PDA

View Full Version : Blacktop sr with no spark? Anyone??

nikkirocksox
07-31-2009, 01:42 AM
I've got an s14 Blacktop. I swapped the ignitor chip into my boyfriend's car, fired right up. Checked the wiring to and from and they all have correct voltage on power and ground. So that's ruled out. Checked the cam angle sensor. same situation. There's power and ground running to each of the plugs. Also the correct volts, bla bla bla.... And still no spark. Last on the list is the ecu. It's not allowing us to get into the diagnostic mode, nor will it communicate with my buddy's modis scan tool. but i don't see how the ecu would just crap out?? Any ideas or advice on the matter would be much appreciated. Thanks guys :)

nikkirocksox
07-31-2009, 11:45 AM
Please guys :/ haha. I need some help!

KiLLeR2001
07-31-2009, 05:24 PM
My ECU just decided to crap out on me one day. Does your fuel pump prime up at all?

nikkirocksox
08-05-2009, 12:56 PM
yeah... definately getting fuel pressure...

BlackTopS13
08-07-2009, 02:41 PM
Its very easy for your ecu to just take a walk. If you have checked everything else you may have just blown a driver in the ecu which runs power for the spark. I drive a blacktop S13 but work for volkswagon and ecus go all the time its not all that uncommon. see if you can get one with the same part umber and try it.

yokotavia
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
try changing the coilpack harness. those like to take shits on you too.
make sure its grounded on the back of the block aswell

Five_5Zigen_4
08-12-2009, 08:54 PM
Hey crazies!! Its Jason, dude with the white s13 doing the swap...see you guys at the LTA every once in a while...you guys ever figure this thing out?? I'm honestly thinking ECU as well...might wanna see if you can find one on the cheap :)