PDA

View Full Version : DUI.......not

SRpetey
08-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Okey so my older brother got pull over on Saturday for a possible DUI and was taken in to the police station to get testd. His car got impounded and the results where negative. Now my question is does he get a reimbursement for the impound charges?

Bubbles
08-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Yes

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTT

SexPanda
08-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the "Get fucked by the man" club.

xpertsnowcarver
08-28-2009, 08:32 PM
^^lmao

Yea, he's still going to pay for that. Better handle it asap.

g-via
08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
wtf

why didn't they breathalyze him there on the spot? why the fuck would they impound his car and take him in just for that?

unless he was being an ass, of course.

singlecamslam
08-28-2009, 09:30 PM
Yeah they should of done a test or something before they impound it, whats the full story?

BoostSlideWayz
08-28-2009, 09:38 PM
yeah there not gonna pay for there own mistakes.. that's why they have us :D !

Manuelitoohno
08-28-2009, 09:54 PM
this only happens when they pull you over and you dont want to take the breathelyzer on the spot.

here in nevada you have two options.

take the breath test on the spot.

take blood test in the station. and you pay to get the car back.

so im guessing he denied the breath test?

SRpetey
08-28-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah they should of done a test or something before they impound it, whats the full story?

the cop didn't have the equipment with him so he had to take him to the station.

g-via
08-28-2009, 10:04 PM
that is fucking BULLSHIT then.

i would take a shit in a fedex box and courier that shit to the officer that did it.

zenki.life
08-28-2009, 10:06 PM
dont you love california?

SRpetey
08-28-2009, 10:19 PM
it was 12am and they pulled him over because the licence plate lights didn't work. they flashed the light in his face and then they came to the conclusion that he was drunk. so they made him take those stupid walking tests and stuff. he passed them all but the cop was being a dick and told him he was ganna take him in to do a blood test because he still thinks he is drunk. so the blood test were okey. everything came out good.

SexPanda
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM
I guess you could take it to court... Its not so much the cost, its the principle. Either way your probably spending money.

g-via
08-28-2009, 10:26 PM

hellz no.

Canada FTW.

Home of the street legal R33's and the horse-riding, syrup drinking mounties.

Can I get a HELL YEA?!

djcobra
08-28-2009, 10:35 PM
HELL YEAH! haha.

YoungGun
08-28-2009, 10:38 PM
That is some pretty shitty luck eh?

zylvia213
08-29-2009, 01:22 AM
If anything they had to call another patrol unit and have them bring the proper equipment or whatever. Youz got jack homie.... well your brother :doh:

TheWolf
08-29-2009, 06:03 AM
Easy now. If the officer decides you failed the roadside sobriety test even though you are "legally" not drunk. You can still be prosecuted on DUI. He's not out of the woods yet.

Yes his car is still impounded and he must pay the towing fees/impound lot fees.

DALAZ_68
08-29-2009, 09:48 AM
wtf

why didn't they breathalyze him there on the spot? why the fuck would they impound his car and take him in just for that?

unless he was being an ass, of course.

this only happens when they pull you over and you dont want to take the breathelyzer on the spot.

here in nevada you have two options.

take the breath test on the spot.

take blood test in the station. and you pay to get the car back.

so im guessing he denied the breath test?

yeah seriously, i got pulled over and was thought to be drunk (it was 3 a.m.) so they decided to breathalize me but they had no equipment, i told them i would rather wait and have another unit that has the equipment to do the test come by than get my car impounded, they had nothing against it, waited about 3 minutes, got tested, passed flyingly, and went on my way

the cop didn't have the equipment with him so he had to take him to the station.

read above...

ofcourse, fires and all...

it was 12am and they pulled him over because the licence plate lights didn't work. they flashed the light in his face and then they came to the conclusion that he was drunk. so they made him take those stupid walking tests and stuff. he passed them all but the cop was being a dick and told him he was ganna take him in to do a blood test because he still thinks he is drunk. so the blood test were okey. everything came out good.

he should have had someone go pick up the car...

hellz no.

Canada FTW.

Home of the street legal R33's and the horse-riding, syrup drinking mounties.

Can I get a HELL YEA?!

HELL YEAH! haha.

i blame canada, with there little beedy eyes

If anything they had to call another patrol unit and have them bring the proper equipment or whatever. Youz got jack homie.... well your brother :doh:

yay im not the only one

Easy now. If the officer decides you failed the roadside sobriety test even though you are "legally" not drunk. You can still be prosecuted on DUI. He's not out of the woods yet.

Yes his car is still impounded and he must pay the towing fees/impound lot fees.

pretty much

JeremyR
08-30-2009, 03:08 AM
this is america. sue.

theicecreamdan
08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah, its time to sue for those costs, and some compensation. Sucks, but sometimes instead of getting what you deserve you have to take it.

OptionZero
08-30-2009, 12:27 PM

When a DA sees a file on a DUI charge and a negative test, that case is gonna disappear quickstyle.

g-via
08-30-2009, 03:57 PM
i blame canada, with there little beedy eyes

http://i25.tinypic.com/29dit1c.jpg

hey guy, we're alright

CalPolyKing
08-31-2009, 06:02 AM
That sucks. If u guys fight u will probably get ur money back, but u will have to spend money to get it so good luck..

I remember when I got stopped for a DUI. Had 3 beers in my system after 1 hour. Did the pen test, line test. Officer look at another officer and said, "I can't see a trace of impairment on him"... That is when I knew I had it in the bag.
But they were both cool officers and I didn't lie about drinking.

But good luck man.. or good luck to ur bro

WanganRunner
08-31-2009, 07:31 AM

^^
Yeah, that's bull.

If the cop didn't have the gear to do his job properly, you should try to get them to pay for the impound fees.