PDA

View Full Version : need help on se driver side door

sparkyS13
08-19-2009, 09:21 PM
need help on my s13 power window does not go down or up
car is se do not know if its the button or motor if someone knows how to fix ill pay thaks pm me or call @(323)774-4313
or pm me

Ithical
08-19-2009, 10:35 PM
ok to check for motor, hold switch down and slam door. That's the only one i know.

DataXUnknown
08-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Most likely the motor. To replace, take off door panel (don't forget to disconnect the plugs for switches), remove window from the sliders and out of the door(4 10mm bolts) then remove the power window assembly (I believe another 4 bolts/stud thingys might be 14mm). You then will have the entire power window assembly to look at and make sure the metal line isn't broken, if that line is broken you will need a new assembly.

If the line is still intact, Then you can try changing the motor out (3 bolts, the little thing with a plug on the assembly) and then just plug it in to your switch and make sure it works before you reinstall it. You can find cheap motors via here on Zilvia, or junkyard.

It's fairly easy to do you should really try saving some money and doing it yourself.

SUPERSTAR
08-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I had that same problem and ordered a new motor for it. Then I had a friend come over to help me. After he slapped me, he said " your an idiot, you have manual doors"

and I was like "wow, learn something new everyday" so I went for a swim after that in the pool.