PDA

View Full Version : what axles do i need?

turbojoe
09-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I have a 97 240 non abs. I also have a complete rear subframe from a 96 300zx n/t. Im wondering if the whole subframe will work including using the 300 control arms, brakes, diff, axles. Or, I know the diff bolts in but the axles are a bit too long. So what axles do I need? Any advice would be appreciated, I did google this shit but couldnt really find some solid answers.

WangonwWarrior
10-14-2009, 09:49 AM
save the rear 5 lug hubs from the 300zx rear. Yes the axles are too long but you can use the diff. What output shafts are on the diff? 6bolt or 5 bolt? J30 axles should work.

g6civcx
10-14-2009, 11:00 AM
There's an easy way to do this with minimal work. It will cost some money but the work will be minimal.

I'm assuming you have the whole subframe bolted up with correct suspension geometry since the scope of your question was limited to axles/driveshafts (using Nissan nomenclature).

Question though. How will the entire subframe bolt in if the axles/driveshafts don't bolt in?

Assuming everything minus axles/driveshafts bolt in, all you have to do is measure the axles and determine which spline count and what output flanges you're using. Then call the Drive Shaft Shop. They can make custom length axles/driveshafts to your specs if you tell them how long and what ends to put on them.

projectRDM
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a 97 240 non abs. I also have a complete rear subframe from a 96 300zx n/t. Im wondering if the whole subframe will work including using the 300 control arms, brakes, diff, axles. Or, I know the diff bolts in but the axles are a bit too long. So what axles do I need? Any advice would be appreciated, I did google this shit but couldnt really find some solid answers.

The subframe does not fit. We've discussed this.