PDA

View Full Version : Need Input on "Possible" New Drift/Grip Track

Drift N Dragg
09-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Ok Zilvia,

I am in the works of possibly opening a track right off the I-15 freeway. But I want to see what how many would be interested in traveling to this track. It's going to be between Victorville and Barstow... So I do not have to worry about NOISE violations.. Here is some what what is going to be available to be done at this track.. Input is welcomed. But before I close any deal with the land owner I want to gauge the Interest and make sure I am not going to create something will not go forward.
The Track will fall with in SCCA Guide lines
I will have a on site 'Certified' Tire Person that will change tires
Looking to Also follow Guide lines for Forumla D (would love to host a Round there )
Lanes will be plenty wide for tandem
I will also host a few of my Own races.

There will be team discounts.. and Zivlia Discounts as well

I want to keep rates low, so that everyone can get track time, no matter your skill.. But I will have Skill level days so that you can stay with in your class untill you are ready to run with more skilled drivers.

Will be looking for a couple Instructor's for Driving Lesson's (Grip/Drift)

The Track size is still up in the air.... I am playing with the Idea that I want a full complete track. So that drifting is not section to section. It's going to be complete. But long enough to run nice Grip races and Time Attack..
Track length is gonna be around 1 1/4 of a Mile to 2 1/2 - 3 Miles..

So in Closing ... I want to see the Interest before I close any deal, if there is enough interest and the gauge is reading that I will be able to maintain the track, then look for the track in the next 3 to 6 Months (unless things go smoother)

JEDIs13
09-07-2009, 10:56 AM
i would love to see a nice full track closer to the IE. i know we have adams and inland drift but we need something more on the level of HTM, without the long ass drive. :2c:

Jimmy Up
09-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Completely agree with this gentleman ^^^

Do you maybe have a sketch of the layout you want to build?? Get people excited. I would absolutely love a track to drive on that would be more of a challenge, maybe practice for what's to come later on- And if you get to hold a round of formula D there, you will be set. Everybody wants to hit the tracks and layouts that the big guys hit.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU SIR. And if it happens, I will definitely be out there to support.

bardabe
09-07-2009, 11:31 AM
^^^ and I 2nd His Motion

Drift N Dragg
09-07-2009, 11:47 AM
I have a Sketch on Paper.. I will get one to put one on here... I was also thinking about a Team vs. Team Night... I also got a couple of extra style of races I am going to add to the line up. Some of these races will for sure turn your heads and go "HELL YEAH!!" LMAO.. But thats to come if I get enough Support..

Jimmy Up
09-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Team BuffRat is more than down to attend. And I am saying that Team Mulsanne would also be down, because they are always down to party.

DOWN!

THE PROPHET
09-07-2009, 02:09 PM
I am SO down for this! Please make this happen!

s13silvia88
09-07-2009, 02:54 PM
u got my vote!

NINJASPY
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
great idea, but it takes almost 1 million bucks to do something like this. Need city approval and permits, insurance, construction, etc And all it takes is 1 bad accident to end it all.

all said and done, zilvians are cheap, so 60-80 dollar track days would bring many people in. I would probably go 2-3 times a year, depending on the quality of the track and services/facilities

SUPERSTAR
09-07-2009, 04:19 PM
I am down to go. Do it. Don't need pavement, dirt is fine.

at23
09-07-2009, 04:30 PM
I to am all for this!

Adeadcurrent
09-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Ef yes. Make this happin captin!

I LUV MY S13
09-07-2009, 05:35 PM
get some pics of the track..ive been savin up and just got my diff and im lookin for a spot to start off

Drift N Dragg
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
great idea, but it takes almost 1 million bucks to do something like this. Need city approval and permits, insurance, construction, etc And all it takes is 1 bad accident to end it all.

all said and done, zilvians are cheap, so 60-80 dollar track days would bring many people in. I would probably go 2-3 times a year, depending on the quality of the track and services/facilities

Don't need City Approval, It's county, and I have already been there. Since it's County, I do not need very many permit's.. Insurance yes, I know people in the construction areas i need, so that will help with price ( I love family).. And concerns about the accident, There WILL be a EMT, and Fire there.. every Event... Also there are going to be waivers depending on the style of racing, and vehicle inspections...

