PDA

View Full Version : Major Brake Problem

zoomswimmer
08-14-2009, 02:56 AM
I was really excited today when I could finally drive my S13. With my luck, the brakes don't work. I have 300zx front and rear brakes, with SS lines. I've bleed them 3 times now, with 3 different people. I've taken apart my brake master cylinder, cleaned it, and put it back on with no luck. I've adjusted my brake booster, no luck either.

So, my brakes don't work at all. I have to pump the pedal to get any pressure. There are not any leaks, we've checked many times (we actually thought of that first). Is my BMC not any good? is it my brake booster? Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

gijoe69
08-14-2009, 03:10 AM
um u sure the bleeder valves are facing north? not down haha everyone makes this mistake when they install Z brakes haha..also if you ever taken off that screw on the BMC then you will be having problems with the piston inside

zoomswimmer
08-14-2009, 10:18 AM
um u sure the bleeder valves are facing north? not down haha everyone makes this mistake when they install Z brakes haha..also if you ever taken off that screw on the BMC then you will be having problems with the piston inside

Do you mean the bleeder valves facing up? Also, we rebuild the calipers, but what are you talking about taking off the screw and having problems with the piston inside

blueshark123
08-14-2009, 10:21 AM
did u bench bleed the brake mcylinder