PDA

View Full Version : Newer Daily Car Ideas?

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
I've been waiting and it's finally time... for a $10-12k daily driver that is respectable, reliable, and can be fun.

I've come up with a few ideas and I have some problems with all of them :(

E46 330i
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/2549778469_43e0798a53.jpg
This is pretty much where I am set now. Looks decent, nice interior, fairly reliable other than the normal bullshit, alright power, handles well... but it has a small aftermarket, other than the handling department which is alright with me.
Fixing the shit that breaks will get expensive quick.

IS300
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/3708821494_68edd386ef_b.jpg
God, this is the first nicer car I wanted when I started to drive... They are kind of weak in every area and they are 4 door only, which kinda kills it. 5spds are harder to find.

Eagle/Bugeye WRX or WRX Wagon
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/IMG_2403-1.jpg
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/image_02_800.jpg
Kind of a kid car and it's hard to find an example in my price range that isn't modded. I like them, I'd consider it but.... :squint:

RSX-S 2004+
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/Picture032.jpg
FWD. I love them other than that. It'd be a hard thing to do.

E39 540i
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/DSC00182.jpg
Another car I kind of love, 540i sports are all 6spd manuals... and in my price range. I'd do stupid things with a V8, but the maintenance is way up there.

What am I missing guys? There has to be something I've overlooked. :( I want to stay in decent gas mileage range (22+ freeway). My girlfriend has an AP2 S2k, so I am avoiding shit like that and the 350z. I've owned a modded FZJ80 Land Cruiser, 215whp Mini-S, SR S13, and now a salvage S14 so far. I wish I could just stick with bikes, but I am done with them on the street - track only 4real. Fuck old cars.

HyperTek
08-12-2009, 04:04 PM
id scratch rsx. if i recall, i think it was mugen or one of those tuners who quit building the rsx because of its suspension design, they couldnt get much out of it and disliked the way they handle.

i think those BMWs will get borring quick if you like to mod/tune and your into japanese stuff. But the plus side is probably way fewer theft issues compared to all the cars mentioned.

but 4 doors are awesome.

how about the lexus GS300/400s? plenty of aftermarket, baby supras etc.

xpertsnowcarver
08-12-2009, 04:05 PM
i think you'll end up over modifying all of these. i'd be tempted.. i can't even daily a 240 anymore without ending up over modifying it... sigh, that's it.. im going to need a geo or a tercel to daily.

if i had to pick from your list, id get the acura only because it has the lowest maintenance of all of them. if you had the income to handle any maintenance, then get the 540i. i had driven one of those for two years. great car. had the M package on it. it was a 97. but don't get the bumper that's on there.. that thing is fugly.

ILoveJDM
08-12-2009, 04:07 PM
My girlfriend has an AP2 S2k, so I am avoiding shit like that s.

i was going to say s2k

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
i think you'll end up over modifying all of these. i'd be tempted.. i can't even daily a 240 anymore without ending up over modifying it... sigh, that's it.. im going to need a geo or a tercel to daily.

if i had to pick from your list, id get the acura only because it has the lowest maintenance of all of them. if you had the income to handle any maintenance, then get the 540i. i had driven one of those for two years. great car. had the M package on it. it was a 97.
I don't think I will be over modifying anything, I've never been into aero - just suspension so the most any of these would get is a catback, coilovers, suspension links, brake pads, and wheels.
My father had a 99 540i, wasn't a manual though - I loved it, I just think it's a little too old man for me. He has an E60 M5 now, shit is awesome... too bad it's SMG. Great for him and the target audience of that car, not for me.

id scratch rsx. if i recall, i think it was mugen or one of those tuners who quit building the rsx because of its suspension design, they couldnt get much out of it and disliked the way they handle.

i think those BMWs will get borring quick if you like to mod/tune and your into japanese stuff. But the plus side is probably way fewer theft issues compared to all the cars mentioned.

but 4 doors are awesome.

how about the lexus GS300/400s? plenty of aftermarket, baby supras etc.

I'm not really into Japanese stuff, they are just cheap and reliable. Theft has never been an issue.

I like the GS, but they don't come in manual, do they?

xpertsnowcarver
08-12-2009, 04:16 PM
hmmm.. why not a... acura tsx? my wifey drives it. great daily. great suspension. its a 06 model (the best year to get). i know this is taboo to say here but.. the vtec stuff on there is pretty cool. the maintenance on it is nothing untill you break 100k mi..

