PDA

View Full Version : Iphone discussion

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 03:57 PM
So I figured since the iphone is getting crazier and more popular by the day maybe we should have a thread about the iphone. Alot of us out there and on zilvia have iphone's. All of us iphone owners know that there is nothing better well besides acouple things :D

So what does everyone think so far?? How many ppl out there have the 3gs?? What kinda badass apps do you all have other ppl might not know about?? What do you all think about the new iphone coming out in 2010 the iphone 4g that is really a super 3g connection anyone have any info???
For us t-mobile users with unlocked iphones how do you feel about t-mobile canceling our internet and do you think with will totally cancel our service if we use a iphone??

Heres a vid of the 4g its still in development.
rDzMRzmf3es

irax
09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
is that video official?

Daniel.
09-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Super fake video. :)

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
I dont think its the offical iphone vid. But those are two concepts that everyone on the apple/iphone forums/blogs are talking about. So Im sure its going to be very similar. I know its going to have a front cam for ichat, oled screen, ion battery, 5.2 meg cam, and some ppl are saying 128 GB of memory

S14DB
09-10-2009, 04:16 PM
is that video official?

Officially fake...

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Damn I should of said that vid is NOT a real apple vid but they are some very close concepts

Future240
09-10-2009, 04:26 PM
There are quite a few Iphone threads already, but whatever

I think the next one will have an FM transmitter like the new IPods. Apple pretty much copies all of its tech to its products.

The video chat won't be done due to network. I dont think any network can handle it, Verizon, AT&T, etc. I can believe a better camera, perhaps with a flash. I have the 3GS I wont be upgrading for another two years.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 04:41 PM
Im still on the first gen iphone lmao its still awesome and really not that off date of the 3gs. Im waiting for the 4g to come out before I get anything or if t-mobile starts turning off phones whatever comes first. Who really knows what apple is planing shit they just are coming out with pic messaging. But please ppl share the info you have im trying to see into the future of apple lol

K_style
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
is that video official?

thats what i want know too..

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
NO its not the real vid those are concepts. They also say the screen will be bigger.

K_style
09-10-2009, 04:55 PM
thats what i want know too..

guess I am so behind...

there are 4~5 people already posted while I am writing ... haha

Okinawandrifter87
09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
If you have an unlocked I phone and your a Tmobile user will they cancel your internet? Or will the internet even work at all?

BustedS13
09-10-2009, 04:59 PM
multitasking

pignose4life
09-10-2009, 05:27 PM
If you have an unlocked I phone and your a Tmobile user will they cancel your internet? Or will the internet even work at all?
No they will not cancel your net, but only edge can work for net, att signals are only allowed due to the iPhones hardware but whether its the 2g,3g or 3gs the edge net will work

im pissed that this is the iPhone discussion and its spelled wrong in the title.
Anyways i still have the first 2g and it has not let me down yet. I'm waiting for this shit to break so i can get the 3gs. Oh and on that whole tmobile thing, they never canceled my net service i had the 19.99 unlimited net I've been on it for 2 and a half years. Also I talked to a tmobile rep they asked what I was using i paused for a bit and they said oh you have the iPhone ok whats the problem.

irax
09-10-2009, 05:29 PM
only 5.2 mega pixle? why so low?

DrtyRat
09-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I love iphone discussions. Check out this link Mac Forums - View Single Post - Free iTunes Store TV/Videos/Movies 2009 (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=6846958&postcount=4)
for some free downloads, available from itunes. #9 is a free documentary on the 24hrs of Le Mans, from Audi, an it is awesome.
I have the iphone 3g 16gig, that I got, refurbished from at&t for 99 bucks, and I love it. As a phone, to be honest with you, it barely makes the grade, but as a multi purpose gadget, nothing that I've ever dealt with comes close.

BustedS13
09-10-2009, 05:40 PM
only 5.2 mega pixle? why so low?

because it's a fake stat made by a bullshitter

DrtyRat
09-10-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm just curious, as to who has that much free time, on their hands, that they can put together a fake video, on dreampt up features of the new iphone. Seriously, I'm stunned that someone would have/waste that much time. Maybe I'm just out of the loop.

