PDA

View Full Version : Don't add your boss on facebook

Sil-Eighty SE-K
08-13-2009, 10:24 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7020/asasauof.jpg

HyperTek
08-13-2009, 10:26 PM
haha so this girl took a screen shot of her page and psoted this around or what?

sadly, dont add aunts and uncles, they talked my mom into getting on facebook, now i randomly see her under the someone you might know lol

DreamN
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
cute... lol

S13Boosts
08-13-2009, 10:27 PM
hahahhhaha

325irollin
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
worst idea ever.

S-Nation S13
08-13-2009, 10:31 PM
lol owned !! hahah

Flicktitty
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
lmao, that's awesome.

DALAZ_68
08-13-2009, 10:54 PM
pure owneded

hellaslows13
08-14-2009, 12:15 AM
Nice.... haha oh the beauty of the internets

artdrifter
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Oooohhhhh fail for sure

theronin
08-14-2009, 12:45 AM
can you be fired for stuff said while you are not at work?

SUE SUE SUE!!!

HyperTek
08-14-2009, 12:48 AM
^ i think the persons performance probably wasnt that great so it will be based on that, and this just put them over the top i guess.

Teddy
08-14-2009, 12:51 AM
I have all of my managers, coworkers and my boss on facebook.

I just watch what I say.

aziankingz
08-14-2009, 12:53 AM
i am sure she is going to use this against the company to sue them.. facebook is also used to fire people lol..

driftsilvias13
08-14-2009, 01:00 AM
Also employers sometimes use facebook/myspace before hiring someone. Happened to a friend of mine!

theronin
08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
Also employers sometimes use facebook/myspace before hiring someone. Happened to a friend of mine!

my roomie who is a manager of a business, inputs applicants emails into myspace to see if they are on. he then browses their page to get a general overview of their real life. he hires based on that. good or bad who knows. its worked for him so far i guess.

OptionZero
08-14-2009, 01:10 AM
no worse than people who talk bout stuff they shouldn't talk about on zilvia

most people are idiots

ronmcdon
08-14-2009, 01:47 AM

I am shocked at how stupid ppl can be.
How hard can it be to keep 2 diff emails for your personal & private life?
Despite all the controversies, ppl still make this mistake.

If you're that careless, you deserve whatever misfortune you suffer as a result.

ronmcdon
08-14-2009, 01:55 AM
no worse than people who talk bout stuff they shouldn't talk about on zilvia

most people are idiots

idk about that.
I really doubt employers are checking out Zilvia as much as popular social network sites.
I suppose it could be an issue, if your employer find out you're on Zilvia at work all the time.

But even then, seldom do ppl complain about their job & boss here.
Not a lot of controversial or graphically provocative material.
Some members might get into trouble, but most of us here are fairly civil imo.

Om1kron
08-14-2009, 02:00 AM
I was laid off for "blogging" apparently or at least that was the deciding factor since they had to make a cut and couldn't pin anything on me.

andisan
08-14-2009, 02:38 AM
I have all of my managers, coworkers and my boss on facebook.

I just watch what I say.

^^^Thats common sense, thats what that GIRL didnt have at the moment or has.

OH and,

"And yes, im seriouse"

Now thats one of my favorite line on his respond:keke:

GSXRJJordan
08-14-2009, 03:13 AM
I was laid off for "blogging" apparently or at least that was the deciding factor since they had to make a cut and couldn't pin anything on me.

Lol, that's horrible.

I know when you google GSXRJJordan, my Zilvia page comes up... :keke:

silly_13
08-14-2009, 03:30 AM
hahaha..this fails!!!

my mom always tries to add me on facebook all the time i just keep ignoring her..

and thats y always put your myspace/facebook/twitter/plurelife etc... on private!!!

HyperTek
08-14-2009, 04:06 AM
hahaha..this fails!!!

my mom always tries to add me on facebook all the time i just keep ignoring her..

and thats y always put your myspace/facebook/twitter/plurelife etc... on private!!!

haha wow yeah i saw my mom on there because my aunts etc got thier own pages and they share pics.. im kinda bummed about it because my cousins added me a while back and i never thought about that and its their parents *uncle* who adds me etc.. then it relays to a phone conversation between them "we all have a facebook, ask austin to show you the pics from our vacation" etc lmao

fawk lol

i had an old teacher try to add me, i ignored it lol. I dont wanna add those people because sometimes i might post somethin like "man f&(*^ this blah blah" lol

adam s
08-14-2009, 04:09 AM
Yah this kinda stuff always scares me:bite:

Felipe
08-14-2009, 04:16 AM
I suppose it could be an issue, if your employer find out you're on Zilvia at work all the time.