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:17 PM
I hadn't thought they were down in the 10-12 range? I like those cars too, and they can look ok done right.

xpertsnowcarver
08-12-2009, 04:20 PM
oh shoot.. forgot about your price range. we bought ours with 13k miles last december for $20k otd. it came with the luxury and sport package. the resale value is pretty good so.. yea, it may be difficult to buy one out for 10-12k..

VROOOM
08-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

silviaguy240
08-12-2009, 04:22 PM
ls400-430, 350z, e55 wagon, legacy gt (little more), e36 m3.

540i sport would be my bet, m5 6spd, and ive heard good things about the V8's being pretty reliable and you could get 150k+ out of em.

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:23 PM
^^E36 M3 is a bastard child for what we got in the US, I'd never be happy with it. The LS and E55 don't come in manual. The M5 goes for like $15k, but there is no way that thing could be cheap-ish to maintain. :rofl:

Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

-LOVE- this car, but the price is not right. :( :( :(

DreamN
nissan cube :D

revat619
if it were me, i'd get the IS. Its a daily, dude. You want 4 doors. Plus its reliable, looks good, and if you must mod it, nice wheels and suspension and its done.

The bmw's are nice, but like you already said, regular maintenance stuff is $$$. My dad has a 540i and all that thing does is sit. Its a great car when everything works, but when shit is broken, its a huge pain in the ass. He ALWAYS thinks about selling it, but then he drives it again....and he looks like this :D

...and back in the garage it goes.

VROOOM
08-12-2009, 04:25 PM

i was behind an old man in one a few days ago. they dont look right.

silviaguy240
08-12-2009, 04:27 PM
^^E36 M3 is a bastard child for what we got in the US, I'd never be happy with it. The LS and E55 don't come in manual. The M5 goes for like $15k, but there is no way that thing could be cheap-ish to maintain. :rofl:

no no no, 540i sport package comes with the m5 6spd trans, so you know its beefy.

ok, mk5 gti 5 door, passat, mazda 3 (speed), fit S, A4, 3.2 6spd A6

xpertsnowcarver
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
^^^ yuuup :)

if it wasn't the tsx, it was going to be the legacy gt for us as well.. but i read an entire zine review on it. they literally drive the car its first 80k or 100k miles and wrote down everything that happened or went wrong with it. i can't remember which zine it was, i'm sure its on the net, but it steered me away.. i know at one point, around the end, they talk about how they had to drain the fuel tank because they accidentally poured in diesel fuel.

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:28 PM
no no no, 540i sport package comes with the m5 6spd trans, so you know its beefy.
AH, I see what you mean. :bigok:

PANGES
08-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT

I was going to throw that out there. lol. I know you don't like FWD, but I heard those new Mazdaspeed 3's are pretty fun to drive (I have no personal experience with them though.) But they're pretty cheap, even brand new.

Have you thought about an RX-8?

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:40 PM
My girlfriend was going to get a MS3, but ended up with the S2000 instead. I made the mistake of telling her that it was the tightest and most fun car I'd ever driven, so she had to test drive one. I didn't think the MS3s were in my price range yet, if they are I will be going that route. I've driven one and they are a great deal for what you're getting.

I don't really like how the RX8 looks.

ds13
08-12-2009, 04:42 PM
i just got a 2000 328ci for 5 g's and so far im in love, for the same reason i wanted somethin nice and dependable thats still sexy and doesnt need much just some rims and your pretty much set and i just sold my s13 yesterday i will miss her

P.S anyone know any good aftermarket sites or forums for bmw's cuz i cant find any thank you /thread jack

chibo
08-12-2009, 04:43 PM
i just got a 2000 328ci for 5 g's and so far im in love, for the same reason i wanted somethin nice and dependable thats still sexy and doesnt need much just some rims and your pretty much set and i just sold my s13 yesterday i will miss her
Where are the pictures at :coold:

boozels
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
I concur on the E39.
Getting one soon!!!

DreamN
08-12-2009, 04:51 PM
i was behind an old man in one a few days ago. they dont look right.

you're cockeyed.

P.S anyone know any good aftermarket sites or forums for bmw's cuz i cant find any thank you /thread jack

Good buy. Just type in bimmer/bmw forum in google.

I concur on the E39.
Getting one soon!!!

I dig the e39 as well. Great looking car and a definitely plus if you score a 540i with the Sport Package and the 6 spd trans.

