PDA

View Full Version : Selling A Car With State Ref?

KDL323
09-08-2009, 07:07 PM
So since my cousin doesnt have a computer at the moment, he asked me to post for him. He has a 1992 Vw Corrado with basic IHE and a supercharger. I really dont know all the mods he has. Recently around 2 weeks ago, he got State Reffed for his Intake and a fix it ticket for his exhaust and headlights. But also recently, He let a friend "test drive" so he could feel the supercharger and messed up the car. Mounts, radiator fan broke, relays broke, blew a couple of hoses but is still running. He was planning on SELLING the car AS-IS. But is worried because of the state ref. So how does he go on about doing this? Thanks for all the help in advance.

NINJASPY
09-08-2009, 07:17 PM
fix stuff, take to ref, they look at it, may test sound/smog, then they give you a sticker or paper if you pass. otherwise you gotta fix it or its not street legal. is it a g60? those come stock with supercharger.

that seems like quite a lot of work, would be worth maybe 1000-1500 at most.

don't waste money on a vw, there is a reason why you don't see many around.

JeremyR
09-08-2009, 08:15 PM
who got the state ref ticket (your buddy) is responsible. not the new owner.

NINJASPY
09-08-2009, 08:22 PM
the car gets flagged, the owner gets the ticket.

JeremyR
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
lol the ticket stays with the person who got it, not the car. the ticket does not transfer to the new owner. dont spread misinformation

HyperTek
09-08-2009, 08:29 PM
nope. just sell it, new owners doesnt have to know, will never know. New owner is responsible for smogging it when they register it, but they should know what htey are doing since they are buying a modified car.

Your cousin will still have to pay the ticket/fines... Some people say the judge will knock it off, but those people who ive heard say this happen to be white, so if hes not white, he will have to pay lol.

Sucks to hear about his friend fucked up the car.. i never let friends drive my car without my supervision, who knows what they might do if i leave it to them.

KDL323
09-08-2009, 08:30 PM
yeah it is a g60 but it has a upgraded supercharger. i told him just to get stock intake to pass state ref than just sell the car AS IS.