PDA

View Full Version : Just a question to for anyone who owns a Greddy oil pan for sr

stealthsr20
09-02-2009, 12:38 AM
So i poked a hole in my pan today moving my motor in my garage and was wondering what the advantages of having a Greddy pan were to the stock. Thanks again for your help Zilvia.

FRSport.com
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
The advantages of having a greddy oil pan is that it is able to hold approx 1 more quart of oil. Also it has baffle plates which reduces oil movement and maintains oil in the center of the oil pan, during hard cornering.

Sincerely,
FRSport.com Team

fliprayzin240sx
09-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Its not gonna dent, then push on your oil sump and cause your engine to blow or rod knock to death...

jr_ss
09-03-2009, 03:08 PM
And it has "cooling fins" on it.... It also has a temp sensor port if you want to install an oil temp gauge.

4x4le
09-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Darn, everyone had the pros covered. I wanted to list some of them......

Anyways, some of the cons are some sway bars dont work well with them. I know my whiteline swaybar did not. I now have a tanabe that clears it well.

stickyrices13
09-04-2009, 01:27 AM
there are alot more PROs then Cons! one con i know of is that if you like your car super low you may hit the greddy oil pan on bumps and stuff. that happened to my friend.

jr_ss
09-04-2009, 03:41 PM
there are alot more PROs then Cons! one con i know of is that if you like your car super low you may hit the greddy oil pan on bumps and stuff. that happened to my friend.

Tell your friend to raise his car, it's not a low rider...

fliprayzin240sx
09-06-2009, 07:25 AM

Well here's where opinion changes. Greddy pan will take more beating from being low. Problem is when it has had enough, itll crack. What happens when it cracks? More chance that itll leak and you'd notice.

Now on a stock pan, if it hits something itll dent. You wont know its dented and pushing up on your sump till you blow your engine.

So which ones better? I'd take a cracked Greddy oil pan over a blown engine any day of the week.

4x4le
09-06-2009, 07:53 PM
Yea, and I wasnt trying to say they are loaded with cons or anything. I have one and love it!

steve shadows
09-06-2009, 08:00 PM
So i poked a hole in my pan today moving my motor in my garage and was wondering what the advantages of having a Greddy pan were to the stock. Thanks again for your help Zilvia.

I would suggest you go with a Tomei now.

The tomei is much better because you cannot strip it as easily

I stripped a couple greddy oil pans in my day.

The tomie design is also stronger and will not crack or allow holes to get punched in it

brndck
09-09-2009, 03:53 PM
/\/\/\ like steve said, since its a cast pan, the threads DO tend to pull out.
best bet is to get one of those drain plugs that has a smaller plug inside of it
or something like this
QuickOilDrainValve.com - the best way to change oil (http://www.quickoildrainvalve.com/)
so you don't have to worry about stripping it.
besides the tomei pan, moroso also makes a pan for sr20
Moroso Nissan Silvia SR20DET RWD Large Capacity Aluminum Oil Pan (http://www.240sxmotoring.com/monisisrrwdl.html)
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1164098593086_2067_14346129
if i was going to buy a pan, this is the one i would get. too bad they didn't exist when i bought my greddy pan.

4x4le
09-10-2009, 09:29 PM
^^ that is sexy!

I stripped out my greddy pan too!

I love the pan, but in hindsight I wish I would have went with another brand.

s14unimog
09-11-2009, 01:51 PM
Geez guys, no need for king kong +2 torque spec. I've done a ton of oil changes with my GReddy pan and haven't had any issues.

Not sure about the other sway bars, or chassis differences, but my Susp. Tech. sway bar doesn't kit it.

4x4le's is on an s13 mines s14