PDA

View Full Version : Why you shouldn't pump CHEVRON gas

markyd0s
08-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Apple - Movie Trailers - Crude (http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/crude/)

After watching this movie trailer I wont pump Chevron gas anymore.

pahaf
08-13-2009, 07:57 PM
why? whats so bad in that movie?

Devil Man
08-13-2009, 08:05 PM
cheveron... they werent the only gas companies to be talked about...

Sil-Abc
08-13-2009, 08:11 PM
so ur saying ur not going to pump from chevron or texaco or use anymore of their products and use another companies products that have similar practices?

jamg
08-13-2009, 08:12 PM
money rules the world.

hOngsterr
08-13-2009, 08:16 PM
shit idc,
i pump gas there.
it has techron lol.

it makes my car go
=]

fliprayzin240sx
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow, so you wont pump Chevron or Texaco but all Big Oil company does something like this in some other part of the world. Like you not pumping gas from them will make a difference. You want to make a difference in the big picture...GIVE UP DRIVING OR USING GAS!!!

xpertsnowcarver
08-13-2009, 10:20 PM
^^ yep. but the movie would be interesting to watch, ill give it that.
buy an electric car.
/thread.

HyperTek
08-13-2009, 10:40 PM
what the op should state is how we fail to see our lifestyle affects other countries. sadly we grew accustomed to require cars... and if you dont have a car then your lame etc.

drift freaq
08-13-2009, 10:46 PM
LOL the crack up about this? Is there is like 3 refineries in the State of California. Chevron being one of the main ones.
What you don't realize is they sell their gas to other retailers besides just Chevron. They just toss different additives into the gas that goes to their stations.

In other words all you people thinking your buying better gas by not buying Arco and whatnot? LOL your fooling yourself.

Its all coming from the same places and its all cross sold to competitors for the sake of profits. Get over it.

You might as well just stop driving if your going to boycott a particular oil company.

Taniguchi_Is_#1
08-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Chevron/Texaco gas is the best. I wish we had some around Philly.

greddy2die
08-14-2009, 09:01 AM
LOL the crack up about this? Is there is like 3 refineries in the State of California. Chevron being one of the main ones.
What you don't realize is they sell their gas to other retailers besides just Chevron. They just toss different additives into the gas that goes to their stations.

In other words all you people thinking your buying better gas by not buying Arco and whatnot? LOL your fooling yourself.

Its all coming from the same places and its all cross sold to competitors for the sake of profits. Get over it.

You might as well just stop driving if your going to boycott a particular oil company.

QFT

I work in the port dealing with only oil tankers every day that deliver fuel oil to S. FL.

Let me tell you that just as drift freaq said, that 99% of the time, all gas is the same. No matter if you go to Chevron, Texaco, BP, Valero, etc etc.

They all have the exact same fuel oil. They all receive of the same vessel's on a daily basis. One company buys the fuel and if they dont have room for it in there shore tanks then they just sell it to someone within the port.

Only difference between gas companys is the additives they mix into it.

enkei2k
08-14-2009, 09:16 AM
never pumped chevron anyway. i think i've seen like 1 within a 100 mile radius lol

LeftNutOfGowd
08-14-2009, 09:30 AM
But but but Chevron has the cute lil talking car commercials :(

g-via
08-14-2009, 10:16 AM
bah

I use chevron 92 in my car only...

i don't think a movie can affect me enough to stop

drift freaq
08-14-2009, 10:27 AM
bah

Bah

It does not matter if you use Chevron, Texaco,BP/Arco,Shell,etc.. its all the same stuff. People's brand loyalty to Gasoline/Oil companies is a crack up.

Talk about manufactured myths. Let their advertising make you think your buying something better. LOL

greddy2die
08-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Bah

It does not matter if you use Chevron, Texaco,BP/Arco,Shell,etc.. its all the same stuff. People's brand loyalty to Gasoline/Oil companies is a crack up.

Talk about manufactured myths. Let their advertising make you think your buying something better. LOL

:p

Makes me happy that I dont even pay for gas.. haha

I dont give a shit what kind of gas I buy, I know its all the same garbage and its not my money. I love work..haha

singlecamslam
08-14-2009, 10:35 AM
Its true, one gas isnt better than the other. Like Arco and chevron, pretty much the same shit. There is a certain standard the gas has to meet before it goes on sale, all those commercials are bullcrap, but i still buy chevron:goyou:

g-via
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Bah

meh

techron powaaaaaa

i'm still going to be loyal, call me a crack head

napaKAliboog
08-15-2009, 03:28 PM
I've seen this! Good doc. You don't have to worry, just wait till all the oil runs out and we start gathering "vespean gas" as a global space program

zenki.life
08-15-2009, 03:58 PM
its funny because i have felt differences in different companies. strictly between arco and shell. oh well......damn placebo.

