PDA

View Full Version : Slipping trans

BoostedForHerPleasure
08-24-2009, 01:18 PM
I just recently installed a new clutch in my KA24de. everything was good after the install and the ka was torque-ier than ever but, after about 1,500 miles all the sudden it was extremely hard to get into gear and wouldn't go into reverse at all. when i did get it into gear i had to be really gentle with it and if i tried to give it anything more than a little bit of throttle it immediatly begins to slip and rev out. i'm on a budget and don't have the money to go and buy every part it could be until i find the problem so im looking for a little bit of insight from some KA guys. Im hoping its the slave or master cyl of course because it would be a cheap and relitivly easy repair, but like i said, im looking for someone who knows. thanks

S14_Kouki
08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
its going into gear hard could be a broken pivot ball that your shift forks rides on i dont think that would make it slip tho.

stinky_180
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
did you brake in the clutch or did you drive it hard immediately?

try changing your tranny fluid?
air in clutch hydraulic system?
pedal freeplay adjusted to spec?

HYPNOTIK
08-25-2009, 02:53 AM
try changing your tranny fluid?
air in clutch hydraulic system?
pedal freeplay adjusted to spec?

These wouldn't cause it to slip.

Did you resurface the flywheel when you changed the clutch? If it wasn't resurfaced it could chew through a new clutch pretty quickly.

Did you replace the pressure plate or just the disk? If you just replaced the disk you may have a bad pressure plate.

If it where the pivot ball, master, clutch fork, or slave it could be hard to get in gear but they wouldn't cause it to slip because they disengage the clutch, without them it is engaged all the time and so shouldn't slip.

Did you replace the slave cylinder? I had a Nismo slave on my Skyline and after putting the twin plate I had to grind down the rod that goes from the slave to push the clutch fork in because it was too long and would not let the clutch fully engage.

BoostedForHerPleasure
08-25-2009, 12:00 PM
i did have my flywheel resurfaced when i installed the new clutch and pressure plate. i gave it a good 500 mi of break in time and even then i really didnt get into it that hard. no hard clutch kicks or things of that nature. the pedal still has plenty of spring to it and is still in spec. its the stock slave and master cyl on there and when i installed the new cluch i changed my fluids and bled my lines properly. ive tried rebleeding them and no different result. the thing that boggles me is that it drove fine one day then the next day i noticed it giveing me trouble as soon as i pulled out of my driveway. im almost willing to pull a junkyard trans and just f.ing build it and swap em.

jorge1190
08-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I had a problem similar to this and it ended up being that i had a bad pressure plate but i would have someone check slave movement while you press in the clutch.

Ben G
08-25-2009, 01:00 PM
did you change your throw out bearing as well when you did the clutch and the pressure plate?

BoostedForHerPleasure
08-25-2009, 01:21 PM
yeah new throw out bearing went in with the new clutch and pressure plate. this s***s blowin me.