilburn
12-16-2009, 12:50 PM
:rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk:LETS GO! We need an audio section.:rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk::rawk:

blu808
12-17-2009, 02:47 AM
i vote no. who cares about car audio? If people want car audio people on here they can go VIP

blu808
12-17-2009, 02:49 AM

Dude. GSXRjordan and the blu808 team had hella fun at SEMA. Ask Jeff about our last night there. Playmates, bunnies, ect. awesome!

GSXRJJordan
12-17-2009, 09:56 AM
i vote no. who cares about car audio? If people want car audio people on here they can go VIP

Lol, Luke you never heard the system in the JefeS14? It's totally decent. ;)

Dude. GSXRjordan and the blu808 team had hella fun at SEMA. Ask Jeff about our last night there. Playmates, bunnies, ect. awesome!

We certainly did. I actually met with Sam and Dorkidori up there one night before we hit up that Playboy bar at the top of the Palms.

Ben G
12-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Im looking forward to this... a place to talk about installs woo!

cleantune
12-21-2009, 03:31 PM
I vote good idea. The stock paper front speakers... are pretty cool though lol

migit
12-28-2009, 03:06 PM
Just an interior electronics section would be neat, sub catergories of audio, etc.

s13-ghost
02-17-2010, 08:30 PM
i agree we need dis WE NEED IT!!! we need LOUDNESS

juve_240sx
02-19-2010, 07:38 AM
i agree too audio section with sub sections

BustedS13
02-20-2010, 03:09 AM
Just an interior electronics section would be neat, sub catergories of audio, etc.
just an "electronics" section period would be great. audio, piggybacks, turbo timers, so on and so forth. stuff that's more tech than the chat section, more universal than the tech section.

satal95
02-21-2010, 09:38 AM
just an "electronics" section period would be great. audio, piggybacks, turbo timers, so on and so forth. stuff that's more tech than the chat section, more universal than the tech section.

I like this idea

dex
02-21-2010, 12:03 PM
i second that ^^^^

saruz
02-22-2010, 03:48 PM
i have to agree to this we need a car audio section even if its just to sell and buy because im currently looking for a used amp since mine burned out recently, would help alot to do all my shoping on zilvia :)

Jybfan04
02-24-2010, 08:22 AM

This man knows his stuff....

:hsdance:

Nick_04K
08-17-2010, 12:03 AM
I vote yes to a car audio AND electronics section! I definitely want some better sound from my car (6.5 in front and stock 3x4 or whatever in back)..But i want input on radars,detectors, and scrambler installs for 240's as well. I just want to know who's doing what to their s chassis electronically, and how! Without having to join and visit 10 other forums to do it! Zilvia's own electronics section FTMFW!

RNGWLD
08-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Voted yes. More organization is always better.

Mr. 25/8
09-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Voted yes, though looking at the dates from the posts, I doubt it.

kingkilburn
09-23-2010, 12:23 PM
It hasn't been closed by the mods(like the idea for a new wheel fitment thread) so I would guess that they are still considering it.

hellion240sx
11-08-2010, 02:20 PM
I voted yes!