White_Chuki
08-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Out of those choices you provide get the WRX or IS300 (this is only if you are dying to get a newer car), they are reliable, cheap to maintain, and heavy in aftermarket parts.

If you really want the AP2 then just get that, it doesn't matter if your gf has one

Lastly, just hold off and save up some more. Personally I don't think those are really good cars to upgrade to except for 07+ WRX. The MS3, TSX, and Legacy would be a wiser choice

!Zar!
08-12-2009, 05:13 PM
e39.

Done.

Or if you want to have the looks but without the power.

525i/535i.

Flicktitty
08-12-2009, 05:57 PM
If i lived where you did i would get either a
Is300
Gs300/400/430

only reason i would pick a wrx is the awd factor here in the snow (i geuss depending where in AZ you are you might need it) but i would stick with the Lexus idea.

they are ALOT nicer then the other choices besides maybe the BMW.

have you gave thought to the 03-04 Infiniti M45? Those cars are pretty fuckin fast but they offer little to no stateside aftermarket support but who cares you already have a project car.

personaly i'm looking at the GS300 for me as a great daily plus a little T61 on the VVTi would be a badass combo and it would eliminate the "underpoweredness" of it. also it's alot less boy racer/ricer friendly then the IS3.

just my .02

Flicktitty
08-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Or
THIS

brand new car, great warrenty, with the CVT and a intake they get upwards of 37-40+ mpg. kind of odd style.

do it.

PITCH
08-12-2009, 06:38 PM
04 m6 gto?

PANGES
08-12-2009, 06:47 PM
04 m6 gto?

I don't know about your area, but around my area (California), but I think that's out of his price range. Even the 04's are going for 15k+... the 06's are still above 20k. I'd consider one if I could afford it.

ESmorz
08-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Can't go wrong with a Subaru.

XperienceM5G
08-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Only issues with the early E46 is that they had the same sub frame issues as the E36's. Just daily driving it can commonly lead to cracking and tearing of the sub frame.

Fixable, but not something you want to deal with in your daily driver by any means.

They are nice cars though, drove my moms 328 all the time and loved it.

On top of that yeah Bmw's are expensive to fix when broken.

But nice cars..

silviaguy240
08-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Or

THIS

brand new car, great warrenty, with the CVT and a intake they get upwards of 37-40+ mpg. kind of odd style.

do it.

CVT suuuuuccckkkksss, ive only driven one cvt car and can easily say i dont want to drive another.

meteorite_flo
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
There's a cube in my neighborhood, it's cool. I would seriously get a Honda Fit for a daily and just leave it stock.

jamg
08-12-2009, 08:05 PM
older corvette?

chibo
08-12-2009, 09:32 PM
There's a cube in my neighborhood, it's cool. I would seriously get a Honda Fit for a daily and just leave it stock.

This was my original plan until I sold my F4i. I might do it and buy a 03/04 636 to track.

RiversideS13
08-12-2009, 10:45 PM
my 2002 IS300 can only get 22mpg max. it has 74k miles and still on factory clutch and brake pad. so far the only repair it had just an oxygen sensor. other than that, it is dead reliable and solid (compared to my bros 06 G35 coupe) . not even a rattle noise. down side is that it ain't that fast. but why do you need a super fast DD anyway.

so my vote go for
Legacy GT
IS300

i personally would probably wont go for bmw because depreciation value and cost of repair. but i would get one if i have time and money to deal with those little problems.

Flicktitty
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
my 2002 IS300 can only get 22mpg max.
how are your driving habit's? i'm getting about 25ish in a 96 Sc3.

ds13
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Where are the pictures at :coold:

waiting to get rims haha

Good buy. Just type in bimmer/bmw forum in google.

i know that but i mean any u can recommend as being a good quality site im already a member of baybimmerz

artdrifter
08-12-2009, 11:18 PM
Cant go wrong with an XB.