I am covering my basis's so that if i do go threw with it, then Everything should run fine.. I know there are always issues that happen, but i want to make sure that if it does, the person is well taken care of by having these types of rules and guidelines.. most Accidents happens when people fail to follow the safety rules

ViciousCesar!
09-07-2009, 05:44 PM
get in contact with the guys from Speed Ventures. that'll help fill a few weekends!

GSXRJJordan
09-07-2009, 05:47 PM
Sounds fantastic, lets see it happen.

Zachsta
09-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Agreed, lets hope it happens!

Drift N Dragg
09-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Ok here is a Rough Sketch of the Type of track I will be doing. Planning on taking it to someone to have it done professionally and to make up the plans...

We are also gonna add branch off's and short cuts to change the style of the track for different levels of drivers..

Let me know what you think...

http://i25.tinypic.com/fnxmax.jpg

SUPERSTAR
09-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Do it.

When do I come?

Ben G
09-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I am down to go. Do it. Don't need pavement, dirt is fine.

haha fuck yes

Jimmy Up
09-07-2009, 09:23 PM
That looks sick. Any plans for elevation changes/banks?

YoungGun
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Team BuffRat is more than down to attend. And I am saying that Team Mulsanne would also be down, because they are always down to party.

DOWN!
Team Buffrat/Mulsanne connection.

Looks like fun, I am so down!

Plus my car will be running by the time you open the track lol.

Drift N Dragg
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
That looks sick. Any plans for elevation changes/banks?

There will be elevation at points..
I am working on Changes and banks.. Flat tracks are fun, but twisty phill down hill and on the side of a hill are BAD ASS.. lmao!!!

Do it.

When do I come?

Any time brotha.. After we open of coarse.. I feel this may be a good thing after all..

SUPERSTAR
09-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Very good thing. Do it, do it now.

We all deserve this.

bardabe
09-07-2009, 11:32 PM
yeah seriously get this done, i'd love to shake down the shop car at that track

re drifter
09-08-2009, 10:09 AM
I already drive from LA to riverside to drift so going to your track would be easy for me, the only question I have is that is any part of the track on a hill at all? Is it all flat or is it like ASB at Willow. Either way I'm down.

handinpants
09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
don't forget to post this on the evo forums

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 10:20 AM
I already drive from LA to riverside to drift so going to your track would be easy for me, the only question I have is that is any part of the track on a hill at all? Is it all flat or is it like ASB at Willow. Either way I'm down.

The ground is level... But I am adding banks and a hill.. I want to make sure its going to be a fun design that will test your skill's as a driver...

Also.. Looking into a 5 - 6 Acre Drift Land style area for playing and training.. But that portion depends on cost of asphalt...

Jimmy Up
09-08-2009, 10:41 AM
Dibs on a spot for test day :D

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 10:47 AM
We are going to have a Open track day for selected driver's to play and test track.. Currently working on Construction companies offer's..

Jimmy Up
09-08-2009, 10:50 AM
Bust, but really- working on offers already? This being a possibility is pretty sick. Keep us posted.

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 10:54 AM
Oh I will keep everyone updated.. I am working on Offer's to make sure there will be enough money to go around. Looking for Quailty with a Fair price..

Just I didn't realized how many types of Asphalts you can get... WOW

THE PROPHET
09-08-2009, 11:44 AM
^^^SOMETHING GOOD ON TIRES!!! I really hope this happens, trust when I say you'll get the support you want and have many people out to drive on your track. This is what makes the sport great, also helps us grow and become closer as a community. Giving us an opportunity to have another legit safe venue to go out and do what we love to do!

94cc0rd
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
doesn't the asphalt need to be repaved every 10 years or something?

you must be super rich to be considering this.. BUT if you build it, people will come!

I will go for sure!!!

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 11:57 AM
doesn't the asphalt need to be repaved every 10 years or something?

you must be super rich to be considering this.. BUT if you build it, people will come!

I will go for sure!!!

Haha.. Not Super Rich.. That's why we have Banks.. LMAO... From the Information I gathered, Depending on the Asphalt - Grade/Oil's/Rock used (I just found all this out... ) Depends on the Life of the Asphalt.. Also Usage is a be factor in that as well as Weather... But there is something like a warrenty that comes with the Completed project.

Still Looking into more information on the type of Asphalt I will be using.. But I would like some help with someone that can do 3D Rendering or Someone Really good at Drawing... I do not want to take this to a engineer as of yet .. they cost a pretty penny.. But I would like to get a Profesional Style look to this to give the Construction companies something more Defined to give a more efficient/realistic esitmate..

myreds14
09-08-2009, 11:58 AM
If it will be Grip friendly, then it will give me more incentive to build a track car.

DO IT. :bigok:

BTW, you have money to throw into a track? Sounds expensive!

SUPERSTAR
09-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Mark, I love you.

Get it done and we will show up.

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
If it will be Grip friendly, then it will give me more incentive to build a track car.

DO IT. :bigok:

BTW, you have money to throw into a track? Sounds expensive!

Build a Track car and brig it..LMAO...

Mark, I love you.

Get it done and we will show up.

SPELL my name right and I will love you Back!! LMAO....
'MARC'..

turns101
09-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Sounds great.
Just make sure you have a super hi 3rd gear or better yet 4th gear turn ;)

mehsilvia
09-08-2009, 03:41 PM
Sounds great.

Would require alot of real estate to pull that off.

Design looks good. Seems to be really technical = lots of fun for drift & grip.

Do suggest the Pit Area be on the "outside" of the track tho. Dont want your crews and spectators crossing any section of the track, at any time, to get over there.

VROOOM
09-08-2009, 04:24 PM
I work for a ready mix concrete company. if you need concrete i may be able to help you. there are a few guys in the company that race motorcycles, thats always a plus.

Drift N Dragg
09-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Sounds great.

I was thinking that would be fun to have a High 3rd going into the top portion of the 'Snake' corner.. But I have to see Acres-wise what I am looking at. I am looking to secure 60 Acres to start with... I have to make everything Fit that I want to add to that..

As popularity for the track increases (as I hope it will) then the more land I will dedicate to additions to the track and eventally at a run off of the main track to a Rally track..

Do suggest the Pit Area be on the "outside" of the track tho. Dont want your crews and spectators crossing any section of the track, at any time, to get over there.

I was thinking about that as well when I was putting the Idea together about having the pit on the outside.. But I plan on Bleacher setup on the the main lengths and on the turns... so I put it inside... Unless I run the Pit Behind the Bleachers... Then that shouldn't be a real problem...

Jasen
09-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Not trying to be a douche at all... kick ass plans my friend!!!

But that track doesn't look to great in the aspect of grip driving. I'm sure its a great drift track with all the tight turns but it looks to be a very low-speed track with pretty much the same turns throughout...

If you are serious about grip events, might want to adjust the layout a bit...

EDIT:

Expanding a hair:

The left right left right thing isn't the greatest for grip tracks, especially smaller ones, because it lends very few passing opportunities. Also, more variation in the size of turns is usually better, there is also one section near the top of your image where the tracks come VERY close to each other. Also this section would have cars going head on towards each other if someone offs at that turn... even with hard barrier that looks very dangerous.

Also, runoffs... don't see many places for them...

If you would like further expansion just let me know... not trying to hate or be a troll, I just think you should revise it a bit IF you are aiming to please grip drivers as well.

NINJASPY
09-08-2009, 06:38 PM
there are still noise permits, building permits, etc, I remember some track closing down before because of neighbors (over 5miles away) complaining about noise, and the track had a 103db rule for a bit before they closed down.

sorry to be a pessimist
even with waivers, you are still liable. like people selling cars as-is, you can't do that. ASK a lawyer.

situation - car goes off track, hits a berm/bump, flips, guy gets hurt/dies etc. you can be taken to court and lose, even with a waiver.

If the track can be run in reverse, you need some runoff at the end of the straight. A 90degree turn at the end of the straight is a bad idea.
Maybe copy a japanese track? or another track? tsukuba?

And if you have some extra cash, make a 1/4mile drag track!! that will help get many people on the track.

are you gonna do lights up too? those things get expensive.

turns101
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM

If there will be Pro/Pro Am drivers going, they need atleast high 3rd gear turns for practice. A 2ng gear course can be fun and popular, but I believe he wanted to host an FD event. 2nd isnt going to cut it for that. Thats all.

