PDA

View Full Version : Good deal? $340 for z32 brakes

jeb1517
08-05-2009, 08:10 PM
I found a guy selling front and rear calipers (26mm), front and rear rotors, front and rear pads, e-brake cables, and the e-brake assembly for $340. Only thing is, the e-brake assembly doesn't come with the back plate, I would have to get that separately somewhere. I'm going to pick everything up on friday hopefully but wanted to get some opinions on how good of a deal this is, if at all. Thanks.

EDIT: woops, meant to post in general chat, sorry!

BoostedCoupe
08-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I think its a decent deal. I mean you are getting a complete brake swap. I paid 150 for just my fronts from a junkyard.

jeb1517
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
He said he'll sell them for $100 more so the total would be $440. $200 of that is just for the e-brake assembly, $50 for cables, $50 for e-brake assembly and $100 for backing plates....this car's gonna make me broke...

240love
08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
you should just do q45 brakes instead

jrocslider
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
so he raised the price because u seemed interested?

FRpilot
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
if the ebrake assembly doesn't come with the backing plate, then it isn't really the ebrake system. what is he giving as part of the "ebrake assembly" just the ebrake shoes, the springs and pins?

340 is not bad actually for front + rear calipers with rotors, pads, and ebrake cables. but as for the assembly, he should either keep the ebrake pins and springs, or sell everything with backing plate for a little bit more. breaking up the ebrake combination like that will make it difficult to complete, w/o sourcing the required parts seperately from junkyard or dealership.

jeb1517
08-06-2009, 05:46 PM
you should just do q45 brakes instead

I was thinking about that but hadn't looked into it...how much does a full brake swap usually run?

so he raised the price because u seemed interested?

yes and no. the calipers and stuff are still the same price. The e-brake price went up because I thought it would be the whole assembly but he wasn't counting the backing plates.

if the ebrake assembly doesn't come with the backing plate, then it isn't really the ebrake system. what is he giving as part of the "ebrake assembly" just the ebrake shoes, the springs and pins?

340 is not bad actually for front + rear calipers with rotors, pads, and ebrake cables. but as for the assembly, he should either keep the ebrake pins and springs, or sell everything with backing plate for a little bit more. breaking up the ebrake combination like that will make it difficult to complete, w/o sourcing the required parts seperately from junkyard or dealership.

thats exactly what I told em...he said he wanted to sell the back plate with the hubs and spindle together because its hard to take off or something like that. I wouldn't care but I already have the hubs. I was like who's gonna wanna pay for just the backing plate. I'm not really sure....I'm just gonna get the front set up for $160 later tonight hopefully, the back is too expensive

jamg
08-06-2009, 05:53 PM
err...you should just do front brakes swap.

just get rear slotted and drilled rotors and good pads.

ixfxi
08-06-2009, 05:57 PM
this is a thread of retardation

you should get whatever you NEED. when you upgrade brakes, either upgrade the entire system or leave it all stock. you do the front, rear and BMC.

jeb1517
08-06-2009, 06:30 PM
this is a thread of retardation

you should get whatever you NEED. when you upgrade brakes, either upgrade the entire system or leave it all stock. you do the front, rear and BMC.

You have a GT in your avatar so I wouldn't expect you to understand. Buying rear brakes increases my price by 175%. I'd be happy to upgrade the entire system. How about you lend me the extra $280?