PDA

View Full Version : Man school sucks nuts!!!!!

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Well apparently my parents are too damn rich and i cant get any financial aid... gay gay gay!!! worst part is that my parents are not rich at all. wtf!! due to my misfortune i have to pay for school out of pocket this semester.. That put another hold on my s13 track project... :ghey:

anyone else on here paying off pocket? Taken out any school loans?

negrosx13
08-21-2009, 08:23 PM
im only paying back 1/4 of 22k for my school..lmfaoo

ninja_star
08-21-2009, 08:23 PM
all I can say is I love transfer program.

why waste money going to a uc / cal state when you can get your general ed done at a JC.

I love not wasting thousands of dollars.

fuck the college "experience"

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 08:33 PM
im only paying back 1/4 of 22k for my school..lmfaoo

explain sir.... lol

loan? scholarship?

flip3d
08-21-2009, 08:40 PM
go to community college and get a loan.

Where in Florida?

In SFL, BCC > PBCC

In Orlando, Valencia hands down for the first two years.

negrosx13
08-21-2009, 08:45 PM
goverment grants and a loan i gota pay while and after 6months of finishin the school.
i stretch the truth with lil bit with 1/4
while in school-15bucks a month(i havent paid it cause cause im use they dont care about 15bucks)
after is done-150

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 08:51 PM
go to community college and get a loan.

Where in Florida?

In SFL, BCC > PBCC

In Orlando, Valencia hands down for the first two years.

thats what i am doing now.. i am going to HCC in Tampa for my Pre Pharmacy aka.. 2 years aka AA in Pre Pharmacy..

I didnt wanna get a loan but it looks like im gonna have to.. i also just signed up for school reinburstment from my job... let see how that goes..

goverment grants and a loan i gota pay while and after 6months of finishin the school.
i stretch the truth with lil bit with 1/4
while in school-15bucks a month(i havent paid it cause cause im use they dont care about 15bucks)
after is done-150

Thats probably what im gonna do when i start Grad school.. your always gonna owe shit so why the hell not.. besides 150 per month after your grace period is not bad at all..

flip3d
08-21-2009, 09:01 PM
^^ Just get a loan. It's better than credit cards.

Two years later, I couldn't keep up with the payments on the card I used to help pay for classes and they wrote it off. Not good.

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 09:05 PM
oh yeah man, i will never use my card like that bro. i rather just take less classes if it come down to that.. but i am really leaning towards a loan for the nest semester..

blitzsti22
08-21-2009, 09:09 PM
i got financial aid and i got extra money this year

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 09:18 PM
bad azz... must be nice... i will be happy with just getting financial aid period...

ALTRNTV
08-21-2009, 10:12 PM
My school program is $25k, I got grants for $13k, so all I'll owe after I graduate is
roughly $12k. :keke:

adam s
08-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Man, school sucks nuts?

Man school, sucks nuts?

What?

Kouki_Love
08-21-2009, 10:17 PM
My school program is $25k, I got grants for $13k, so all I'll owe after I graduate is
roughly $12k. :keke:

not bad at all. whats your major? if you dont mind me asking.

Man, school sucks nuts?

Man school sucks nuts?

What?

lmao, oh wow.. thats funny. I think that people get the idea so far..

singlecamslam
08-21-2009, 10:27 PM
Yea i get financial aid because my family is poor as shit. Living in an apartment sucks. Man life sucks nuts?

RiversideS13
08-21-2009, 11:29 PM

why waste money going to a uc / cal state when you can get your general ed done at a JC.

college experience is awesome and priceless

adam s
08-21-2009, 11:31 PM
lmao, oh wow.. thats funny. I think that people get the idea so far..
only playing haha, only playing

YoungGun
08-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Had to pay $327 for this semester.

FUCK.

duffman1278
08-22-2009, 12:22 AM
I've been in the same boat as the OP for the past 3 years. They gave me BS about my parents making too much and wouldn't even give me a grant.

ALTRNTV
08-22-2009, 03:33 AM
not bad at all. whats your major? if you dont mind me asking.
Respiratory Therapy.