Tom25666
03-20-2010, 11:06 PM
shell has nitrogen and premium is 93 octane here. yay!

drift freaq
03-20-2010, 11:27 PM
shell has nitrogen and premium is 93 octane here. yay!

wow you bumped a 7 month old thread just to say that. LOL fail on your part, you're a premie too you should know better.

spooled240
03-20-2010, 11:35 PM
i would just like to add that i just pumped some chevron gas half an hour ago

mrmephistopheles
03-20-2010, 11:46 PM
I just drove by a Chevron station!

wh0aitznic0
03-21-2010, 01:05 AM
I was about to say this shit is old!

I LUV MY S13
03-21-2010, 01:13 AM
wat da hail

BOROSUN
03-21-2010, 01:44 AM
the thing about getting gas from like costco or arco is they buy cheap old gas that has been sitting on the bottom. do they clean it, who knows?

iROYAL
03-21-2010, 11:31 AM
I was reading what drift freaq wrote and thought how interesting his post is. I then stumbled about another interesting article because I was curious about what additives he was talking about.

All gasoline is made from crude oil. It goes to the refinery and what comes out is called the base gasoline. Since all crude oil is not created equal, not all base gasolines are the same, either. However, they are so close as to all be able to carry the label "base" as in "hey guys, if you want to make gasoline, this is what you can start with". All base gasolines leave the refinery with one additive. It is required by law that they have an additive that prevents deposits in an engine's intake valves. From this base gasoline, all brands begin to work their own particular magic.

Let's make this clear: all gasoline, no matter what brand, leaves deposits behind in your fuel injectors or your carburetor in your car. As many brands of gasoline that are on the market, that is how many combination of additives there are that will remove those deposits. The additives that Brand A uses can be the same as the additives that Brand B uses, but each will use a different amount of each to clean out certain deposits that are left behind by any gasoline. Brand C on the other hand, may decide to use completely different additives than Brand A or Brand B altogether. All brands decide which additives to add based on what deposit they want to get rid of. Then, the marketing department goes to work to convince you that your car will run better because of this additive.

Just what are these additives, anyway? Glad you asked. They are those that:

- deter gumming and improve the stability of the gasoline
- reduce deposits that foul your spark plugs and also prevent preignition
- prevent the fuel from icing, improve how the fuel vaporizes, reduce injector and valve
deposits and reduce emissions.
- prevent the fuel from corroding the tanks it is stored in before it gets to your
gas station, and also after it gets there and is stored prior to your pumping it
into your tank.
- prevent the fuel from icing up
- give the fuel its particular color

These are the additives that gasoline companies put into their brand of gasoline. Their marketing will tell you which additive or additives are in their gasoline, and why you should buy it to keep your car running smoothly.

Isn't that simple? No...actually it isn't. First of all, you would expect that each brand gets their base gasoline from the same place close-by their Brand Headquarters. That is not the case. Brands do not pipe their own base gasoline to their different plants for the additives to be added. Gas is expensive enough without the added expense of each brand piping their own base to places far away from their headquarters, when there is perfectly good base to be had closer to the various plants throughout the United States. Since it is the additives that make Brands A, B, and C different, and since the base gasolines differ only slightly, it makes sense to do this. However, Brand A in the Mid-West will probably be different than Brand A found on the East Coast - even though the additives in the gas are the same. Perhaps it is nit-picking to include this information, but it is interesting to note nonetheless.
The second thing to remember about these different brands is that each additive will remove the deposits it says it will, but each will also leave behind its own deposit. That's right, each additive leaves behind deposits of its own, which will in time, build up in your engine. No marketing department will ever tell you that. That's not good for business! So, what is a savvy consumer to do? Why, switch brands every few thousand miles, that's what! Look at what Brand A says its additives will do, and then look at what Brand B says, and Brand C and so on, and then switch based on your research. Of course, if you are like me, all that researching is just too taxing. Just switch brands every few thousand miles, and know that you are one of the few who really know the score about gasoline brands and their additives.

keistyle
03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I really hope this pisses off people.

I hope they start to act like "humans".

It's about time something happened.

What ever happened to tarring the corrupt-assed motherfuckers in the legal system?

BustedS13
03-21-2010, 12:01 PM
bah

92?
well, at least you're better than Cali, and their 91.

lolpumpinthat93lol

mrflip69
03-21-2010, 12:11 PM
I dunno man. I've heard from a lot of people that Arco gas is shit, and their cars run like shit and throw CELs when they fill from there.

I try to use Costco as much as I can, and haven't had any problems with them.

xpertsnowcarver
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
I just drove by a Chevron station!

OH MAN! Me too!! I saw people there!!!

jibanez
03-21-2010, 02:47 PM
costco gas ftw :ughd:

HalveBlue
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Chevron, eh?

Used to wear some on my collar.

But yeah, brand loyalty is for suckers especially when it comes to big oil companies.

Whatev.