PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Assassin Movie

exitspeed
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
IGN Video: Ninja Assassin Movie Trailer - Trailer (http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/14235284/ninja-assassin/videos/ninjaassassin_trl_072809.html)

New Wachowski Bros movie! Return to some action. It's so cliche but looks so awesome.

Future240
07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
I dont know about this one. After their last cluster fuck, and their fucking up of the matrix story line I am approaching this one with caution.

Trailer looks interesting. I see the matrix sounds effects have been dusted off.

Antihero983
07-29-2009, 01:17 PM
what was their last movie?

Bobadrift
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
At least they used asians for the roles. Now I wonder if they're actually Japanese. HAHA!

Oh and their last movie was Speed Racer I believe. Glad I never watched that one.

Antihero983
07-29-2009, 02:02 PM
lol oh....I kinda liked that movie....oops!

**edit

a secret world of assasins? didn't hitman already bring us to this world? haven't we realized this world of assasins sucks in anything but video game form?

Bobadrift
07-29-2009, 02:24 PM
At least in Hitman I didn't mind the hot Russian chick. HAHA! Nudity FTW!

exitspeed
07-29-2009, 02:47 PM
I dunno. I have faith in them. Sure they did make some crappy movies but they DID make the Matrix and is still one of the best Sci-Fi/Action movies of all time. So they have it in them.

ronmcdon
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM
I like the Wachowskis as well.

They may or may not be able to deliver an interesting plot or a film with much emotional and/or intellectual depth,
BUT you cannot deny they are capable of delivering some very intense action sequences,
creative choreography, and some very fun shots.
In terms of pure visuals, they are top notch technically and artistically.

They are only producing here, and that's kinda vague as to their involement.
some producers pretty much run the whole show, some offer zero creative input.
From the looks of the trailer, it seems that their influence is definitely there.

BTW, it is rated R.
that's usually good sign of things to come, in any film genre.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Ninja_Assassin_poster.jpg

rokmplutonium
07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
At least they used asians for the roles. Now I wonder if they're actually Japanese. HAHA!

Oh and their last move was Speed Racer I believe. Glad I never watched that one.

The actor looks like he's Rain. A korean singer/actor.

Future240
07-29-2009, 03:38 PM
I dunno. I have faith in them. Sure they did make some crappy movies but they DID make the Matrix and is still one of the best Sci-Fi/Action movies of all time. So they have it in them.

Action wise, the matrix movies were good. Story wise, the first one was good. The second and third were cluster fucks of story lines.

TheWolf
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
This movie could have been like ninja gaiden and would be sold out for like 4 years....

theronin
07-29-2009, 06:08 PM
the name alone already has my 11 bucks.

DreEzed
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
I wish he was using a KAMA not that little dagger.

hellaslows13
07-29-2009, 06:27 PM
Looks good..will definitely be checking this out. Glad it doesnt have that Kill Bill Sin City style to it.

FaLKoN240
07-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Did anyone like that energizer ad before the preview? That girl is pretty hot...

I'm still waiting for the video to load up.

kurissuS13
07-29-2009, 09:33 PM
The actor looks like he's Rain. A korean singer/actor.

it actually is. this is his second big hollywood movie. oddly enough, his first big hollywood movie was Speed Racer, another Wachowski Bros movie. i don't know if that fact is supposed to bode well for Ninja Assassin, but oh well...

besides, Rain already has one American fan, a Ms. Megan Fox. while in South Korea promoting Transformers:RotF, she was trying to hook up with Rain. i think she wants the Rain on her face. :naughty:

rokmplutonium
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Rain already has one American fan, a Ms. Megan Fox. while in South Korea promoting Transformers:RotF, she was trying to hook up with Rain. i think she wants the Rain on her face. :naughty:

Looks like Megan Fox caught yellow fever too.

LeftNutOfGowd
07-30-2009, 07:21 AM
Oh great now were gonna have a bunch of brainwashed ninja assassins running around after this movie lol. Brainwashing is so easy

Bobadrift
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh great now were gonna have a bunch of brainwashed ninja assassins running around after this movie lol. Brainwashing is so easy

Yes we will. Just like the douchebag, wanna-be, MMA guys in tight shirts that run rampant around the OC.

ronmcdon
07-31-2009, 07:11 AM
better ninja wannabes (or anything for that matter) than 'Ed-Hardy' bros.

Flipzide
11-27-2009, 09:29 PM
bump.

I saw the movie today and I loved it :).

DALAZ_68
11-27-2009, 09:31 PM
i need to see this!

urmyhero4now
11-27-2009, 09:33 PM

Yes we will. Just like the douchebag, wanna-be, MMA guys in tight shirts that run rampant around the OC.

