PDA

View Full Version : James May from Top Gear builds a LEGO house

chrisa
09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
It even has a working lego toilet! haha I thought this was pretty cool.

Mega-Gallery: James May’s Lego House Nearly Complete - James May - Jalopnik (http://jalopnik.com/5350457/mega+gallery-james-mays-lego-house-nearly-complete)

karl wasabi
09-01-2009, 02:54 PM
hahaha. Soo awesome. Big fan of all those dudes. I hope they film it!

bardabe
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
lol thats funny

dahveed
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
better than that garden he made out of play-doh. he's so weird lol

DALAZ_68
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
i want this..........

randomxzero
09-01-2009, 03:07 PM
will the big bad wolf blow this house down?

oldschoolsilvia
09-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Haha thats awesome! :rofl:

SexPanda
09-01-2009, 04:58 PM
I want to see the Top Gear where they drive an H2 through it! lol

Thatd make my day.

DrftSLowHomIe!!
09-01-2009, 05:39 PM
HAHA Captain Slow he's awsome!!

Antihero983
09-01-2009, 05:41 PM
20 quid says clarkson tries to drive through it or wreck it in some way.

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 05:43 PM
james may is just sleeping in it for a couple days, some other bro is building it.

i want so badly to like top gear, but the way they lie on television bothers me.

chrisa
09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
what do you mean lie?

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 06:20 PM
they lie. to the public. about cars. so as to cast a negative image on car companies they don't like, and/or to cast a positive image on car companies who have greased some bbc palms.

here. watch this stupid fuck video. all general bullshitting aside, 2:15 REALLY pisses me off. transverse leaf springs are not the same as buggy leaf springs.

BnmOIFTJL5U

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 06:24 PM
and then there's this one, where they lie about power output. car companies use crank horsepower ratings, not wheel horsepower.

O46E0gCF5os

Top Gear is the automotive version of Glenn Beck.

chrisa
09-01-2009, 07:07 PM
i dunno, have you ever driven a vette? not a Z06. They suck. And there was an episode where they talked so much shit about a new jaguar they tested and thats from BRITAIN!!! Plus thats Richard Hammond's mustang in that video!

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 07:15 PM
no, it's not shit. i've driven a c4, c5, c5 z06, and a c6 z06. they don't have the highest build quality on earth, but they aren't exotic priced. they blew a lot of things out of proportion in that video, and they bend the truth about the suspension. and i don't care WHOSE mustang it is, they make shit up.

Shadowhunter
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Ahh perfect I have been waiting for the finished results. Awesome thanks!

dahveed
09-01-2009, 09:34 PM
gonna agree with Busted here.
yeah, the blatant lying is really getting out of hand now. all the scripted events. the races as well. it wasn't TOO BAD before(well, atleast for me :-P ) but now its just nauseating. :(

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
the episode where they go to america and it turns all The Hills Have Eyes pisses me off the most.

anyway, cool lego hut

JayDee M Rolly
09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
busted, if you want an actual car show with facts go watch 5th gear.

top gear is a mans show, people who actually dont believe everything they say. so what if they blow shit out of proportion. its fucking entertainment.

shit you think thats bad? have you watched mtv? christ.

BustedS13
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
sorry. i see a show passing off bullshit as fact, i start disliking it. don't watch mtv. similar reasons.

tricky_ab
09-01-2009, 11:43 PM
That's amazing! Really, who doesn't like Lego?!

SexPanda
09-02-2009, 12:02 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y298/Zahgon/LegoHouse.jpg

Shes cooler than my lego house... Fucker.

Quail
09-02-2009, 07:25 AM
sorry. i see a show passing off bullshit as fact, i start disliking it. don't watch mtv. similar reasons.

I totally agree with you man. Its pretty much accepted that its an "entertainment show" instead of a "car review show". Its so predictable and scripted, and the shenanigans have all been rehearsed several times before filming. The technical innaccuracies are horrible too. If they got over their egos it would be a lot better.

