second hour: what the fuck is this
last half hour: holy fuck END YOU FUCKING MOVIE
overall: i lol'd, i baww'd, but fuck this shit won't end

flclsteve
08-08-2009, 01:34 AM
my thoughts exactly movie was good just way to long

zenki.life
08-08-2009, 02:25 AM
aw so busted...should i see it? or gi joe? i am going to see gi joe either way lol

BustedS13
08-08-2009, 02:39 AM
the initial plan was to see Funny People and then walk into GI Joe, which critics and common sense say completely blows asshole. but then i fell asleep and nobody woke me up, so we went and just saw one. which felt like rape.
funny rape, but not rape worth paying for

...tomorrow i'm thinking Collector/Joe. or midnight showing of Ghostbusters. dunno yet.

ESmorz
08-08-2009, 02:42 AM
second hour: what the fuck is this
last half hour: holy fuck END YOU FUCKING MOVIE
overall: i lol'd, i baww'd, but fuck this shit won't end

Judd Apatow movies have this problem.

BustedS13
08-08-2009, 02:51 AM
Judd Apatow movies have this problem.

also, too much screen time for that squirrely pointy-chin bitch.

Bubbles
08-08-2009, 07:33 AM
female comedians: have never, EVER been funny

When will people understand this?

handinpants
08-08-2009, 09:24 AM
you want rape. watch rachel getting married.....stupid fucking teacher of my girlfriends says they have to watch it and then write a paper about it. I honestly would right a paper about what it feels to be violated, while coming in and out of consciousness. i have no idea why her teacher would pick this movie, we both keep falling asleep while watching it, or want to choke the teacher to death..... i'm with the latter

zenki.life
08-08-2009, 10:09 AM
GI JOE tonight then!!!!

bornslippy73
08-08-2009, 10:15 AM
huh, no kidding...I'm planning on seeing Funny People. I had to watch the recent Harry Potter movie with my girl and friends. I slept through 90% of that epic gay movie.

Gnnr
08-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Isn't anyone else tired of Adam Sandler's formula?

Market and Advertise as a funny movie/comedy and fool people into watching a sweet-heart-warming-feel-good-movie-with-a-message. (Click, 50 First Date,etc.) Even though they have their funny parts, its mostly not a Comedy. At least in the advertising of this one they made it clear of what kind of movie it will be unlike the other ones...

BustedS13
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Isn't anyone else tired of Adam Sandler's formula?

Market and Advertise as a funny movie/comedy and fool people into watching a sweet-heart-warming-feel-good-movie-with-a-message. (Click, 50 First Date,etc.) Even though they have their funny parts, its mostly not a Comedy. At least in the advertising of this one they made it clear of what kind of movie it will be unlike the other ones...

Funny People is a movie about a comedian with leukemia, and that's how it was advertised... i haven't seen an Adam Sandler movie since Anger Management, i believe

LongGrain
08-08-2009, 12:25 PM
the initial plan was to see Funny People and then walk into GI Joe, which critics and common sense say completely blows asshole. but then i fell asleep and nobody woke me up, so we went and just saw one. which felt like rape.
funny rape, but not rape worth paying for

...tomorrow i'm thinking Collector/Joe. or midnight showing of Ghostbusters. dunno yet.

dont bother going to see the collector

my friend and I walked into the collector after seeing funny people and it was terrible

GSXRJJordan
08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
also, too much screen time for that squirrely pointy-chin bitch.

Lol, I like Judd's wife. Not to mention the daughters in the movie are theirs too (Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow).

I thoroughly enjoyed Funny People - it definitely is not the typical Judd Apatow or Adam Sandler movie, and after hearing Judd talk about the movie in an interview, it actually mirrors their experiences coming up in the comedy world pretty closely. All the other comics were pretty good support characters, and I think Adam Sandler and Seth Rogan played their roles really well - very believable characters, because they're basically playing themselves. Oh, and Eric Bana was solid gold lol.

It was long, and there were parts that dragged (moving it more towards a drama than a straight comedy), but overall a GREAT movie.

coww-cho!!!!!
08-08-2009, 12:47 PM
dick,balls,sick,sex and jokes were the keywords in this movie

BustedS13
08-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Lol, I like Judd's wife. Not to mention the daughters in the movie are theirs too (Leslie Mann and Judd Apatow).

It was long, and there were parts that dragged (moving it more towards a drama than a straight comedy), but overall a GREAT movie.

the first hour was pure, unadulterated gold. but the second hour, the plot sputters out and the movie crashes into a mountainside. it's just kids giggling and pointy chins. bleh.

LimeLite Racing
08-08-2009, 03:50 PM
I'm going to see this shit tonight. Hopefully it'll be worth it.

BustedS13
08-08-2009, 05:47 PM
rewatching it now, found a TS. again, first hour is rock solid.
wish sandler could stop making stupid noises in everything he does.

ixfxi
08-09-2009, 10:26 AM
movie is very good, saw it last night

i wouldnt recommend this movie if youre still in your teens or early 20s, you guys cant shit through a movie without random explosions or pointless drama.

ive been a big fan of sandoo for the longest, most of his movies are fantastic (minus spanglish)... this one was pretty damn good. it was longer than expected, but it didnt bother me as i kept interest during the entire movie

not to throw out any significant spoiler here, but it did address more adult topics like death, growing old and getting sick, falling into relationships and having regrets AFTER you get married, stuff like that... but it was still good.

if you're married and older, you'll probably enjoy it. i found the jokes good, only complaint i had is i felt that the movie really had no lesson or substance to learn from, it was really just sharing an experience or story, but no real point to it.

with that said, i liked the movie and dont regret watching it.

cserrano86
08-09-2009, 12:00 PM
I liked the movie. The best part though, the part that made me say "FUUCK!!" out loud... Norm McDonald...

Brian
08-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Loved the movie.
Loved the cameos.
Loved the overall style of the movie.

I liked the "flow" of it. You would have some funny stuff, then go into a bit of drama and "uncomfortable" parts. Just when you thought, "shit man, this is insane", something fun would pop up again. I enjoyed the humor in the uncomfortable situations.

and yes, Norm Macdonald. lol

BustedS13
08-09-2009, 01:04 PM
and yes, Norm Macdonald. lol

FUCK YEAAHH.
it was nice to see him outside of his house for the first time in, what, 5 years?
him and artie lange should make Dirty Work 2 :snoop:

Future240
08-09-2009, 01:53 PM
i wouldnt recommend this movie if youre still in your teens or early 20s, you guys cant shit through a movie without random explosions or pointless drama.

not to throw out any significant spoiler here, but it did address more adult topics like death, growing old and getting sick, falling into relationships and having regrets AFTER you get married, stuff like that... but it was still good.

That actually intrigues me. Due to the highway butt rapery that is the movie theater here (read: 7 bucks for a large popcorn, refills large only cost .50) this will probably be watched after it comes on DVD.

adam s
08-09-2009, 08:16 PM
So here's my question; spend the $10 to see it now? Or wait till it makes it to the dollar theatre/redbox?

Imo, alot of movies today just aren't worth spending $10 to go see it now, is this one really that funny?

Brian
08-09-2009, 08:20 PM
spend the $10

It isn't necessarily a comedy..... so, you might think it's funny, you might not.

adam s
08-09-2009, 08:25 PM
spend the $10

It isn't necessarily a comedy..... so, you might think it's funny, you might not.

Well if Brian says so, I will :bowdown:

No, but seriously, I guess I'll be calling the girl lol.

axiomatik
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
netflix it. only movies i bother paying to see in the theater are big special fx movies. otherwise, home thater does quite nicely.

aziankingz
08-10-2009, 12:48 PM
the movie was pretty good.. some funny ass jokes.. my favorite was at the end with the old man titty fucking..lol

mrflip69
08-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Eh, females have got a couple got comediennes on their side.

Not sure if Ellen or Rosie count LOL, but they've got the likes of Carol Burnett, Rita Rudner, the gang from the Golden Girls, Tracy Ullman.

I saw this with a buddy--movie IS long, maybe just longer than you'd expect, but I thought it was good throughout.

Gotta disagree with the Sandler noises.. there's at least 1 scene where it was welcomed ;)

+1 on the cameos .. Jews are some funny people.

FaLKoN240
08-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Eh, females have got a couple got comediennes on their side.

I don't know where you got all the extra letters from, but whatever.

Does anyone know the name of that one hot comedian chick that does shows for VH1?! It's driving me nuts I can't remember her name!

LimeLite Racing
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Well worth the money. I'm gonna go see this shit again.

axiomatik
08-11-2009, 07:43 AM
I don't know where you got all the extra letters from, but whatever.

Let me google that for you (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=comedienne)

mrflip69
08-11-2009, 05:05 PM
You talking about the blonde on VH1? Rachael Harris? She looks ok with the glasses. Aisha Tyler is pretty hot too, not so much funny though.

ESmorz
08-11-2009, 05:12 PM
They easily could have made this movie 45 minutes long.

Adam Sandler just isn't as funny anymore. Seth Rogen never was, and that pointy chin whore is fucking annoying.

Only saving grace for this movie was Eric Bana, he's a G.

Brian
08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I like the way Adam S. acts in this because it makes me think, "this might be how the dude is in real life...maybe" (except the total asshole parts.)

Seems very true to life or something.

Remember when Seth R. and Adam S. had that episode of UNDECLARED together?

BustedS13
08-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I like the way Adam S. acts in this because it makes me think, "this might be how the dude is in real life...maybe" (except the total asshole parts.)

that episode kinda sucked.. didn't sandler bang the other dude's crush or some shit? and then the dad showed up.
oh wait that's every episode. good show

Brian
08-11-2009, 05:29 PM
that was a funny episode.
Yeah that one girl kept telling different stories to everybody about what happened the previous night.

The dad played that song about his ex wife.

Alan Covert was in that episode too. I think thats his name. funny dude.