I LUV MY S13
08-22-2009, 03:44 AM
yea normally fin aid pays for my classes only...this semester they only paid half and i still have to buy my books..shit is mre than my classes

zenki.life
08-22-2009, 04:09 AM
yep i pay outta pocket. i just moved out 3 months ago(im 18 so no comments) parents cut me off. :(

DataXUnknown
08-22-2009, 12:09 PM
I applied for the fafsa but got no money yet from that. At my college (Fullerton Junior College) they have this thing called the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOGFW) that you can apply for (in which I did). At first it said I make to much money to qualify for it (Which I know I don't). So I went to the financial aid office at my school and told them I think I entered incorrect information, then the cool asian guy working was straight up like "Oh, you qualify for the BOGFeeWaiver, you're all set".

Basically what this BOGFW does is pays for your classes (mine 13 units, about $348 I think) and discounts my parking permit by $15, and some other small discounts. Thats it.

Then they have a program called EOPS that if your a newer student and enrolled in a basic english+basic math class then you can get your books paid for as well. (Not in english class so I didn't qualify :\)

But still had to pay for books, about $300 worth. And if you need books try ebay, I got my sociology book off ebay for 97cents because nobody else bid on it. Maybe I just got lucky.

RentonD
08-22-2009, 12:16 PM
Well apparently my parents are too damn rich and i cant get any financial aid... gay gay gay!!! worst part is that my parents are not rich at all. wtf!! due to my misfortune i have to pay for school out of pocket this semester.. That put another hold on my s13 track project... :ghey:

anyone else on here paying off pocket? Taken out any school loans?
+1 Same thing here. Although my grandparents are helping me pay for my schooling. Still, it's taking so much time that I have very little time to work on my car at all. Stupid Honor's Classes... :rant2::fawk2:

Kouki_Love
08-22-2009, 09:18 PM
it really sucks for all of us who have to pay off pocket... i just spent 423 bux yesturday for books... weak azz shit!!!!

duffman1278
08-22-2009, 09:32 PM
Another thing was that I used to have a friend that got me free PDF books at school but the budget cuts cost him his job so after going a year and a half without paying for books I'm forced to pay now.

Kouki_Love
08-22-2009, 09:52 PM
damn thats mad cool of him... take it while it lasts!!!!

soreballz
08-22-2009, 11:29 PM
"Oh no, I have to pay for school on my own; the government won't give me any money!"

Waaaaah. Get over it. College is meant to prepare you for real life. Well, paying your own way is the first lesson. Stop crying about it.

theicecreamdan
08-22-2009, 11:41 PM
If you would have been able to afford 240sx track project while going to school then we shouldn't be paying your tuition.

Work, and go to school and join the club.

ESmorz
08-23-2009, 01:20 AM

JC sucks dick. It's like High School but with cigarettes and tattoos. It also leaves you in the same shit hole town you've lived in for a long time, with the same shitty people.

Shit shit fuck fuck.

soreballz
08-23-2009, 01:24 AM
^There were lots of cigs and tats at my high school.

JCs are like high school, but bigger, and with more lazy people. lol

ESmorz
08-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Yes, but did seemingly half the student body smoke them on the way to class?

soreballz
08-23-2009, 01:39 AM
^No, half of the student body was dropping ecstasy and smoking weed between classes. They saved the cigs for lunch. LOL

duffman1278
08-23-2009, 02:05 AM
JC sucks dick. It's like High School but with cigarettes and tattoos. It also leaves you in the same shit hole town you've lived in for a long time, with the same shitty people.

Shit shit fuck fuck.

That pretty much sums it up. Another thing I've noticed as well is that alot of people that went from my HS to a JC in hopes of transferring to a UC/CSU in 2 years are still at the JC going on either 4 or 5 years and still not transferred. Some are close but most arn't.

soreballz
08-23-2009, 02:11 AM
^That's because they go to school part time rather than full time, so it takes a lot longer.

duffman1278
08-23-2009, 02:23 AM
No most of them are going full time, well 12 units a semester. I think it's the semester system that screws with people. 2 semesters a year instead of 3 quarters a year at a CSU/UC

zenki.life
08-23-2009, 05:56 AM
No most of them are going full time, well 12 units a semester. I think it's the semester system that screws with people. 2 semesters a year instead of 3 quarters a year at a CSU/UC

3 "quarters"??? lmao. i though a quarter had something to do with the number 4. lol:bigok:

TheWolf
08-23-2009, 05:59 AM
Estate planning screws kids...

Just because I will inherit something 30+ years from now.. means I qualify for nothing... while ghetto idiots attend "cuz it's free yo..." then drop..

shade
08-23-2009, 07:23 AM
I paid $1600 tuition for SDSU. Just for 6 units. Sucks balls.

Kouki_Love
08-23-2009, 07:55 AM
"Oh no, I have to pay for school on my own; the government won't give me any money!"

Waaaaah. Get over it. College is meant to prepare you for real life. Well, paying your own way is the first lesson. Stop crying about it.

No one is crying about it, i am just saying it sucks compared to the rest of the kids who get to save that extra money...

If you would have been able to afford 240sx track project while going to school then we shouldn't be paying your tuition.

Work, and go to school and join the club.

Thats because i lived with my parents and didnt pay rent or shit like that.. My point is that there are alot of people out there whos parents make alot more money than my parents and they got money back.... ohh wel, i still think it sucks... Unlike alot of people on here i have to work my azz off to be able to afford what i have..

k-love
08-24-2009, 08:34 AM
haha quite funny actually, we have essentially the same forum name, and I had the same damn thing happen to me where I got NO financial aid at all because my parents "made to much money".

Oh well school > 240 for now, but later down the road when you apply the school and make money the track car can come back

0wn3r
08-24-2009, 08:53 AM
Go to your financial aid office and tell them of your situation. Tell them you can't really afford it and you're looking for help. When you get back from the office, send me a pm thanking me.

I took out a private loan when I was a junior when I didn't get enough $. One other piece of advice is (especially now) LOCK YOUR RATE. Mine jumped from 4.25% to 8.5% by the time I graduated. At the time Citi was a bunch of douches and wouldn't let me consolidate. I asked them how high the rate could go and they told me 25%. Needless to say, I paid it off within a month or 2.

One thing I really regret is that I was too lazy to really apply for scholarships. Go do this. Even if you think you wouldn't get any money, go do it anyways.

jorge1190
08-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I just went into college and after all my federal aid which is just a bunch of loans i still paid 800 this semester. Pretty much stopped buying parts just to make sure i didnt put too much stress on the parents

enkei2k
08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
man you guys aren't that bad. i went to a private school 10k plus each semester, 20k a year! i've been paying it off slowly for 3 years now and i still owe about 25k.

note: if you do take out a loan, pay it off as much as possible and never ever pay the minimum. i'm paying the minimum monthly rate and i paid more interest than i did principal. FML.

325irollin
08-24-2009, 10:37 PM
I paid cash for my classes today. Starting career before school is FTW

325irollin
08-24-2009, 10:39 PM
man you guys aren't that bad. i went to a private school 10k plus each semester, 20k a year! i've been paying it off slowly for 3 years now and i still owe about 25k.

note: if you do take out a loan, pay it off as much as possible and never ever pay the minimum. i'm paying the minimum monthly rate and i paid more interest than i did principal. FML.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work now and how much do you get paid? In other words, was it worth it?

drft-s12
08-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Im trying to crash classes and they have some kind of lottery draw to see who gets in....like put your name on a piece of paper and put it in a hat kind of shit lol.....the instructor said that there is not enough money and all of them are doing it....i got a english class by picking a number between 1-100 hahahahaha

But shit i qualify for financial aid and pell grants but im looking into loans just to make it through the year.

enkei2k
08-25-2009, 07:03 AM
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for work now and how much do you get paid? In other words, was it worth it?

totally not worth it. i'm working customer service for 30k a year with minimal benefits. damn it

shmiddy
08-25-2009, 09:06 AM
dude im almost 30 g's in the whole cuz of school...... all i can say is, fuck my life