:rofl::duh: so true boba.

ZilviaKid
11-27-2009, 11:10 PM
i just saw it.

SO GOOD

Om1kron
11-28-2009, 12:53 AM
this shit was fucking buckwild man.

SochBAT
11-28-2009, 03:05 AM
When i first saw the billboards, i thought, "Good god is that fucking redundant. Aren't ninjas fucking assassins anyways? As if ninjas could pick up another career... Ninja Plumbers, 'Like it was never there'. WTF."

Then I read WatchOutSki brothers/sisters.

They are seriously the new-age Jerry Bruckheimer. Exploding trains simply by throwing a water bottle.

IIIXziuR
11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
^ that was funny Soooshi bro. I LAWL'D. Ninja Plumbers.

qt_240
11-28-2009, 12:33 PM
i really enjoyed this movie.. everyone watch it..

silverarrow27
11-28-2009, 02:22 PM
When i first saw the billboards, i thought, "Good god is that fucking redundant. Aren't ninjas fucking assassins anyways? As if ninjas could pick up another career... Ninja Plumbers, 'Like it was never there'. WTF."

Then I read WatchOutSki brothers/sisters.

They are seriously the new-age Jerry Bruckheimer. Exploding trains simply by throwing a water bottle.

You've got me cracking up. Funny shit! :l101:

Om1kron
11-28-2009, 02:25 PM
When i first saw the billboards, i thought, "Good god is that fucking redundant. Aren't ninjas fucking assassins anyways?

the title sounds redundant if you don't know what the movie is about... they could've called it ninja vs ninjas but that would've been fucking retarded. One rogue ninja assasinates another clan of ninja's... makes sense to me.

jonski coupe
11-28-2009, 03:20 PM
hell..i'm in. need something to watch this weekend.

Silkroad FC
11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Han from TD was in the beginning. And Johnny Tran was the main assassin's older brother. It was a entertaining movie, pretty gory, I liked it.

simmode1
11-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Saw the movie last night. T'was action packed awesomeness.

Finally! Johnny Tran gets his!:mrmeph: That was even better than seeing Bow Wow get beat up in TD...lol

NismoB13
11-28-2009, 03:32 PM
I thought they looked familiar.
Watched it last night and enjoyed it.
Forget guns, it's all about ninja weapons. haha

SochBAT
11-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Are there any titties flying in this movie?

If so, I'm DLing my copy right now.

tricky_ab
11-28-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm planning to check this out sometime next week...I there were some slow bits but overall it was entertaining...

JayDee M Rolly
11-29-2009, 04:17 AM
movie was not that great, id rather play ninja gaiden. same fucking deal.

fuck the story, and overall fuck the movie. the action was whatever, you can have all the action you want but if it doesnt have atleast a fucking plot to go with it then wtf is the point.

this movie made me laugh ALOT though, good comedy.

simmode1
11-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Man, fuck plot/dialog/storylines. If you want that stuff, go watch "Brothers" next week. Ninjas aren't known for talking. They are known for killing. They do alot of it in this movie. And they do it awesomely. :rofl:

Another buddy of mine was kind of upset by the physics of Raizo's bladed chain, saying it was too powerful and that thing cut thru shit like a damned lightsaber. I says to him... "Dude, everybody knows Ninjas > Physics." Suspend your disbelief for this feature, gentlemen.

And yes... I immediatly went home to play Ninja Gaiden after watching this movie. More awesomeness.

ESmorz
11-29-2009, 02:55 PM
It was brutal but the cgi blood killed a lot of the effect of the br00talness.

I also found myself pretty bored a lot of the time.

JayDee M Rolly
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
yeah but ninja's are known for stealthy killings, none of this mass murder ninja gaiden shit that i could easily do in the game.

why pay someone else money to make a shittier version?

FRpilot
11-29-2009, 03:26 PM

i thought Ninjas were spies first (and only fight to get out of a sticky situation like Snake from metal gear solid). Although, I think there is a small population of Ninjas whom are murder for hire (hitmen)

Another buddy of mine was kind of upset by the physics of Raizo's bladed chain, saying it was too powerful and that thing cut thru shit like a damned lightsaber. I says to him... "Dude, everybody knows Ninjas > Physics." Suspend your disbelief for this feature, gentlemen.

i hate it when people nitpick at the tiniest little things. just enjoy the movie man, even "based on a true story" movies are not 100% accurate.

!Zar!
11-29-2009, 04:02 PM
First off,
Ninja Assasian is a redundant ass title.

Second, the blood was WAY too fake and digital.

