PDA

View Full Version : RP Sport S13 Subframe braces

Geno750
07-31-2009, 05:30 PM
I was John's very first purchase for a set of these, and had planned to post this much sooner, but other parts for the car held me up.

These were the final component I needed to finish setting up the car. I was originally going to just make my own set, but I didn't know which kind of metal to use, nor did I know what installing (originally missing on my car) would do to the handling. I'll admit, it would of probably been cheaper if I made my own but consider this. If making your own braces, you have to have or buy much more metal than is needed to just make the two brackets. You will also have to go out and find/buy all the hardware and then cut & drill the holes. This can be a royal pain in the ass, and time consuming. So for me, these are a great value. The install is so easy I'm not going to bother explaining it.

My car has a full SPL multi link in both front and rear sans the lower control arms. I thought the car handled great before, but the RP Sport bars ended up making a huge difference. Just to be sure it wasn't psychosomatic, I installed them on a friends car (without his knowledge) after he brought it over so I could fix his rear brake caliper. Immediately he noticed a change in his car's handling, and was asking what I did.

To test, there are a few roads nearby that are very windy, and with the bracers, the car felt much more planted.

Intalled pics:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3438/3776583032_e0b61bf3ca.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2601/3776586764_3ed23f5698.jpg

Thanks John.

johngriff
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Hahaha no Thank you! You Charles are the Alpha for this part! You are a great customer and one of my best over the years!

I am glad you enjoyed the braces! They really are an easy and cheap upgrade. I think you hit the nail on the head that running around getting supplies, cutting, materials time and finish work is probably more money and allot more time wasted than waiting just a few days, unpacking and bolting them on!

John

khmer1
01-23-2011, 10:17 AM
old thread like a motha but hell does any one else sell something similar to this

240Zfunahollic
01-24-2011, 10:54 PM
you can make them. I can give you measurements and whatnot for the braces. and btw FUCK JOHN GRIFF HE STOLE FROM ME. I HOPE HE IS STILL IN JAIL GETTING HIS ASS POUNDED NIGHTLY AND BEAT TO THE GROUND DURING THE DAY.

bardabe
01-24-2011, 11:00 PM
I have them in production now. will be selling them soon AND i will be picking up where John Left off.

240Zfunahollic
01-24-2011, 11:10 PM
when you say pick up where john left off does that mean you know him?

240Zfunahollic
01-24-2011, 11:11 PM
i bought a shim tool from him and never got it...

nieko
01-26-2011, 01:57 AM
You can make that yourself too.

How-To SR Valve Shimming. - Socal-Drift (http://socal-drift.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3112)

godrifttoday
01-26-2011, 02:01 AM
If u got the tools and place to buy the material this should cost no more than 4-5 bucks... The price of the metal.... And using bolts

DamianN.
09-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Can't find where to buy these???

jr_ss
09-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Can't find where to buy these???

That's because they aren't made anymore... Find some flat sheet steel and make your own.

DamianN.
09-29-2011, 01:41 PM
That is some thick sheet metal. PS I don't have a garage to work on things (limited tools). I only have a parking space in my apartment building.

jr_ss
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
That is some thick sheet metal. PS I don't have a garage to work on things (limited tools). I only have a parking space in my apartment building.

You can have any machine shop make em for relatively cheap. Get dimensions between holes, spec 1/4in steel and have them make them an inch wide with your holes the given measurement between.

DamianN.
09-29-2011, 02:08 PM
You can have any machine shop make em for relatively cheap. Get dimensions between holes, spec 1/4in steel and have them make them an inch wide with your holes the given measurement between.

Thanks that is the best plan. Thanks again.

shalezzz
02-19-2012, 04:43 PM
I have them in production now. will be selling them soon AND i will be picking up where John Left off.

Lol bumping a somewhat old thread but I wonder If John had it written down somewhere how I got burnt for a part that he kept telling me was in process of cOmpleteing till the dispute window was up and than never responded. My fault I guess Btw

S-Nation S13
03-25-2012, 09:04 AM
Are these still available ? Lol thread from the dead but my shit is twisted ..

shalezzz
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Are these still available ? Lol thread from the dead but my shit is twisted ..

Not unless you wanna pay pal him and never get the product :lockd: