PDA

View Full Version : 23 MacBook Pros, 14 iPhones, and 9 iPods Stolen In 31 Seconds

tricky_ab
09-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Quick: How can you get 23 MacBook Pros, 14 iPhones, and 9 iPods in 31 seconds, for free? Tip: According to this security video, you need four friends, a brick, and a visit to the Apple Store in Marlton, NJ.

That's exactly what five guys did yesterday at 2am, at the Sagemore New Jersey Apple Store. All occurred in half a minute. When the security guard came, everyone and everything was gone.

This Is How You Steal 23 MacBook Pros, 14 iPhones, and 9 iPods In 31 Seconds - Apple Store robbery - Gizmodo (http://gizmodo.com/5351450/this-is-how-you-steal-23-macbook-pros-14-iphones-and-9-ipods-in-31-seconds)

Everything is serialized. They should get caught if they try to sell them to any pawn shop or on eBay or anything. I give them credit though, as that's quite well co-ordinated.

Daniel.
09-03-2009, 11:49 AM
Ship it overseas and sell them. Done.

s13poop
09-03-2009, 11:53 AM
damn looks like apples philosophy of leightweight and easily portable worked against them this time lol they were stacking those notebooks like pancakes :keke:

bardabe
09-03-2009, 12:16 PM
damn looks like apples philosphy of leightweight and easily portable worked against them this time lol they were stacking those notebooks like pancakes :keke:

LOL I could not help but laugh that shit was pretty funny looks like they planned it out in like 20mins and worked wonderfully

brndck
09-03-2009, 12:37 PM
i hope they all get caught and go to prison.
just because they're clever/well organized thieves doesn't mean they didn't break the law.

awesomenick
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Man. Thieves are such assholes.

If I were running a store, and that happened to me, I can't even imagine how much it would suck.

Ben G
09-03-2009, 12:55 PM
The store has insurance fuck it if they are clever enough to somehow get away and sell them then good for them they didn't even get close to hurting anyone and all they took were a bunch of stupid computers

Matej
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Thought Macs were secure y'all.

awesomenick
09-03-2009, 12:56 PM
What the fuck?

You think stealing is okay if you can get away with it?

ZenkiKid
09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Man that security guard is so getting fired. It looks like he got out of the bathroom judging by how he was clutching his pants.

I hope those dudes dont try to use those Iphones because they for sure will get blacklisted, maybe same for the macbooks as well

Ben G
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
What the fuck?

i personally wouldn't steal if thats what your asking

greddy2die
09-03-2009, 12:59 PM
The store has insurance fuck it if they are clever enough to somehow get away and sell them then good for them they didn't even get close to hurting anyone and all they took were a bunch of stupid computers

So, stealing is ok, as long as it doesnt put lives in danger and they are clever enough to get away?

Shit, I guess im a sucker then for going to work every day when all I had to do was steal from people as long as my get away plan is good :ugh:

s13poop
09-03-2009, 01:08 PM
Man that security guard is so getting fired. It looks like he got out of the bathroom judging by how he was clutching his pants.

I hope those dudes dont try to use those Iphones because they for sure will get blacklisted, maybe same for the macbooks as well

lol he was probably rubbing one off :jerkit:

dude thats the typical outta shape security guard with his pants around the ankle trying to catch the thieves :rofl:

VROOOM
09-03-2009, 01:11 PM

LOL, id like to see you say that if it was your stupid POS car getting stolen.

BustedS13
09-03-2009, 01:12 PM

http://zilvia.net/f/stolen-goods/

harmless?

K_style
09-03-2009, 01:13 PM
stealing is not OK...

Tearlessj
09-03-2009, 01:25 PM

He's probably getting 30% of the deal.

aziankingz
09-03-2009, 01:32 PM
yeah seriously.. what take him so long to get there? unless the bathroom is on another level..

Matej
09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
He was probably scared. I would be too.

JayDee M Rolly
09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
its okay nothing of value was loss

SimpleS14
09-03-2009, 01:49 PM
dang this is all over the net and how the reporter dramatized the whole event is hilarious.

“Watch again, as the thieves show skilled practice at the art of bringing down that plate glass door …” yes, tossing a brick to a glass window takes skills lol

I'm just wondering why the laptops weren't locked up. The iPhones are pretty much useless IMO. Those guys should get what's coming to them.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
09-03-2009, 01:55 PM
i love living in this area.

Propaganda
09-03-2009, 02:06 PM
I've never been in the store, but aren't they strapped down by thick security wire like they are in other electronic stores (i.e. Bestbuy circuit city wal mart)?

tricky_ab
09-03-2009, 02:08 PM
i hope they all get caught and go to prison.
just because they're clever/well organized thieves doesn't mean they didn't break the law.

I was just saying that it was thought out. Usually smash and grab videos that you see on the news are spur of the moment and generally stupid.

What the fuck?

If this is directed towards me, no I don't think stealing ANYTHING is okay. I made reference to the fact that they cant sell any of it without it being traced back to a crime...

flip3d
09-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Jailbreak the iphones/itouches

part out the macbooks.

done and done.

Kouki_Love
09-03-2009, 02:32 PM
I hope they get cought... What stops these fucks from going into anyones house or breaking into someones cars...

they are just lazy asswholes that dont wanna bust there ass...

fuk thieves and fuk everyone who thinks they were " cool " for doing that...

SlideWell
09-03-2009, 02:38 PM
when my $3300 macbook pro was stolen from my work, i never saw it or the guy anywhere again. im sure most of them know if they pawn it or slang it at a used computer shop the serial number will come up. i FUCKING hate these scum of the earth mother fuckers. i worked my ass off to pay cash for mine only to have it ripped off by some asshole who thought he deserved it. the hardest lesson i learned in life. oh yeah. next time i have money for another macbook. im puttin lo-jack on that beast. well worth the $100/year

!Zar!
09-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Yeah, stuff like this happened earlier this year at a few bay area apple stores.

As well as breaking and stealing of apple products from a few AT&T locations.

VROOOM
09-03-2009, 03:14 PM
LOL, i used to work for Sport Chalet and they had a video of 3 guys backing a U haul through the front door and filling the thing up with product. stole over 1 million dollars of inventory.

DUFFM4N
09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
i love the guy giving commentary on the security video..."with skilled practice at the art of bringing down that plate glass door"

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg247/perrystalsis/icon_facepalm.gif

...its a fucking glass door...they threw a brick

GSXRJJordan
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
i love the guy giving commentary on the security video..."with skilled practice at the art of bringing down that plate glass door"

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg247/perrystalsis/icon_facepalm.gif

...its a fucking glass door...they threw a brick

Seriously, I don't get the way newsies 'play up' the skills/reasoning behind crime - it just glorifies that shit. They threw a brick through a window and grabbed everything that wasn't secured, how fucking skillful is that?

TheWolf
09-03-2009, 04:56 PM
lets sort this out... 23 mac book pro's... 14 iphones.. and 9 ipods

divided by 5 guys....

well the iphones are mobileme'd so if they power up apple gets a GPS location so practically worthless unless you got someone to hack them and wipe em clean. and even then they can't be used with visual voicemail/full data on at&t. $150 ea.

The ipods are street stolen maybe $100/ea avg. Some are touches.. some are ipod classics some are shuffles.

23 mac book pro's that can't be retailed for anything near value. You'd be lucky to avg $800 each for them if you sold them individually even less if you showed up with all of them looking for a buyer.

People wearing hood rat clothes are not international distributors and selling the stuff overseas. This shit is going to be sold face to face downtown out of the back of a car.

At the end of the day if they get optimistic value for everything they will get $4200 per person which shows to many guys on the job. Could have been just two dudes and two duffle bags. maybe 45 seconds and it'd be like 12-15k per person. Less mouths to talk.

I predict they will end up getting caught and one will roll over on the other 4. They'll all get strikes for armed robery.

!Zar!
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think they will be found. Shit happens all the time.

09-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Holy fucking shit, the cameras showed two of them wearing black sweatshirts and one wearing a red vest. That is fucking mind blowing, well at least the commenter makes it sound like it is. Actually the fucking idiot (I hate the news) makes a stupid comment even stupider, by stating two guys are wearing one black sweatshirt.

The camera and minimum wadge security guard ain't doing shit, pack of wild dogs is all you need. I don't care if it's an overpriced mac store, your house, car, whatever, a pack of wild dogs(or wolves) will always work.

Bubbles
09-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Funny guy.

Craigslist: Wanted, 23 AC Power Adapters for late model Macbook Pros. Will Pick up. Prefer location with plate glass windows. Please be on the crapper when we call, feel free to come running in pulling your pants up after we leave. Thank you.

thisisastickup
09-03-2009, 08:59 PM
that reporter sounded like he was announcing a fucking sports game.

I didn't think it was a big deal, woohoo they stacked a bunch of macbooks up real quick. I could likely do the same thing drunk.

BrokenWhite240
09-03-2009, 09:29 PM
Hahah I live in Marlton.. this shit is 5 min from my house I heard about it on the morning news. And I believe they caught 2 guys. My mom told me 2 guys came in the ER at the hospital she works at with cuts all over there arms and stuff and special investigators were with them.

wh0aitznic0
09-03-2009, 10:00 PM
A theft story from NJ, what a surprise.