!Zar!
09-10-2009, 05:51 PM
I just want the new iphone to do the shit that phones from 10 years ago could do.

Like send sms or not lag/freeze.

In other words, not suck.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 05:57 PM

T-mobile just started canceling the internet on the iphone because they can recognize the service signal you can still use wifi. Its happen to both me and my roommate. And im posting up info that I find on other forums now if you have better info then me place feel free to post it.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 05:59 PM
Like I said, if you have any info please share it.

!Zar!
09-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Wouldn't that be a breach of contract?

Future240
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
multitasking

Pretty much the one thing I really want on the current Iphone. Fuck battery life

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I would not think so cause you are braking the tmobile contract to use another phone plus there start to crack down cause the new tmobile g phone is out and tmobile does not want ppl using the competitors phone. Ill try and find the link.

S14DB
09-10-2009, 06:18 PM
T-mobile just started canceling the internet on the iphone because they can recognize the service signal you can still use wifi. Its happen to both me and my roommate. And im posting up info that I find on other forums now if you have better info then me place feel free to post it.

Tell them you have a blackberry and don't know the IEMI number. They will put you on the air card plan if you tell them you have an iphone cause it can tether now.

I'm still waiting on the Apple Tablet...

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I know its alittle late but has anyone else heard about the chinese man "committing suicide" after he "lost" a prototype 4g??

And the apple tablet would be so so awesome do you have any info on that??

ronmcdon
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm kinda in the middle of the fence for the iphone.

I like the apps.
I like the gps.
the camera's not bad.
works pretty good as a net browser.
integration with car-audio is unbeatable (like the iPod).
3G net browsing speed is kinda nice.

as an mp3 player, it's kinda mediocre.
sound quality aint that great.
there isn't a decent built-in equalizer.

phone reception is horrid (maybe AT&T's fault, and the place I live/work/play).
touch-screen keyboard is just frustrating.
i-tunes isn't my favorite software.

Also kinda expensive.
Even with the cheapest plan, I have to pay over $90 regularly.

I'm content with the iphone, but not exactly happy.

irax
09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Apple, continuing to make products the pc world loved 5 years ago but polishing it up with the fancy bitten apple logo makes it worth 30x more!

HyperTek
09-10-2009, 06:38 PM
people love spending a few hundred upgrading their iphone /cell phone every 6 months?

irax
09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
'cuz clearly, we are in such a horrible rescission that we have to only get used iphones for christmas!

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm kinda in the middle of the fence for the iphone.

I like the apps.
I like the gps.
the camera's not bad.
works pretty good as a net browser.
integration with car-audio is unbeatable (like the iPod).
3G net browsing speed is kinda nice.

as an mp3 player, it's kinda mediocre.
sound quality aint that great.
there isn't a decent built-in equalizer.

phone reception is horrid (maybe AT&T's fault, and the place I live/work/play).
touch-screen keyboard is just frustrating.
i-tunes isn't my favorite software.

Also kinda expensive.
Even with the cheapest plan, I have to pay over $90 regularly.

I'm content with the iphone, but not exactly happy.

I have tmobile with my phone and I get great reception I love the keyboard " it takes time getting use to" and no not alot of ppl like itunes. But with every new iphone about every year they get better the 3gs speakers are alot better then the 2g. We are in a rescission but ppl still seem to buy the products.

ronmcdon
09-10-2009, 06:50 PM
who cares?
it's a democracy.

who are we to tell anyone else how to spend their $$$ ?
be thankful that ppl at least have $ to spend.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
'cuz clearly, we are in such a horrible rescission that we have to only get used iphones for christmas!

shit I bought my iphone used lol its been working perfect for almost 2 years now

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
who cares?
it's a democracy.

who are we to tell anyone else how to spend their $$$ ?
be thankful that ppl at least have $ to spend.

I agree with you idc how anyones spends there money and I hope ppl think the same way

ronmcdon
09-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I have tmobile with my phone and I get great reception I love the keyboard " it takes time getting use to" and no not alot of ppl like itunes. But with every new iphone about every year they get better the 3gs speakers are alot better then the 2g. We are in a rescission but ppl still seem to buy the products.

