PDA

View Full Version : sohc to dohc wiring help.

mEaty180
08-17-2009, 09:06 AM
under the dash, yes, yes, i've researched and read shit, however every single one just says colors match. on the ones with colors it just says what they go to. such as yellow/red tach, yellow/green spedo, blue/black water temp, orange 12v ignition, however there is only a blue and black and orange on the dohc side, there's a red on the sohc but a red and green on the dohc. just wandering if anyone actually has a chart with colors or anything i hate just connecting wires on the hope that its just the colors kinda matching.

so i checked some more stuff and i guess i had a wierd engine harness i dont know if the fact that the motor came out of a hicas car made the difference or not, anyways i grabed another harnes and wired into the 13 power harness up in the right corner behind the dash the colors all matched and i had a couple left over, however the car is still not starting, no spark. i did the resistance check on the coil and from what i can tell its good but there is still nothing coming out of it. any help would be greatly appreciated

projectRDM
08-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Just as it says, the wires you'll connect are in every guide online. Anything else you leave loose.

If wiring is correct, do the usual, check for spark, fuel, and air.

zallow
09-11-2009, 01:33 AM
I just did this swap myself, repinned the connector by the ecu like every guide online says and i got the same problem. Fuel pump doesn't turn on when the key is on the on position and no spark either.

I just did 3 hours of diagnosis and still nothing. Is there something we're missing here?