Saying that, I do still watch it, and although the scriptedness is annoying, sometimes they do come up with entertaining sketches.

chrisa
09-02-2009, 11:14 AM
busted, if you want an actual car show with facts go watch 5th gear.

top gear is a mans show, people who actually dont believe everything they say. so what if they blow shit out of proportion. its fucking entertainment.

shit you think thats bad? have you watched mtv? christ.
Thats exactly what i was gonna say! its just a show you guys get all butt hurt cuz american cars suck and they blow it out of proportion a bit haha

SexPanda
09-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Thats exactly what i was gonna say! its just a show you guys get all butt hurt cuz american cars suck and they blow it out of proportion a bit haha

Compaired to the likes of aston martin or ferrari yes american cars do suck. But the Corvettehas 400hp, and gets 30 mpg highway. I don't know of any "efficient" european sports cars like that. Granted corvettes don't have hand layed alcantra headliners or mohogany trim on the doors and dash... They're Europeans. They just like making fun of America. In America, we make fun of Europeans. Its the circle of life.

chrisa
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM
exactly, so why is everyone getting all bent out of shape over a television program. We make fun or their teeth and stuff, they make fun of americans obesity. Its a circle.

S14_Kouki
09-02-2009, 12:03 PM
top gears is a funny ass show and lego houses are just as funny

Quail
09-02-2009, 01:00 PM
exactly, so why is everyone getting all bent out of shape over a television program. We make fun or their teeth and stuff, they make fun of americans obesity. Its a circle.

I was getting bent out of shape about Top Gear and I'm British! :confused:

dirtdiggler666
09-02-2009, 01:18 PM
i think all around its a good show, but yes they do hate on us a little bit to much. we work to much and eat to much fast food being in a hurry. trust me i wish i could have a 2-3 hour lunch and drink tea. but also alot of the stuff they say about cars is true. like the c5 vette being a pile of shit.

BustedS13
09-02-2009, 03:04 PM
I totally agree with you man. Its pretty much accepted that its an "entertainment show" instead of a "car review show". Its so predictable and scripted, and the shenanigans have all been rehearsed several times before filming. The technical innaccuracies are horrible too. If they got over their egos it would be a lot better.

Saying that, I do still watch it, and although the scriptedness is annoying, sometimes they do come up with entertaining sketches.

it's really refreshing to find a British guy who sees it the same way.
The real problem I have is that it's not just Top Gear over there. It seems UK papers will print ANYTHING. any time somebody sends me a link followed by "OMG U HAVE TO READ THIS U WONT BELIEVE IT" or similar, I check to see if it ends in .co.uk, and if it does, i disregard it. Daily Mail and The Guardian have lost all credibility in my mind.
But, of course, we're not without fault. For god's sake, FOX NEWS is our most watched "news" channel. what a bunch of bullshit. and CNN/MSNBC like to put their own spin on things.
I don't know, lying to the public just really angers me, even if it's on a show about who can drive a car through the most camping trailers or whatever.

zenki.life
09-02-2009, 03:24 PM
weak ass mofo. cant even shift into gear

chrisa
09-02-2009, 03:45 PM
it's really refreshing to find a British guy who sees it the same way.
The real problem I have is that it's not just Top Gear over there. It seems UK papers will print ANYTHING. any time somebody sends me a link followed by "OMG U HAVE TO READ THIS U WONT BELIEVE IT" or similar, I check to see if it ends in .co.uk, and if it does, i disregard it. Daily Mail and The Guardian have lost all credibility in my mind.
But, of course, we're not without fault. For god's sake, FOX NEWS is our most watched "news" channel. what a bunch of bullshit. and CNN/MSNBC like to put their own spin on things.
I don't know, lying to the public just really angers me, even if it's on a show about who can drive a car through the most camping trailers or whatever.
you said it, everyone lies to the public. So one show that is funny and entertaining to me is not gonna ruffle my feathers. If its USA tv or UK tv it makes no difference, the media does not influence the way i live my life. If i REALLY loved Corvettes then i would buy one no matter what they say.
Lego houses rule, that is all.

illvialuver
09-03-2009, 02:31 AM
I am surprised nobody scrolled down the page and watch that 8bit video! That shit was cool as hell, way cooler than everyones leasts favorite character on some cartv show wear they refer to cars having boots and bonnets and call z cars zed cars.

All the bitching about the scripted and bs, it's tv none of its real. Especially mtv, Real world is scripted, the only season that had minimal interference was the first season, I don't watch mtv anymore, rots the brain. Shit was so much cooler in the 80s.

But legos are always cool.