PDA

View Full Version : Potential new brake donor for us(6/4 pot)

Pirate_Freder
09-11-2009, 09:20 AM
So I parked at Albertsons this morning to go to there Starbucks and I this freakin ugly Hyundai caught my attention. I noticed it had some big Brembos and the car appeared to be completely stock. Now when I was going in I couldn't make myself get up close to check cause it's a Hyundai! But logic and my desire for big brakes took over on the way out and to my surprise I found what looked to be 6-pot fronts and 4-pot rears(I'm 99% positive).

I don't think anyone has used these before. Of course if anyone has please share details, but let's look I this guys. I've Goya go to work so I'll be back this evening.

murda-c
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
what ugly hyundai has brembos?

Sileighty_85
09-11-2009, 10:36 AM
I think hes talking about the Genesis

garagelu
09-11-2009, 10:47 AM
I think hes talking about the Genesis

Genesis have 4 pot brembos front and rear. This guy is saying 6 pot in front? I wouldn't be surprised if this guy can't tell 6 pot from 4 pot if he is surprised that a hyundai comes with brembos. Yea genesis model is fairly new but still, its been all over car news and in the mags. Rhys Millen drifts one. How can you not know?

And yes this will be a upgrade for 240 guys but at a price which I don't think is going to be worth it. Think about this....sti brembos go for about double of what evo brembos go for. Why? because brembos came on all evos where brembos only came on the sti and not the wrx turbo. On the genesis, the brembo only comes on the track model so even if the owner decides to upgrade, I can see just the front calipers in the 1000 dollar range. And on top of that the brembos on the genesis are monoblock design which adds even more value to it.

DuckyD
09-11-2009, 11:02 AM
How can you not know?

...a what? :squint:

Sileighty_85
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I really dont see why anyone would need anything bigger the 300ZX setup for the S-Chassis'

Combine the 300ZX brakes with a quality set of pads and some good tires and your set.

My 300ZX setup with OEM pads are amazing, i cant imagine what it would be with some Hawk pads or endless.

garagelu
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM
...a what? :squint:

ummmm....not sure what to reply on this one? What the hell are you trying to ask me? a what what?

garagelu
09-11-2009, 11:12 AM
I really dont see why anyone would need anything bigger the 300ZX setup for the S-Chassis'

Combine the 300ZX brakes with a quality set of pads and some good tires and your set.

My 300ZX setup with OEM pads are amazing, i cant imagine what it would be with some Hawk pads or endless.

Trust me, go get some evo or sti brembos and put them on your car. You will be amazed at not just how much more braking power there is but how linear the brake pedal feels. I've had 300zx/r33 calipers and now have sti brembos. The upgrade is definately worth it. Plus it adds bling factor to the car.

Pirate_Freder
09-11-2009, 02:02 PM
*no need to be a prick man. I don't follow any scenes so that's why I wouldn't know lol. Never heard of a person who doesn't care about scenes?

Anyhow, yes it was a Genesis, and the front caliper I looked at was almost entirely covered by a spoke but when I tried looking around it seemed to be larger than the rear.

Also garagelu is right, the Brembo calipers are a huge upgrade from Z32 etc.; I have also heard that they are more fade resistent. I was considering buying evo or sti ones but I just wanted to see if these were compatible/worth it.

EDIT: yes I can tell the difference between calipers with different numbers of pistons. Not all calipers have distinct cylinders on the outside though(ex: z06 calipers). The ones on that Genesis were all straight edges rather than round and they were elongated + the lack of visibility it' kinda hard to tell for sure.

brndck
09-12-2009, 01:55 AM
lol if you're worried about braking capability, go get some sticky tires.
fuck the bling factor.

zenki.life
09-12-2009, 02:25 AM
lol if you're worried about braking capability, go get some sticky tires.
fuck the bling factor.

word. yep yep

HYPNOTIK
09-12-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm running star specs all around and Z32 brakes aren't enough anymore...

projectRDM
09-12-2009, 09:56 AM
This thread is fucking retarded.

Of course any new car with larger brakes can be adapted over to fit an Schassis, it's not like the Genesis was introduced and suddenly we all realized this. Even before Nissan existed people have done this, why act so surprised when you see a car with larger brakes? Your 'options' are basically every single car on the road ever built, nothing new here to discuss.

Not that it matters anyway, there's already a ton of bolt on options available that don't require any machine work or brackets. Unless you're finding brand new Brembos for free, why even bother?