PDA

View Full Version : (Feeler) Stealth-Custom-Fab S13 fender braces

Jonnie Fraz
07-31-2009, 12:01 AM
Ok boys and girls...I am very close to the release of the S13 fender braces and I want to get a feel for how big they are going to be. I have a couple sets out as a pre-release/ R&D phase. So far the feedback has been great.

Here are a few pics.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/new-fender-braces.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Fraz-Man-One/New-fender-braces-2.jpg

Price will be around $150.00 for a set plus shipping.

Tell me what you guys think.

Take care
Jonnie

Def
07-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Have you thought about triangulating the two bars?

What about picking up both the upper door hinge bolts instead of just one?

The triangulation would add quite a bit of stiffness to the braces.

sicj
07-31-2009, 01:06 PM
Have you thought about triangulating the two bars?

What about picking up both the upper door hinge bolts instead of just one?

The triangulation would add quite a bit of stiffness to the braces.

EVERYTHING he said...

triangulate the two and add the sencond bolt to the top brace and I will buy a set!

Can we get a side shot to see the thinckness of the tube size?

punxva
07-31-2009, 03:25 PM
i'd be interested in a pair

Jonnie Fraz
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
EVERYTHING he said...

triangulate the two and add the sencond bolt to the top brace and I will buy a set!

I will look at putting the third bar in, but most of the bracing is done with the lower bar.
As for the double bolts on the top, I did that on purpose so you would not have to take all four of the door bolts out to mount them.
I will try to get some of the test pilots to chime in to let you guys know what they think.

Thanks for the input
Jonnie

Def
08-01-2009, 07:29 AM
The bottom bar is in tension/bending, the top is in compression bending. Triangulating them keeps the bending component to a minimum.

What's the weight on the bars?

Pirate_Freder
08-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I'd take a pair. How far out are these?

I also need to get one of your front strut bars and your tension arm brace. BTW, you ever looked at doing a FSTB like rotorimp did where it braces against the firewall? I would love one like that + a master cylinder stopper if you can make one

95KA-Turbo
08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
I didn't have any issues with taking all 4 of my door bolts off on my S14 when I installed my URAS fender braces. I just did two at a time, and you put them back in loose so you can move the brace enough to take out the other two. The doors stay put even with only a few threads on each of the 4 bolts, haha.

Just offering some suggestions.

Nacho_240
08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
At this price, I would def snatch a set! Will the install be a bolt-on affair?

brokeAs240sx
08-13-2009, 05:52 PM
At this price, I would def snatch a set! Will the install be a bolt-on affair?

Completely bolt-on. I have my review of these on one of Jonnie Fraz's other threads. Highly recommended. Definitely helped tighten up the front end.

Only warning: for those w/ aftermarket fenders w/ those vents in the center, you will have to modify it accordingly because the bar will hit it; this is an issue with fender braces in general, not just Jonnie's.

Nacho_240
08-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Completely bolt-on. I have my review of these on one of Jonnie Fraz's other threads. Highly recommended. Definitely helped tighten up the front end.

Only warning: for those w/ aftermarket fenders w/ those vents in the center, you will have to modify it accordingly because the bar will hit it; this is an issue with fender braces in general, not just Jonnie's.

That's good to hear. I searched his other threads but didn't find the review. Could you lead/link me to it? And thx for the heads up brokeas240sx :bigok:

BTW, i think i saw you and your vert at UCI once by the engineering parking structure. You're ride is very nice! :bigok:

brokeAs240sx
08-14-2009, 03:39 PM
That's good to hear. I searched his other threads but didn't find the review. Could you lead/link me to it? And thx for the heads up brokeas240sx :bigok:

BTW, i think i saw you and your vert at UCI once by the engineering parking structure. You're ride is very nice! :bigok:

Yea, that's the one; I rarely drive that car around anymore since I have a daily driver now, haha.

You didn't see my post because it was in a Premium Member thread, so here it is copied out for you:

Received one of Jonnie's (pre-release?) fender braces! Fits perfect chassis-wise. Even works for s13 convertible guys (we have a factory brace) w/ a lil hammering - will leave a small gap where it mounts toward the front, though (no clue if that really affects anything in the long run - a small flat flange or piece of metal should fix that right up). This setup worked great in combination w/ the other front reinforcement parts I got for the car - you can definitely feel it in the turns @ autox.

http://www.bewbews.com/pictures/3/2821.jpg

http://www.bewbews.com/pictures/3/2825.jpg

http://www.bewbews.com/pictures/3/2823.jpg

Only bad thing at all is that aftermarket wide fenders w/ vents will not clear the brace. It looks like this is an issue with pretty much any triangular brace tho:

http://www.bewbews.com/pictures/3/2829.jpg

These fenders were nearly flush before. I don't care much for these fenders anyway, so not a big deal - but others considering buying any kind of fender brace should take this into account.

