PDA

View Full Version : Catalitic Converters

thelrgkid
08-26-2009, 02:12 AM
So whats the deal with the cats on the s13. ive heard people smog with a test pipe and they say they passed with flying colors. and when i checked my factory cat, it was empty. is that how it comes from the factory? do you need one to smog??

NINJASPY
08-26-2009, 06:35 AM
factory cat is by the downpipe area, stock exhaust manifold is 2 piece, the "test pipe" replaces a resonator and not the cat.

its header=cat/downpipe=resonator=mid pipe=muffler

projectRDM
08-26-2009, 06:56 AM
factory cat is by the downpipe area, stock exhaust manifold is 2 piece, the "test pipe" replaces a resonator and not the cat.

its header=cat/downpipe=resonator=mid pipe=muffler

Only on an S14. He didn't ask about an S14. Pay attention to the topic or don't post.

thelrgkid
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Only on an S14. He didn't ask about an S14. Pay attention to the topic or don't post.

haha, thanks

blackrms13
08-26-2009, 10:20 PM
So whats the deal with the cats on the s13. ive heard people smog with a test pipe and they say they passed with flying colors. and when i checked my factory cat, it was empty. is that how it comes from the factory? do you need one to smog??
if u know the ppl of course u can pass with "flying colors" lol

theres a cat after the downpipe, "OEM" ones shouldnt be empty inside...most likely someone before you emptied it out

thelrgkid
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
if u know the ppl of course u can pass with "flying colors" lol

theres a cat after the downpipe, "OEM" ones shouldnt be empty inside...most likely someone before you emptied it out

cool, thanks