I think this is a great idea and def has great potential. Its obviously a huge task.

SUPERSTAR
09-08-2009, 11:40 PM
MARC.

Now love me.

Inland Drift
09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
I think this is a great idea and def has great potential. Its obviously a huge task.

It is a super huge task... we were there too in the past 2 years look and prepare a venue... we were amaze with the $$amount$$ that we have to invest... think about you R.O.I... especially in this economy...
Anyway... you got our support... good luck Marc.

Drift N Dragg
09-09-2009, 09:32 AM
First, Before I answer, Thanks for the constructive information..

Not trying to be a douche at all... kick ass plans my friend!!!

But that track doesn't look to great in the aspect of grip driving. I'm sure its a great drift track with all the tight turns but it looks to be a very low-speed track with pretty much the same turns throughout...

If you are serious about grip events, might want to adjust the layout a bit...

EDIT:

Expanding a hair:

The left right left right thing isn't the greatest for grip tracks, especially smaller ones, because it lends very few passing opportunities. Also, more variation in the size of turns is usually better, there is also one section near the top of your image where the tracks come VERY close to each other. Also this section would have cars going head on towards each other if someone offs at that turn... even with hard barrier that looks very dangerous.

Also, runoffs... don't see many places for them...

If you would like further expansion just let me know... not trying to hate or be a troll, I just think you should revise it a bit IF you are aiming to please grip drivers as well.

The track design is a 'Rough' Draft... VERY rough... Please PM me with more Ideas you may have.. with some sort of Drawing.. and hey if we add it, then we might name the Corner after you.. :coold:

there are still noise permits, building permits, etc, I remember some track closing down before because of neighbors (over 5miles away) complaining about noise, and the track had a 103db rule for a bit before they closed down.

sorry to be a pessimist
even with waivers, you are still liable. like people selling cars as-is, you can't do that. ASK a lawyer.

situation - car goes off track, hits a berm/bump, flips, guy gets hurt/dies etc. you can be taken to court and lose, even with a waiver.

If the track can be run in reverse, you need some runoff at the end of the straight. A 90degree turn at the end of the straight is a bad idea.
Maybe copy a japanese track? or another track? tsukuba?

And if you have some extra cash, make a 1/4mile drag track!! that will help get many people on the track.

are you gonna do lights up too? those things get expensive.

The Noise Violations...The Closest house is around 10 Miles aways... and there is a Nice Mountain in the way...

I completly Understand what you are saying.. and Thanks... But I currently work for the Government and deal with Saftey .. So I know alittle bit about Vehicle and personal saftey.. I know a wavier won't solve anything.. But I would hope it never has to come to that extreme.. But I want all driver's to have fun and compete.. but Safely.....

Again the Track is Rough Draft... I do not want to copy a track... I want a OG track.. Now if I have to make modifications then so be it... Don't need the Japanese coming here pissed off I have a track just like theres.. cuz t hen I will really get :boink:.....

I already have a setup for the Lights and power Source's...

Not to sure about the 1/4 Drag... But ifthat set's a interest, I can look for it in the future...

MARC.

Now love me.

:boink: :wackit: :bow: you've been loved!!

It is a super huge task... we were there too in the past 2 years look and prepare a venue... we were amaze with the $$amount$$ that we have to invest... think about you R.O.I... especially in this economy...
Anyway... you got our support... good luck Marc.

THANK YOU!! I am very happy to have your Support as well...

Drift N Dragg
10-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, I haven't forgot about this.. Been working rather hard on it actually

UPDATE: Land Owners are Retarded! They can't make up there mind on what there land is worth, Even when there OWN Real estate person is standing there telling them that what I am offering is actually a good deal... They want close to 7,000 More a acre then what I am offering... But I have finally got down to 2 owners that are looking to the future of what will come into play after a track opens..

So that is where I stand.. I already have a Constuction Company that is ready to begin as soon as I get them some Blueprints..

With the Help of some Awesome Zilvians ( GREAT IDEAS and you know who you are) I have added some extras to the track that will help out the drivers more.. I have also redesigned the track alittle bit to be more Grip friendly as well.. As the other Design was for sure more leaning to Drift..