I think the grass is always greener on the other side.
tbh - I'm always contemplating moving to T-mobile & G1.
The QWERTY is the biggest selling point, as I am so frustrated with the iPhone touchcreen.

then again, it's not worth the AT&T cancellation fees.
guess I'll just keep the 3G for another year or two until my contract expires.

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
The QWERTY is the biggest selling point, as I am so frustrated with the iPhone touchcreen.

I love my tmobile service and I heard the g1 is the most personalizable phone out, other then a jailbroke iphone. Im pretty excited to see this apple tablet to come out. But Im also excited to see the next iphone as well and if you hate the iphone touch screen you would kill the blackberry storm I hate that phone

Future240
09-10-2009, 08:27 PM
I love my tmobile service and I heard the g1 is the most personalizable phone out, other then a jailbroke iphone. Im pretty excited to see this apple tablet to come out. But Im also excited to see the next iphone as well and if you hate the iphone touch screen you would kill the blackberry storm I hate that phone

I've heard nothing but bad things about the storm. I like my Iphone, I waited patiently till the 3rd gen and I am happy with it. But the touch screen can be a bit annoying at times.

irax
09-10-2009, 09:11 PM

didn't they make it illegal to charge cancellation fees? wasn't there a huge hub bub in the news like 3-4 years ago about AT$T and some one suing them over that and they had to pay back cancellation fees for a 3 year history? or did i dream that up ?

drift freaq
09-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I would not think so cause you are braking the tmobile contract to use another phone plus there start to crack down cause the new tmobile g phone is out and tmobile does not want ppl using the competitors phone. Ill try and find the link.

I call complete and total bullshit on this.

There is no contract that says since you are on T-Mobile you must use a phone purchased from T-Mobile.

If you have an unlocked phone T-Mobile is not going to turn off your access to their service with that phone, whether it be a Iphone or a European HTC like the Hero with sense UI.

They really don't care what kind of phone you have as long as you are paying for their services. I have many friends who have Iphones on T-Mobile and their service is not getting turned off.

If you buy a phone and turn it on and its unlocked and you stick a T-Mobile sim in it. You are using their service. If you are under contract then you are still using their service. I have several phones and have used unlocked Europe only phones on my T-Mobile service.

They only thing they ever tell you is they do not support that phone and if you have problems with the service it might be the phone.
Of course that is the typical party line the customer service agents are given.

They do that to ordinary customers in order to try and get them to pick up a subsidized phone from T-Mobile.

ATT does the Same shit as does Verizon or Sprint. Its all just rhetoric to scare.

I think you guys are having other problems with your Iphones

Oh and for the guy who was talking about why the Iphone does not work on T-Mobile's 3G service, your an idiot.

Apple made the phone according to ATT's 3G frequencies which happen to be a different range than T-Mobiles.

If you take a G1 from T-Mobile and run it on ATT you will run into the exact same issue on ATT. Different frequencies!

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM
^^ like I said before I give you the link. Its not on my comp its on my friends at his house. In the mean time yes the storm is the worst phone made.

Stupid girls lol
wo4SpHfEXqU

drift freaq
09-10-2009, 10:11 PM
^^ like I said before I give you the link. Its not on my comp its on my friends at his house.

Do not worry about sending me the link. LOL you are using a sidekick data plan right? LOL I bet you are! Dude thats an out of date plan. Fucking man up and get the Unlimited data plan for $24.95 and you will not be blocked. They are only blocking cheap ass fools that are using pre paid and or sidekick data plans. They are phasing those old sidekick data plans out.

In fact they are doing that to people who take G1's and do the Wifi activation of their gmail because they have sidekick data plans. The sidekick data plans were not intended for smart phones period!

No fucking wonder none of my friends are having problems they all purchased Unlimited data plans. On and this is all already documented on T-Mobile forums.

You and your friend fail because your trying to cheat with a Data plan that was never intended for the kind of web browsing a Smart phone can do. Sidekicks were garbage when it came to data.

LOL

S14_Kouki
09-10-2009, 10:37 PM
^^ ahahahahahah your soooo funny cause NO we do not have the sidekick data plan. Im not sending you personally the link im putting it up so everyone can see. So before you tell ppl they fail get your facts.