PDA

View Full Version : First 10 Minutes of 'Batman: Arkham Asylum'

LeftNutOfGowd
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
Pierwsze 10 minut i wra¿enia z Batman: Arkham Asylum (http://polygamia.pl/Polygamia/1,95334,6882410,Pierwsze_10_minut_i_wrazenia_z_Bat man__Arkham_Asylum.html)I just finished watching it and I must say it sure does look pretty good

Gametrailer's Preview

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pr...n-arkham/53687 (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/preview-hd-batman-arkham/53687)

Daniel.
08-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Finally the game that batman always deserved. Im DEFINITELY buying this when it comes out.

iROYAL
08-02-2009, 11:32 AM
This game looks fun.

BustedS13
08-02-2009, 12:27 PM
i'll be grabbing this one f'sho.

FaLKoN240
08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
I stopped expecting much from video game companies.

But this one looks good.

I'll probably pick it up, or wait to borrow it.

Antihero983
08-02-2009, 03:11 PM
i've had it reserve since they announced it lol the premium edition comes with a 14" baterang!

ESmorz
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Looks pretty damn cool to me.

theronin
08-02-2009, 06:05 PM
been watching this for a while now. will be the first game ive bought in a very long time.

DrtyRat
08-03-2009, 12:01 AM
Incredible!

murda-c
08-03-2009, 12:18 AM
god killer croc looks so awesome

In my mind Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are the only voices of Batman and The Joker

LeftNutOfGowd
08-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Batman: Arkham Asylum - Demo out Friday

The Batman: Arkham Asylum demo will release this Friday, August 7, Eidos just confirmed.

Tasters for all formats - PC, 360 and PS3 - will be available.

The full game’s out August 28.

PR after the break.

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ Demo Available August 7

Monday 3rd August/…The consumer demo for Batman: Arkham Asylum™, published in the United Kingdom by Eidos Interactive, will be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 entertainment system and Games For Windows® LIVE worldwide on August 7. The full game will be available at retail stores nationwide in the United Kingdom beginning August 28th.

The demo will be offered on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Network for the PLAYSTATION 3. Fans can visit www.batmanarkhamasylum.com (http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/) for details on how to download the Games For Windows LIVE version.

The Batman: Arkham Asylum™ demo opens as the DARK KNIGHT and COMMISSIONER GORDON return The Joker back into confinement at ARKHAM ASYLUM. But things soon fall apart as THE JOKER gains the upper hand and springs a trap, setting Arkham Asylum’s occupants upon Batman. The demo offers gamers a taste of the fierce FreeFlow™ combat system, the cunning stealth of the Invisible Predator™ mechanic, and the feeling of becoming the WORLD’S GREATEST DETECTIVE as they navigate Arkham Asylum’s imposing Intensive Treatment facility. Players can unlock character bios, as well as get a sneak peak at some of the infamous foes that BATMAN will encounter within the cavernous and macabre confines of Arkham Asylum.

Featuring amazing graphics within an intense, immersive setting, Batman: Arkham Asylum™ exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum – Gotham City’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies, and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains, including Harley Quinn, Bane, Killer Croc and Poison Ivy, and the newly revealed Scarecrow, who have taken over the asylum.

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ has been rated BBFC 15 in the United Kingdom. For more information on the title, please visit: www.batmanarkhamasylum.com (http://www.batmanarkhamasylum.com/).

VG247 » Blog Archive » Batman demo out this Friday (http://www.vg247.com/2009/08/03/batman-demo-out-this-friday/)

mr2turbo122
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
^^^can't wait for the demo!!!

LeftNutOfGowd
08-21-2009, 09:58 AM
The game finally leaked out last night cant wait to get home and download this shit and see what its all about

Adeadcurrent
08-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Waited in line at Gamestop tonight and picked it up with a buddy. Looks solid, controls are smooth. Hey a comic/movie video game that doesn't suck unicorn testicles.

Fries
08-25-2009, 06:31 AM
Youre going to be pissed at the "battle worn" battarang. Its bascially a scratched up, plastic McDonalds toy that is mounted to a stand. :(

Will love dealing with people that bought this today ....:-/

AznDrftr.
08-25-2009, 07:17 AM
i actually really like this game :)

fliprayzin240sx
08-25-2009, 07:42 AM
So worth buying or just rent it? I'd hate to burn $60 for something that ill play for 10 mins and never touch again...

LeftNutOfGowd
08-25-2009, 08:03 AM
I played the game on Saturday and after about a day and a half I have already passed it I must say it is a easy game and the replay value I must say is somewhat low unless your a achievement whore but after all is said and done I must admit it is a great batman game but it might have just been a little to hyped up for what it offered

fliprayzin240sx
08-25-2009, 08:19 AM
I played the game on Saturday and after about a day and a half I have already passed it I must say it is a easy game and the replay value I must say is somewhat low unless your a achievement whore but after all is said and done I must admit it is a great batman game but it might have just been a little to hyped up for what it offered

So how much you want for it? :p

LeftNutOfGowd
08-25-2009, 08:51 AM
So how much you want for it? :p

Do you have a modded xbox that can play burnt games

Future240
08-25-2009, 10:05 AM

So basically I just read rent it, or wait till amazon/ebay sells it for like 15 bucks. K thanks.

meteorite_flo
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Lucky I came into this thread, my friends are hyped about this game. Thanks for the link Leftnutofgowd.

silviaguy240
08-28-2009, 01:19 AM
havent finished yet, but im like 25% through and must say that this is a good game and is how batman is supposed to be. dark and fucked up. if you like that cartoony shit you probably wont like it, but if you like the OOLLLDDD comics and the newest movies you will like this game.

Matej
08-28-2009, 02:16 AM
So watching the video I was expecting Joker to have some elaborate escape planned, but I guess he was really counting on that pretending to trip and overpowering anyone who is with him move to work.

aznpoopy
08-28-2009, 11:20 AM
havent finished yet, but im like 25% through and must say that this is a good game and is how batman is supposed to be. dark and fucked up. if you like that cartoony shit you probably wont like it, but if you like the OOLLLDDD comics and the newest movies you will like this game.

actually, if you like the old cartoon (from the 90s), you will love this game. the story was written by paul dini (same guy who did the 90's cartoon) and alot of the voices are from the cartoon (kevin conroy - batman, mark hamil - joker being the big two).

the mature stuff is basically stuff dini was always trying to write into the cartoon but couldn't (which is why it was so good in the first place).

the visual style, on the other hand, is actually from the recent comic books (specifically, jim lee style), which is also very dark.