AGAIN, anyone that is awesome with using Corel/Adobe/ or any other CAD or 3D rendering program please get ahold of me, I am will to pay you for the work in helping me get a Computerized Copy done..

10-13-2009, 01:02 PM
fuck yesss! i will go :D
hopefully this track really opens!

wizDUMB
10-13-2009, 10:30 PM
you got my support all the way

keiglo
10-14-2009, 11:57 AM
great deal sir! ill be there opening day :D

Drift N Dragg
10-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Ok, I ran into a problem.. Just got off the Phone with the Real Estate agent and now he said that the Major land owner will no settle for under 10k and Acre.. What Bullshit.. So he offered me a another choice of location.. It's not Ideal for me because I wanted to be Right off the I-15.. But I guess its on the 247...

So it would go like this.. Drive up the I-15 to Barstow Road, Get off Barstow Road, Make a Right, Barstow road is 247.. go out about a 3 Miles. Bang there's the Track..

So here is my Question... How does that sound to you, the Actual people that have to drive there???? I am still working on getting land off the I-15.. But these people are worse then Nazi's... Let me know what you think...

did I mention they are building a Casino about a Mile away from that too?

mehsilvia
10-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Is Barstow still in California?

Cant tell. It wont fit on a Google MAP with Simi Valley (come to think of it, not much does)

:keke:

Dont Care. Im spending the night at your place anyways. Lover.

Serious note:

All roads still lead to the I-15 (58, 138, 210, 10, 215, etc.). Its just a little further north than what you originaly planned. Right?

Drift N Dragg
10-26-2009, 04:37 PM
Is Barstow still in California?

Cant tell. It wont fit on a Google MAP with Simi Valley (come to think of it, not much does)

:keke:

Dont Care. Im spending the night at your place anyways. Lover.

Serious note:

All roads still lead to the I-15 (58, 138, 210, 10, 215, etc.). Its just a little further north than what you originaly planned. Right?

Barstow Still is around (though if it Disappeared I would not mind.. LMAO)

Here we go with the Simi Valley Area of Loving.. DAMNIT you have to Travel for Love... :naughty:

Yes Chris, You are More then welcomed to Crash before and after an Event... Mucho Love Awaits you.. and double stuff if you bring Ernie.. haha :kiss::ghey::boink:

Seriously:

yes, Its farther up, Not by much though.. you are looking at maybe 20 mins more drive to the Exit and 5 - 10 mins to the track.. Unless I look at this other piece of land off the 58, right off the 15.. thats only 20 mins extra.. But these Number games they are playing really suck.. they are making it more difficult then it has to be..

Gordo714
10-29-2009, 06:21 PM
this is awesome someone on zilvia is building a track..for sure you will get everyones support.... no matter how long the drive is. its a new track that everyone would like to try out
good luck bro

havocmotorsports
11-02-2009, 08:32 AM
^^^^^^^^ I agree with the others..... good luck getting this approved, and if you do, it would take about a year if not more to open..... don't get me wrong, if it does go through, u totally have my support too. And I would be willing to be a driving instructor for both grip and drift.

Also $.02 on the design, you should make a section that is for drift that is tight and technical.... but make a bypass road so that the grip guys don't go through that section. Also at Roebling Road raceway, in Savannah... Everything is inside the track and it worked ok.... there was a ten min break between sessions to cross over the track to leave.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/racerj911/RoeblingPhoto.png

Drift N Dragg
11-02-2009, 09:15 AM
On the Approval I am not too concerned. I have been talking to County and City Clerks and Where this is going to be located is next to a OFF-Road Vehicle Track area, So from what they said, The Zoning is right and there is nothing near but the 15 Freeway, So approval should not be a concern. But As always stuff does seem to change when things get down and gritty.

Thanks on the Picture you sent me.. I have changed the Design is some areas.. I am still looking for someone to help me out with computer render..

Thanks for the Support, and it would be cool igf you came and instructed.. I am in the process of writing up some rules as well. By reading the Motorsports thread I see that there are some people that tend to ruin things... so I want to make sure I have placed rules and make sure they are enforced..

I want people to have fun and not worried about someone screwing over there event and it get closed (since I will be running the track it won't be closed.. haha)