Jonnie Fraz
08-14-2009, 05:15 PM
Hey buddy thanks for posting up the install pics. I tottally spaced that these were going on a vert, with that extra brace, I could have sent you some spacers to kick them out a bit.

Nacho_240
08-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Thx brokeas240sx! So when are these going on sale Jonnie?

MikeisNissan
08-15-2009, 04:42 PM
no s14 love?

Souljahzs13
08-15-2009, 05:13 PM
EVERYTHING he said...

I'm with these guys, I also pick up a set just let me know when they are ready

Jonnie Fraz
08-15-2009, 11:52 PM
no s14 love?

Check out my web site...

http://mestiso.net/photogallery/mys14/CIMG3284.jpg

Ask Luke how he likes his set.

And as far as the tubing... it is the weirdest size I could find...lol. It is 1-1/4" by 1/2". This shit is tough...on the S13 braces there is a bend in the lower tube. On the prototypes I did not relief cut the tube. I had to get it red hot to make the bend even with my bender.

nismolism
08-16-2009, 12:18 AM
im intrested in these forsure

xpertsnowcarver
08-16-2009, 12:29 AM
I was about to say, give us premie's a discount, but its already a damn good deal. There isn't anything else to say. I'll be PMing you very very soon.

Next thing you should make are C-Pillar and Trunk braces!! GTSpec needs some competition.

Rogue240sx
08-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Put me down for a Pair. Def want to see the other bar in there too though. Keep up the good fab work!

satal95
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm down for a set since i do have all of your other pieces. Have been waiting for this one for a while now lmk

Rogue240sx
10-13-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm also patiently waiting for these to be released. Please let us know when you're ready.

xanu8isx
10-24-2009, 09:46 AM
im interested in the braces all so let me when u start releasing it too.

PoorMans180SX
10-26-2009, 09:15 PM
I would definitely be in for a pair.

Actually I need to buy all of your braces. Had your tension brace on my first car and loved it.

Jonnie Fraz
10-26-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm down for a set since i do have all of your other pieces. Have been waiting for this one for a while now lmk

I'm also patiently waiting for these to be released. Please let us know when you're ready.

im interested in the braces all so let me when u start releasing it too.

I would definitely be in for a pair.

Actually I need to buy all of your braces. Had your tension brace on my first car and loved it.

These are avalible! I do have a Preemie member discount as always, just PM me and I will give you the scoop.

winter
12-11-2009, 12:48 PM
What is the point of a fender brace again? I don't see any really, please enlighten me, great welds btw.

blu808
01-10-2010, 04:18 AM
The point of the fender brace is simple. The S chassis have a problem with their lower "frame rails" These are unibody cars, and since the chassis is doesnt actually act as a frame, it relies on just the sheet metal for all the strength. The fender braces fix an issue that our cars have, the lower unibody frame rails end pretty much at the fire wall, and the top of the strut tower which has all the suspended weight is only supported by the upper rail. Which ends at the forward door bulkhead. By connecting the front upper rail and the door mounting points you eliminate a bunch of flex. I run Stealth Custom Fab front strut tower bars, and Fender Braces on my car. They make a huge difference. You would think this opinion is biased. But it is completely true. My car would actually get random understeer and other uncontrollable things before. Even when we ran advan slicks the car felt solid with them. I suggest you guys buy his products. Everything I made here in the USA, and he stands behind his work.

mestizo
01-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Listen to Luke, he knows what he is talking about!

Also you would think I am biased about Jonnie's parts, but they wouldn't be on my car or any other car for that matter if they didn't actually work.

sleeper108
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
I would definitely order a set, as soon as i acquire funds, and sort out bills

SWAT Team S14
02-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Any word on the S14 version?

Jakob
02-22-2010, 04:06 PM
blue808 has an s14 so i guess it fits both?! feel free to correct me if im wrong!

edit: check out his site

mestizo
02-23-2010, 12:43 AM
Any word on the S14 version?

blue808 has an s14 so i guess it fits both?! feel free to correct me if im wrong!

edit: check out his site

Jonnie now makes Fender Braces for both S13 and S14. Feel free to PM or E mail him about ordering.

Rob

Stealth-Custom-Fab.
03-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Mestiso, and Luke are correct... We build them for both the S13 and S14 chassis.
Thanks guys so much for the support.

We do offer discounts for both premium members and package deals (two or more products). Please contact me for both discounts and avalibility at [email protected]

Thanks

dorramider7
10-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I'd take a pair. How far out are these?

I also need to get one of your front strut bars and your tension arm brace. BTW, you ever looked at doing a FSTB like rotorimp did where it braces against the firewall? I would love one like that + a master cylinder stopper if you can make one

I didn't have any issues with taking all 4 of my door bolts off on my S14 when I installed my URAS fender braces. I just did two at a time, and you put them back in loose so you can move the brace enough to take out the other two. The doors stay put even with only a few threads on each of the 4 bolts, haha.

Just offering some suggestions.