BustedS13
08-12-2009, 11:44 PM
1.) i didn't read a single other post in this thread
2.) modifying your daily driver is a recipe for disaster
3.) out of the cars listed... a 330ci or is300 (stick) would be rad. the rest would be fine but those are two of my most liked dailies as well.
don't puss out and get an RSX or any other FWD vehicle. they're just less enjoyable to drive. note this is coming from someone who lives where it rains and even snows sometimes. i'd rather drive a RWD car through snow once or twice a year than drive a FWD car rain or shine.
4.) while i like the is300, i've always been of the opinion that should three or more people need to go somewhere, someone else can drive. until a condom breaks and i have a kid, i will not own another sedan. yes, they're easier to get into in tight parking lots. yes, the back seat can be used to haul more shit, or whatever. but i'm not a goddamn taxi service. and two doors always look better than four.

i say 330ci. hell, get a 'vert.
of course, with a convertible, friends will BEG YOU TO DRIVE. so factor that in. and road noise.. i've had three convertibles to date, and all have been the most enjoyable and most annoying out of the cars i've owned. but i wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

actually... have you considered a Z3?

http://bmw-z3.info/images/wallpapers/BMW%20Z3%20rear-31295.jpeg

RiversideS13
08-13-2009, 12:06 AM
how are your driving habit's? i'm getting about 25ish in a 96 Sc3.

aggressive and usually cruise at 80mph, running on 225/45/18 tires with 2 pieces wheels and polyurethane lip kits.

zylvia213
08-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I say GS300 or e39. Wouldnt be able to afford it but thats what i would go for. Good looking cars and reliable.

JVD
08-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Cube isn't cool.

I tried to force myself to buy an econobox... couldn't do it. Those things are so fucking boring to drive. Jesus.

I bought a WRX Wagon instead.

I love it.

chibo
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
actually... have you considered a Z3?

http://bmw-z3.info/images/wallpapers/BMW%20Z3%20rear-31295.jpeg
My mom has an S54 MCoupe that I've driven a lot. I prefer the S2000 in almost every way.

DreamN
08-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Cube isn't cool.

I tried to force myself to buy an econobox... couldn't do it. Those things are so fucking boring to drive. Jesus.

I bought a WRX Wagon instead.

I love it.

Cube is gangstah wachu talkin' bout?

Went to the dealership yesterday to check a few out and it has plenty of room. Very cozy and comfortable. I'd love it as a daily and I bet it'd be great on road trips.

Besides I'm a dog owner so a car that has enough space for say camping gear and that can have my dog be comfortable is a huge plus. Not to mention the great gas mileage you can get and how awesome they look with the JDM front end, some nice wheels, and a clean kit. All the interior would need are some window curtains. Other option for a daily is a Mini Cooper S (Used) as that would obviously be a bit more fun to drive, but the fun factor can be had with any car as long as you're not a boring person.

backroadtouge
08-13-2009, 12:52 PM
i bought a 09 honda fit because of how much i drive and wanted to have a car i could reliably and quietly get me everywhere. ive put over 20k on it since last halloween..... the older fits are just as nice, but a little smaller. they are fun to drive i guess but im still amazed at the gas milage i get with my driving.... like avg 37mpg

i wish i bought a wrx real bad though for the price and fun

WanganRunner
08-13-2009, 01:01 PM
if it were me, i'd get the IS. Its a daily, dude. You want 4 doors. Plus its reliable, looks good, and if you must mod it, nice wheels and suspension and its done.

^^
This

You can find a manual if you look hard enough, it won't be expensive to fix, and while it may not be quite as fun on the track as the 330....it's a DD, so who cares. They can be a lot of fun to drive, and you can always boost the snot out of it later if you want to and have a serious car.

ZX88
08-13-2009, 01:22 PM
i would love a wrx wagon.... fun and practical

JVD
08-13-2009, 01:31 PM
Cube is gangstah wachu talkin' bout?

Went to the dealership yesterday to check a few out and it has plenty of room. Very cozy and comfortable. I'd love it as a daily and I bet it'd be great on road trips.

Besides I'm a dog owner so a car that has enough space for say camping gear and that can have my dog be comfortable is a huge plus. Not to mention the great gas mileage you can get and how awesome they look with the JDM front end, some nice wheels, and a clean kit. All the interior would need are some window curtains. Other option for a daily is a Mini Cooper S (Used) as that would obviously be a bit more fun to drive, but the fun factor can be had with any car as long as you're not a boring person.
Don't get me wrong. It's great at what it's supposed to do.

So is Yaris, Fit, Soul, XB, etc.

I came from driving a 180SX. I really wanted to like the economy cars, but I later realized I would have gone insane not being able to do the odd spirited drive. My WRX is by no means quick, but it's decent and I can deal with it.

I guess it all depends on what time of person you are. To me, it seems like the OP wants a bit more than an econobox. Some people just see a car as transportation. As long as they get from A to B they're happy. I'm not one of those people and judging by the cars the OP listed, he's not either.