:wiggle: thats me... but i work 3rd shift with no boss...

hOngsterr
08-14-2009, 04:34 AM
sigh..
this belongs on failblog not zilvia.

azndoc
08-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Internet is not private.

People can see your shit.

Don't say shit if you don't want people to know.

Duh.

Soup Nazi
08-14-2009, 05:12 AM
What an Idiot

shmiddy
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Lmfao owned!!!!!!!

enkei2k
08-14-2009, 09:19 AM
i only added my former boss and former co workers. never ever in a million years will i add my current employer. i have twitter to cuss at them for that

cserrano86
08-14-2009, 12:05 PM
http://18.media.tumblr.com/JVX0rQLMDpc3rfnhYdIOQVXio1_400.jpg

sked707
08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
Shits hella funny but yeah it sucks for her, she messed it up for herself. Instead of whining & complaining she should be thankful for having a job, people gettin laid off n shit.

zenki.life
08-14-2009, 03:19 PM
its like when my mother insisted she be put on my facebook as well. insisted she wanted to be "part of the modern times." so originally i had to be careful what i posted....no more, just got laid, or so wasted ect. eventually now i have 2 accounts. lol. my good ole mother

blackrms13
08-14-2009, 03:23 PM
haha...fucking retards...

Limited Profile FTW

Sleepy240
08-14-2009, 05:01 PM
haha...fucking retards...

Limited Profile FTW

Limited Profiles arent really "limited". Just about all information on Facebook, Myspace, Twitter etc. are accessible if you look around... The best solution is just becareful with what you WRITE ONLINE. I don't know how many times people need to be told this. There are some things which really just DON'T need to be posted online.

ThatGuy
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
Actually, the best solution would be...

Keep your life to yourself.

How is possible that the majority of the population have become 11 year old girls with diaries? :ddog:

PANGES
08-14-2009, 05:30 PM
How is possible that the majority of the population have become 11 year old girls with diaries? :ddog:

LOL!! Oh shit, I just spit my iced black tea lemonade at the screen. :(

s13skank
08-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Hahaha thats fckn priceless, what an idiot!

sleep
08-14-2009, 05:44 PM
you people saying she should sue, need to realize that a lot of states (including arizona) are right to work/employ states. Meaning your employer can fire you for whatever the fuck they want.

Sleepy240
08-14-2009, 06:54 PM
you people saying she should sue, need to realize that a lot of states (including arizona) are right to work/employ states. Meaning your employer can fire you for whatever the fuck they want.

Most companies have a policy for employment termination, that usually state they can fire you for any reason at anytime, and you usually are supposed to READ IT and sign it as one of the first things you do. Most people don't really pay attention and just sign it. Then they want to complain about this, sue about that. That's whats wrong with fucking people...

PANGES
08-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Most companies have a policy for employment termination, that usually state they can fire you for any reason at anytime, and you usually are supposed to READ IT and sign it as one of the first things you do. Most people don't really pay attention and just sign it. Then they want to complain about this, sue about that. That's whats wrong with fucking people...

Even in our great Smog Nazi state of California, we have a 6 month probation period, where if you are still within the 6 month probation period, you can be fired for any reason at all. I know this first hand, because I hired someone at my work, and after a week, she kept asking for days off the night before she was supposed to work, and my boss asked me to fire her since I am the supervisor/manager/bitch boy.

This seems to be the case, as the boss writes, "And lastly, you also seem to have forgotten that you still have 2 weeks left on your 6 month trial period. Don't bother coming in tomorrow."

BoostSlideWayz
08-14-2009, 07:18 PM
deng lol that's original. Ive never seen or heard of anything like this.

ronmcdon
08-14-2009, 07:26 PM
Even in our great Smog Nazi state of California, we have a 6 month probation period, where if you are still within the 6 month probation period, you can be fired for any reason at all. I know this first hand, because I hired someone at my work, and after a week, she kept asking for days off the night before she was supposed to work, and my boss asked me to fire her since I am the supervisor/manager/bitch boy.

This seems to be the case, as the boss writes, "And lastly, you also seem to have forgotten that you still have 2 weeks left on your 6 month trial period. Don't bother coming in tomorrow."

I think the article was based on an incident in the god-forsaken United Kingdom.
Only the ppl in the UK (most likely England) call each other 'Wanker', among other corny slang.

Regardless, I think any company can be smart enough to improvise.
Looking back, I think the Boss who did the firing, did not really have to post something up in writing.
Don't know how the laws there work, but I can see how it could have been some sort of legal liability if some legal rep got involved aiding the fired employee.
I would have just fired the chick a week later for a more legit excuse.

Also, legal issues aside, maturity goes both ways.

ManoNegra
08-14-2009, 09:03 PM
my boss is also my best friend
I don't need the internet to tell him he is full of shit
(Mike if you're reading this I'm only kidding.... don't fire me.... please....)

Future240
08-14-2009, 09:06 PM

This.

My life is only known to those who were around to help me live it. I don't see the need to make things "facebook official".

silly_13
08-14-2009, 10:10 PM
haha wow yeah i saw my mom on there because my aunts etc got thier own pages and they share pics.. im kinda bummed about it because my cousins added me a while back and i never thought about that and its their parents *uncle* who adds me etc.. then it relays to a phone conversation between them "we all have a facebook, ask austin to show you the pics from our vacation" etc lmao

fawk lol

i had an old teacher try to add me, i ignored it lol. I dont wanna add those people because sometimes i might post somethin like "man f&(*^ this blah blah" lol
lol yea i just added 1 cousin then every aunt and cousin and my mom stared adding me, so i just keep ignoring them now oh and i remember in my high school the "security rent a cop" created a myspace, so he tries to add everyone from the school so he can see who has pics of them smoking weed or what not, but he wasnt smart enough so everyone found out.

Agamemnon
08-14-2009, 11:48 PM

I'm suprised it took this long for someone to say this.

I'll never understand why people in this society are soo inclined to spill their guts on the internet.

OptionZero
08-15-2009, 12:08 AM
because we're all unique and special

but only if everyone knows it

Sil-Eighty SE-K
08-15-2009, 10:56 AM
my boss is also my best friend
I don't need the internet to tell him he is full of shit
(Mike if you're reading this I'm only kidding.... don't fire me.... please....)
lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

orion::S14
08-15-2009, 05:40 PM

This needed to be quoted, again.

Forums and such are a GREAT resource for information, help with troubleshooting, getting ideas and inspiration for your project, product reviews, etc...

LEAVE IT AT THAT!.

Live your life, IN REAL LIFE.

MySpace, Facebook, Twitter...c'mon...if you MUST post every little thing about yourself so that strangers can 'become your friend'...use a little fucking common sense when doing it.

:2c:

- Brian

sleep
08-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Even in our great Smog Nazi state of California,

thank god your state are strict about smog. Every time you gets get a storm, all of your pollution travels to the Phoenix valley where it becomes trapped by the mountains for days. Thus causing me headaches, sore throat, serious congestion.

Your pollution all comes here.........

ronmcdon
08-15-2009, 07:44 PM
This.

My life is only known to those who were around to help me live it. I don't see the need to make things "facebook official".

Well I think you can use facebook/myspace site in a number of ways.
You're not really obligated to post any personal info, or use any of the gimmicky features
It's really just as personal as you'd like it to be.

I don't mind (but don't claim to be enthusiastic about) 'facebook'.
I keep a profile to keep in touch with friends that use it.
I don't have a pic of myself posted there.
I don't post any 'accurate' personal info.
But, it still serves it purpose for what its worth imo.

I am all for facebook & myspace (esp convenient for searching music and band tour dates).
twitter on the other hand, that's just redundant.
I can't understand the appeal, & nor do I see why there is a need for another social networking site every 2 yrs.

I guess young ppl in general always need something new & hip, even if it doesn't serve any other purpose.

Touge180sx
08-15-2009, 07:55 PM
Paging Eric Castro...

zenki.life
08-16-2009, 02:30 AM
thank god your state are strict about smog. Every time you gets get a storm, all of your pollution travels to the Phoenix valley where it becomes trapped by the mountains for days. Thus causing me headaches, sore throat, serious congestion.

Your pollution all comes here.........

ahahaha. its ok. those who require "smogs" still get them:naughty: