PDA

View Full Version : Short Course R/C trucks, anyone into them?

HyperTek
08-14-2009, 10:13 PM
these new r/c trucks look soo fun and realistic.
so far Losi, Associated, Traxxas, and HPI are in the game
29gHN7jiX_M

i havent been in r/c in a few years, my tamiya ta02 and f103 are far from competitive due to old designs and electrics. but i been thinkin about picking up one of those trucks in rtr form for backyard bashing or even spec racing.

thinking about waiting for the hpi blitz, suppose to be under $200 ready to run.
http://www.hpiracing.com/graphics/kits/103171/001.jpg

rat240
08-14-2009, 10:22 PM
looks like fun i got a couple of nitro trucks pretty fun but fuel is 20 a gallon

Tearlessj
08-15-2009, 01:08 AM
RC cars get boring real fast for me.

HyperTek
08-15-2009, 01:22 AM
well i was heavily into it as a kid and have tons of yardspace dirt at my house now so it was an idea.. but yah its fun if you can get a few friends to race with.

stealthsr20
08-15-2009, 01:30 AM
I was very into this as a kid, my bro too. We have some trophies and what not from it. Very fun just didn't have the money to do it anymore. I miss those days =(

Adeadcurrent
08-15-2009, 02:47 AM
I'm the assistant manager at Hobby People in Escondido, come by and say what's up. I'm Chris haha I had a slash completely decked out at one point, but I like my real cars more so I sold it.

GSXRJJordan
08-15-2009, 03:17 AM
RC cars get boring real fast for me.

Same.

I'm the assistant manager at Hobby People in Escondido, come by and say what's up. I'm Chris haha I had a slash completely decked out at one point, but I like my real cars more so I sold it.

Dude I'm totally gonna hit you up when I have a month off or so, I have some awesome JDM models (1:24 I think) that I want to do right, and need suppliieeszzzzzz.

andmattsayd
08-15-2009, 03:22 AM
LoL
my cousin runs for Mugen Seki.
its pretty cool to watch the mains
those races are pretty intense.

karl wasabi
08-15-2009, 03:53 AM
Damn. I used to race seriously when I was younger. 1:8 scale nitro buggy. SOOO fun. Real cars take up all of my money now. haha.

Adeadcurrent
08-15-2009, 10:26 AM
Same.

Dude I'm totally gonna hit you up when I have a month off or so, I have some awesome JDM models (1:24 I think) that I want to do right, and need suppliieeszzzzzz.

Sounds good man, let me know you're from Zilvia and I'll hook it up. We used to carry a bunch of Aeoshima stuff like Levins, Corollas, S13's, then HP decided we weren't selling enough to keep them stocked so they went red tag and cleared out. I luckily snagged the last two Silvia S13 models in our system. I'm currently building one, and got one in my closet for later.

But yeah, swing by man would be glad to help you out. That goes for anyone who is interested in this hobby.

ZenkiKid
08-15-2009, 10:43 AM
get a slash, running brushless and a lipo battery is fun.

KrazyS13
08-15-2009, 11:16 AM
A lil story.... Been building cars non stop since I was 15 years old(working on them since 8). I'm 25 now. Last year I decided I wanted to buy a house and my built 500hp STi was financially in the way of me doing so. Long story short, I sell the STi, get the house in May of 08 and am out of the "car scene" until about a month ago.

While I was out of "the game" I was extremely bored with all my cars gone and nothing to build so I figure I will try to keep myself occupied with something small scale and cheap. I used to love RC cars as a kid and I figured "what the hell", I'll give it another try. Theres not many tracks around here and I've always loved bashing with the monster trucks so I picked me up one of these......Team Losi XXL RTR
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/crazygc8/DSC00317.jpg
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k256/crazygc8/DSC00313.jpg

It's a great truck, fast as hell. 4x4, reverse, disc brake, metal gears in diffs and tranny, and a really nice radio included with the truck. I get the truck, spend a good bit of $$$$ on it, break it in and play with it for maaaaybbe 2 months and now it just sits!!!! I've got a S13 now, so the truck will continue to sit for the most part. I might even sell it soon to help fund my coilovers. It gets boring to me quick as well. And fuel is 40 bux a gallon!:tweak:

Regardless, they're great to have around and fun as hell I just don't recommend trying to replace your main hobby with RC like I did...lol

KrazyS13
08-15-2009, 11:19 AM
get a slash, running brushless and a lipo battery is fun.

Brushless setups are crazy fast(and look fun as hell too), but lipo batteries are expensive as hell!!