K_style
08-13-2009, 01:37 PM
i'd say wrx..

chibo
08-13-2009, 02:04 PM
I guess it all depends on what time of person you are. To me, it seems like the OP wants a bit more than an econobox. Some people just see a car as transportation. As long as they get from A to B they're happy. I'm not one of those people and judging by the cars the OP listed, he's not either.
Exactly, god how few people understand where I am coming from. :sadwavey:

VROOOM
08-13-2009, 02:37 PM
maybe a Mazdaspeed6. same engine and trans as the Mazdaspeed3 but AWD and a sedan. might be able to get one for around 13k

ryguy
08-13-2009, 02:49 PM
I am looking for a new car right now and my choices are EXACTLY the same as the ones you're looking at. I'm leaning towards the WRX right now, because of the aftermarket, but also because I get lots of snow here in winter.

chibo
08-13-2009, 02:51 PM
maybe a Mazdaspeed6. same engine and trans as the Mazdaspeed3 but AWD and a sedan. might be able to get one for around 13k

I need to drive one, I've seen them around but I've never heard anything about them.

PANGES
08-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Exactly, god how few people understand where I am coming from. :sadwavey:

I totally understand where you're coming from, and I used to be the exact same way. I used to own an S13 w/ an R34 RB25, an Evo 9, and now an Evo 8 w/ a GT30R and a built 2.3 stroker.. and the modding never ever stops, because no matter how much I mod, the car always gets boring after about a week. I always thought I should get a daily that's fun to drive in addition to my other car. I was constantly looking into wrx's, s2k's, rx-7's, etc etc, but I realized after a while that the more boring your beater is, the more you'll appreciate you 'main car.' I just bought an integra as a beater about a month ago, and now anytime I get in anything that makes more than 100whp, it feels AMAZING. lol.

The best mod you can ever do to make your "fun car" more fun is always a beater. The slower the better.

Of course that's just MY opinion. lol.

ryguy
08-13-2009, 03:30 PM
The best mod you can ever do to make your "fun car" more fun is always a beater. The slower the better.

Of course that's just MY opinion. lol.

x2, my sister's Cavalier is like torture compared to the 240.

flip3d
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
Those are all great choices. I've always loved the E46.

I'm with Hypertek. You should consider a GS300/400. Especially since you're just looking for a daily.

Bubbles
08-13-2009, 08:44 PM
The cheaper the daily costs to use the more time to spend driving the car I want to.

If I wanted a Bmw I would just buy one in the first place.

conrad_s13.5
08-14-2009, 09:02 AM
G35

/thread

JVD
08-14-2009, 09:27 AM
I need to drive one, I've seen them around but I've never heard anything about them.
Great cars.

Cheap too for what you get.

Pretty damn quick too. Would surprise a lot of people.

stinky_180
08-14-2009, 11:52 AM
when the time comes, i will sell my daily driven s14 and buy a 3rd Generation Acura TL. the s14 just isn't cutting it anymore. its just so damn small! its a great car but i need more. More room, more power, more newer styling. I hope next year is the year i get it! i'll continue building my s13 though...

also wanted a honda fit but they're just a tad bit small. honda crv and toyota rav4 were my other options but mehh, i think they're girl cars now. older is 300 or used is250 are awesome options too but its a bit more expensive.

chibo
08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
IS250 would be very cool, but for that price you can pick up an E46 M3, slam it on coilovers, and toss some nice wheels on it.
http://redreplicant.mylha.com/temp/3591772842_5afab6cd4d_b.jpg

I will own one.

Charlie
08-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm looking for a new car right now as well. My price range is about the same or if not a little bit more than yours. I'm really leaning towards the wrx sedan/wagon. I personally am done with two door cars for now. I want a bigger car because I'm 6.2 and the poop coupe just isnt cutting it anymore.

ranger240
08-14-2009, 03:27 PM
whats the deal with e39 blocks.... there were factory recalls involving i believe the nickle content of blocks causing knock via u.s. gasoline.... alot of engines were replaced under warranty

it might be later e34s but im pretty sure early e39s had a similar problem

someone who isnt a euro-noob can probably fill in the gaps

blackrms13
08-14-2009, 03:31 PM
im doing the same research right now, new daily...
but only thing is i wont be buying one till like 1-2 years down the road

but i cant decide between a Legacy GT or TSX

haa

GL

ds13
08-15-2009, 04:36 PM
i forgot to add in my earlier posts that my dad wanted a subaru so i talked him into getting the bug-eye wagon its pretty sweet but my e46 gets better gas mileage and is a smoother ride than the wagon theyre both stick and the wrx clutch is more sporty compared to the e46 and plus cant forget GIRLS know what a bmw is not many know the coolness of a wagon haha

