PDA

View Full Version : S14 SR20det Timing help!!!!!

p4hang
09-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I have a S14 SR that I am trying to do timing on. I Followed the FSM and FRSports cam and cas timing manuals, but it seems run at all. I would line up all the marks and then turn the crank 24 times and it would not line up at all. Look at pictures and please tell me know if they are even correct or if you see something wrong.

Here is the link:
AREDCAR problem pictures by p4hang - Photobucket (http://s494.photobucket.com/albums/rr307/p4hang/AREDCAR%20problem/)

Sileighty_85
09-01-2009, 10:03 PM
seems fine.

Did it ever run before?

check all other connections and vac/boost leaks

p4hang
09-02-2009, 04:11 AM
Car ran great. I never even took the chain off. I just took out the cas cause I had to takenout the turbo manifold to add stainless steel turbo lines. Car does start the way I timed it in the pictures but runs rough. Timing marks don't even match under the timing light.

fast-datsun
09-04-2009, 03:43 PM
after the first time chain marks will not...you check position of crank at 0 deg and the position of cam gear dots and chain links from intake to exh dots....

p4hang
09-05-2009, 07:29 AM
LlI'll take pictures and post up

design240sx
09-08-2009, 11:47 AM
sorry guy. i dont know why it runs like crap.

djcobra
09-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Are you using the timing gun correctly? Make sure you hook your timing light to the 'line loop' connection from the coils (usually in back). Look in the FSM! They have a good step by step procedure. If your using aftermarket coils like I am then you'll have to use a high tension wire between the first spark plug and coil in order to adjust the timing properly, its also shown in the FSM.

When you took your CAS off don't assume that when you put/punch it back in (dots line up etc) that it will be at factory setting and walk away (wrong). Other factors play into this ie, cams, thickness of headgasket and so on. Hope that helps.

Steve.

veloz
03-29-2010, 09:21 AM
Any luck with that Issue?

It's been a while since you last post.

What was it?

p4hang
03-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh. yes. I was right and did everything correctly. The actual problem why it ran a little shitty was faulty injector number 4. i had to take it out and service the injector.