PDA

View Full Version : decode this skyline bodt plate

HCR32
08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
BODY plate, that is...

take a look and tell me what year make and model skyline this is...thanks.

also, there is a very weird button on the dash. On the left, it says SPOILER UP and beside that is says DOWN.

There is a spoiler bolted to the rear trunk, it doesnt move.

Looks like a front chin spoiler on the front, doesn't look moveable either.

So what does that button do???

Thanks.

Slammed180
08-13-2009, 10:36 PM
E-HCR32 is either a RB20DET 4-Door (GTS-t Type M)
Or a RB20DE 2-Door. (GTS Type S)

I'm pretty sure the button will be for the rear spoiler. It may not be connected or the motor is gone.

HCR32
08-13-2009, 10:48 PM
It says RB20DET on the plate, and I see the turbo on the motor, and it is a 2 dr coupe. But what year and model? WHat makes it a Type M or whatever?

There is a factory rear spoiler bolted to the rear trunk. There are no wires running to it and no where for a motor to even be. How would the spoiler move???

Slammed180
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Hmm, I just googled the chassis code for those results.
I know that a Mitsu GTO has the same option with the "spoiler up/down" button, and it just moved the rear spoiler. I assumed it would be the same thing.

Spoiler hasn't been removed/replaced?

1991 Nissan SKYLINE GTST $10,500 Or best offer | Custom JDM Car Classifieds | JDM Car Sales (http://www.mautofied.com/_JDM-Cars/listing/100157198/)
Is this the car? Looks like a stock GTS-t Type M.

HCR32
08-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I also googled and get lots of different info...mainly looking to verify the model and year. What makes a Skyline a TYPE M? Like I understand the GTR, but I am unsure about the type M class and what that includes. No, the spoiler is the same, older, factory paint and I am 100% sure its original. And no, that link is not the same car. How can you tell what years these cars are...89-92...doesn't that trim plate tell us?

HCR32
08-13-2009, 11:22 PM
ahhh...I just BINGed it....its a 1991 model...from the C in the model code.
And it is a TYPE M because it has the 16" wheels and big 4 piston caliper brakes.
Are those Brembo models I wonder?
Still don't know what that spoiler thingy is.....hmmm....

HCR32
08-14-2009, 12:00 AM
Ok...there is a hidden spoiler in the front lip...and the button activates it and lowers it. This was called an ACTIVE FRONT SPOLIER....duh!

But now I am unsure of the year again...I am finding 90 and 92 HCR32 Skylines as well...so, I dunno the year....

Ben G
08-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Hmm, I just googled the chassis code for those results.
I know that a Mitsu GTO has the same option with the "spoiler up/down" button, and it just moved the rear spoiler. I assumed it would be the same thing.

it also moved the front spoiler down and tightened the suspension i believe pretty cool stuff