PDA

View Full Version : the DEATHNOTE thread

udon!
07-29-2009, 10:27 PM
well, i see all these other anime threads and shiz, and to be quite frank, naruto and allthose will never be as good as deathnote.

so how many of you wach/ have watched all of the series?

My fav character is prolly a tie between

NEAR:
http://www.deathnote.tv/images/pics/death-note-28.jpg

L:

http://firstmemories.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/l.jpg

So what do you guys think about deathnote?

I think the story line is so very kick ass, whoever wrote this shit is genius.

erikshift
07-29-2009, 10:40 PM
I thought season 1 was the shit, kinda got ridiculous when near and the other "L" like kids came along. Nonetheless it did kick ass, my favorite character was Light because of his scheming ways.

meteorite_flo
07-29-2009, 10:51 PM
What? Those were your favorites? HAHA WOW. Light Yagami was my favorite because he is a pimp, and he fucks with people's mind. This is one of those series where I have a hard time stopping myself to watch the next episode; it's just that addicting.

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
the ending was uber fay, but well deserve

ManoNegra
07-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Great series, very well done
good payoff and didn't overstayed it's welcome
one of my favorite recent series

and don't be bad-mouthing Naruto...

udon!
07-29-2009, 11:30 PM
yeah this anime is really addicting lol it kept me up till 4:00 am on school nights lol

i know that there is this one guy that has a deathnote themed AE86 lol its pretty sick.
he has the shinigami plush and shit hanging from his window and a KIRA sticker on his windshield lol.

i wonder if hes on here.

udon!
07-29-2009, 11:31 PM
yeah this anime is really addicting lol it kept me up till 4:00 am on school nights lol

i know that there is this one guy that has a deathnote themed AE86 lol its pretty sick.
he has the shinigami plush and shit hanging from his window and a KIRA sticker on his windshield lol.

i wonder if hes on here.

shishcabobers
07-29-2009, 11:32 PM
I watched some of it and honestly I thought it was stupid because the episodes that I watched basically had random people giving the death note and dying. Got sick of watching the same stuff after a couple episodes. Not my cup of tea. Then again maybe it got more in depth later on, never bothered to watch the rest.

adam s
07-29-2009, 11:34 PM
This was the shit, I just absolutely hate the last episode, I think they should have left it completely hanging, that was the whole thing about the show, you never knew what the fuck was gonna happen next haha.

And don't go knocking Naruto, inside of every man lives a little 15 year old boy who loves this shit. Let him out, let him play. and last but not least let him watch Naruto.

Touge Noob S13
07-29-2009, 11:39 PM
My favorite characters would have to be Mikami and Light, F-ing g's right there. This was a great anime, lots of "holy shit!" moments and great action.

HyperTek
07-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I watched some of it and honestly I thought it was stupid because the episodes that I watched basically had random people giving the death note and dying. Got sick of watching the same stuff after a couple episodes. Not my cup of tea. Then again maybe it got more in depth later on, never bothered to watch the rest.

its best to start with teh first episode of any anime your gonna watch, and sometimes it takes a few episodes to drag you into it. so you have to watch them in order.

The first episode got me hooked on it. yeah the end was kinda rotten though, wish he could have continued. It was a great short anime series too one of the best Ive seen.

2 other great series i wish they would continue : Black Lagoon and Capeta.

!Zar!
07-30-2009, 02:23 AM
The end of the series sucks.

/thread

meteorite_flo
07-30-2009, 02:26 AM
The ending does leave you saying, "WTF!?" The live action is even worse.