PDA

View Full Version : Wha?? Canister Purge Control Valve circuit?

xpertsnowcarver
08-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Alright so, with the S15 motor I'm using, pin 114 (according to the JDM FSM) is the Canister Purge Control Valve which is not wired in. I don't get a CEL thankfully. I know exactly how the gas vapor system works - mechanically. The ADM FSM doesn't mention anything about this circuit and isn't even in the schematic for the ECCS. But, the JDM FSM does mention it in the schematic, I'm sure there's a page in there about how the circuit is completed. Does anyone happen to have or know that page? I most likely won't complete that circuit anyway, but I'd like to know how it works with the gas vapor system. And, does anyone else leave the circuit open as well?
(I've searched and all I've found is how they work mechanically. No in depth explanation of anything electrical. Searched here, other sr forums, as well as good ol' google).
Thanks

let5l1de
08-12-2009, 11:07 AM
I do not know the s15 (na? turbo?) smog devices well but 2 things come to mind.

A sensor that measures vapor system pressure is missing

or

There should be a solenoid valve that opens/closes the system of which probably requires the use of a pressure sensor.

~m

xpertsnowcarver
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
That's what I'm thinking, and would expect to find that in the fuel tank area or in the fuel lines by the tank. I can't seem to find anything though.