ThatGuy
08-11-2009, 05:38 PM
The title of this movie, and the actors involved, is probably the only thing I find funny about this movie.

It'd be like making a movie called "Original Characters", and casting Vin Diesel, Will Ferrel and Keanu Reeves in the lead roles.

socal_kouki
08-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Adam Sandler doesn't make a movie where he makes the same old wawa voice? "I'm awam shawuh i wake fuwy woviessshh.. :little nicky cringe:.. cut"

Let me guess he wears hockey jerseys loses his cool once or twice and gets the girl who's too hot for him in the end?.. just saved everyone $12.00. Feel free to paypal me.

Wow mtv viewers choice movie of the year... I've seen funnier people do free stand-up.. seriously who cares I wish he really WAS dying..

Brian
08-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I think you guys missed the point.

Look at the movie in the perspective of him playing the character of himself. You have kids and young fans...whatever. They want him to do the goofy noises or whatever they saw on the movie screen.

I don't know... made sense to me.

Fans knew him from the big screen, so that's what the expect him to be like, so thats what he gave them when they met in real life. make sense?
probably not.

ESmorz
08-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I think you guys missed the point.

Look at the movie in the perspective of him playing the character of himself. You have kids and young fans...whatever. They want him to do the goofy noises or whatever they saw on the movie screen.

I don't know... made sense to me.

Fans knew him from the big screen, so that's what the expect him to be like, so thats what he gave them when they met in real life. make sense?
probably not.

Yes, but many other movies and shows have showed this same aspect and anyone with half a brain know all celebrities do this, and lead these kind of double lives especially when they are hit with troubled times.

I don't think trying to build a case around a failed comedy for that single aspect is worth it.

Brian
08-11-2009, 06:31 PM
"Funny People" wasn't created as a comedy (from what I gather).

If people understand this before they go see it, I think they will enjoy it more.

I didn't know that it wasn't a comedy until I heard something about it on the radio. Thanks to this, I went into the movie NOT expecting it to be a comedy.

Anybody who goes into it EXPECTING a HAHA movie from start to finish WILL be disappointed.

:)

ESmorz
08-11-2009, 06:34 PM
It's about dying, how funny could it be?

My problem with it was just that when it tried to be funny it wasn't, was way too fucking long, and for the most part felt like it was trying to shove an obvious point dick in your face.

Brian
08-11-2009, 06:57 PM
I don't think the previews talk about that part of the movie, do they? I don't remember. I DO remember when I saw the previews, I thought, Oh cool this will be a good funny movie. That was my point.

Yeah it was long.
I thought the funny parts were funny.

I guess different strokes for different folks.

Word up.

GSXRJJordan
08-12-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm with BH on all counts.
Elli missed the point, sorry you didn't like it.
Socal kouki never saw it, obviously.
Lol @ comediennes, and Falkon not getting it. For real though, they're not funny.

I keep remembering things that were great about the movie ~ I'll definitely see it again when it hits the torr*nts.

adam s
08-12-2009, 02:21 AM

I was reading this, and was thinking, "why the fuck is Brian talking about me in real life?" Then as I read further I realized that I was in fact, not the topic of conversation.

Thanks BH for getting my hopes up..

VIPDRFT
08-12-2009, 07:02 AM
This movie had some funny parts but was way too long, yet the ending was really abrupt.

onehundredoctane
08-12-2009, 07:20 AM
^yup, wasted my money on that on. but it was almost worth it to hear James Taylor make his facebook comment (not spoiling it)

Brian
08-12-2009, 09:10 AM
I was reading this, and was thinking, "why the fuck is Brian talking about me in real life?" Then as I read further I realized that I was in fact, not the topic of conversation.

Thanks BH for getting my hopes up..

shoot.

SORRY.

:(

adam s
08-12-2009, 10:12 AM
shoot.

SORRY.

:(

Hahaha, it's all in good humor =D

kandyflip445
08-12-2009, 10:30 AM
This movie sucked a fat one. Didn't like it at all. Sure, there were funny parts, but not worth the money to go see it.

Brian
08-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Question for those that hated it.

Did you guys go into the movie expecting it to be a comedy?

kandyflip445
08-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Nope, I expected kinda what it was with some funny parts. So I got what I expected. But it dragged on and I really didn't give a damn for the story. The female comedian was annoying ass hell. The skinny roommate guy was retarded.

Some of the jokes were pretty damn funny. But it wasn't good enough to go see in movie theaters.

Brian
08-12-2009, 10:52 AM
Jason Schwartzman?

Funny ass dude.

kandyflip445
08-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Didn't like him in the movie. I dunno. Just didn't like the movie. lol

Brian
08-12-2009, 11:00 AM
Aint no problem to me.

I aint never seen no Harry Potter. I hate them though.

kandyflip445
08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Aint no problem to me.

I aint never seen no Harry Potter. I hate them though.

HAHA, I like the Harry Potter movies. Can't wait for District 9 to come out.

[/threadjack]

DreamN
08-12-2009, 11:04 AM
I enjoyed it. Good movie.