MunsonAuto
08-17-2009, 10:42 PM
02-03 Wrx wagon ftw. I just got mine done about a month ago (started as a regular TS wagon, bought a couple wrecked wrx's, made a wrx wagon with the insurance of a TS) and it's by far my favorite daily I've had (previous dd's include: 1999 cadillac eldorado, 2000 vw passat, 1998 chevy tahoe, 2000 gmc sierra, 1995 bm 525i 5spd).

The wrx with some light mods like turbo back exhaust, up-pipe, intercooler to TB pipes, and other small things is a great all around car. The 4 doors is nice because friends can pile in, you've got the wagon room to throw all your crap in, and it's still decently quick so it's not boring to drive. And with a wagon cops don't bother you as much...supposedly.

mkiv98
08-18-2009, 03:12 AM
good to see some of us growing up and wanting to get rid of 240s for more grown up cars.

for me, the main deterrence is insurance. no wrx or m3 insurance rates for me, no thanks.

Manuelitoohno
08-21-2009, 12:07 AM
get a nice 1998 528i.

make it flush and your set.

SexPanda
08-21-2009, 12:10 AM
I just got done rebuilding the Ej20 in my MY02 WRX, it had 69000 miles on it... Its not that hard, but take it from me. If you get one, get it unmodded.

Besides that I love my car. Its fun, quick, good gas mileage, and parts are errwhere. That and they are cheap now a days.

4 doors ftw

!Zar!
08-21-2009, 04:30 AM
02-03 Wrx wagon ftw. I just got mine done about a month ago (started as a regular TS wagon, bought a couple wrecked wrx's, made a wrx wagon with the insurance of a TS) and it's by far my favorite daily I've had (previous dd's include: 1999 cadillac eldorado, 2000 vw passat, 1998 chevy tahoe, 2000 gmc sierra, 1995 bm 525i 5spd).

The wrx with some light mods like turbo back exhaust, up-pipe, intercooler to TB pipes, and other small things is a great all around car. The 4 doors is nice because friends can pile in, you've got the wagon room to throw all your crap in, and it's still decently quick so it's not boring to drive. And with a wagon cops don't bother you as much...supposedly.

Nope.

Got pulled over in my wagon.

All bad.

ds13
08-29-2009, 03:46 AM
cant do much with the wagon since its my dads but he does want a full exhaust on it recommend a good place to get one? even if its only cat back

lucky7
08-29-2009, 07:55 AM
i just read the original post, and i just wanted to mention that E46's have subframe issues. the early ones atleast. oh and E46's suck, unless its an M3. :D

ds13
08-30-2009, 12:03 AM
mine doesnt

msg length

!Zar!
08-30-2009, 04:36 AM
i just read the original post, and i just wanted to mention that E46's have subframe issues. the early ones atleast. oh and E46's suck, unless its an M3. :D

I don't know why everyone cries about subframe issues.

That was a problem with the e36. And it was fixed by the 97 model year.

The braces that fix it are less than $100.

UUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH

08-30-2009, 10:11 AM
ya man go VIP with the 2nd gen GS300

lucky7
08-30-2009, 12:50 PM
im just relaying the crap i hear about them on BFC.
i only have real world experience with E46 M3. :D

Tom25666
08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
my neighbor has a built IS300, it's a bit ricey for me but its a matter of opinion. my vote is WRX

VROOOM
08-30-2009, 02:02 PM
I don't know why everyone cries about subframe issues.

That was a problem with the e36. And it was fixed by the 97 model year.

The braces that fix it are less than $100.

UUUGGGHHHHHHHHHH

this says otherwise

BMW Settles Lawsuit, Will Repair 3-Series Cars with Subframe Damage - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews (http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/090619-BMW-Settles-Lawsuit-Will-Repair-3-Series-Cars-with-Subframe-Damage/)

krazyfil
08-30-2009, 02:07 PM
2000 or 2001 audi s4... more power and better handling than the wrx and u can prolly find for cheaper... but with all german cars... maintenance is higher up there... so its your call honestly