Third, the movie was a let down and the only interesting part was the fight at the end between the Sensei and dude ninja.

Fourth, speaking of fights. Why does everyone get sliced they lost limbs and fell in half pretty much ended up dead like a lil bitch, yet when main character dude gets sliced it was just a cut. WTF?

Overall, movie wasn't what as good as I expected.

240sxcure
11-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I don't see how "Ninja Assassin" is a redundant title.

Ninjas were known for espionage, sabotage, and assassinations. Their job function wasn't just killing as portrayed in this movie.

But for the realm that this storyline exists, I think "Ninja Assassins" is a fine.

simmode1
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Possible Spoiler! Read at your own risk!

Can someone answer a question about the movie that wasn't very clear to me though?

The movie references 'The 9 Clans' several times. Raizo was from the Azuma clan. That chick in the laundrymat was from some other clan. Does this mean that there were at least 9 other training facilities besides Raizo's or do all the clans send representatives to that one location for training? If there are other training dojos, I smell sequel...

Question is ninja encoded above... lol

zspeedrft
11-29-2009, 10:42 PM
just saw it....not too bad..lots of blood :)

zspeedrft
11-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Possible Spoiler! Read at your own risk!

Can someone answer a question about the movie that wasn't very clear to me though?

The movie references 'The 9 Clans' several times. Raizo was from the Azuma clan. That chick in the laundrymat was from some other clan. Does this mean that there were at least 9 other training facilities besides Raizo's or do all the clans send representatives to that one location for training? If there are other training dojos, I smell sequel...

Question is ninja encoded above... lol

i bleieve there were 9 other facilities..

!Zar!
11-29-2009, 10:44 PM
I don't see how "Ninja Assassin" is a redundant title.

Ninjas were known for espionage, sabotage, and assassinations. Their job function wasn't just killing as portrayed in this movie.

But for the realm that this storyline exists, I think "Ninja Assassins" is a fine.

You just agreed with me and then argued something I didn't even talk about.

But if you must go there, all the ninjas did was try to kill the main dude.

That's assassination. By ninjas. And what did those ninjas do in this movie? Assassinate.

HyperTek
11-29-2009, 11:23 PM
so is this like the 300 of ninja movies? i didnt like 300 thought it looked too fantasy.

foreverdark
11-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Saw it last night with the wifey. We both liked it alot. The story was typical, action was great abd blood regardless of cgi were pretty cool.

ESmorz
11-30-2009, 01:40 AM
so is this like the 300 of ninja movies? i didnt like 300 thought it looked too fantasy.

This movie is nothing like 300.

Don't even put them in the same sentence.

whoisfelix
11-30-2009, 07:10 AM
I just saw this last night. I dug it. I know a few people who hated it though and I can see why but who cares? It's supposed to be a non stop action flick. It was. Success!

DALAZ_68
11-30-2009, 08:44 AM

LOL omfg thank you for the trueth... :D

exitspeed
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Overall, movie wasn't what as good as I expected.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds like you were expecting too much.

It was a Wachowski Brothers movie called Ninja Assassin.

!Zar!
11-30-2009, 10:16 AM
That's what I was wondering. Even though when it comes to movies I don't really care if it does/doesn't come out. But after seeing the trailer I thought it would've been better than it was. But instead they just took all the best scenes from the movie and everything else in between was a filler it felt like.

But I mean it was cool I guess. Didn't feel like I was robbed or anything.

napaKAliboog
11-30-2009, 11:08 AM
I guess i've been brainwashed... i've been bojutsu since 2nd grade =0P so the movie might be kool if it keeps it's moves 3d

ESmorz
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
It's supposed to be a non stop action flick. It was. Success!

You thought it was non-stop action? I almost fell asleep like 3 times. The actors were far too awful to give them as much time as they did to tell the "story".

I had to watch Enter the Dragon last night so I could get the bad taste out of my mouth.

This movie would have been 10x's better if they used buckets and buckets of red dye and corn syrup, didn't make the Ninjas move like the vampires in Queen of the Damned, shortened up the flashbacks a bit, and made the fight sequences a little more less shaky camera and more visible beat down. Yeah sure cutting off limbs is cool, but when it looks like House of the Dead 3 when it happens I am not impressed. Plus the CGI chain knife deal was just awful. Slow it down a bit, use real weapons, add more carnage chop socky style.

The only thing that could have salvaged this movie in it's current form is if it was 3d. I mean the whole time it looked like I was watching Journey to the Center of the Earth without the 3d glasses.

Ugh.

BustedS13
11-30-2009, 01:09 PM
i read a negative review saying it was nonstop gore.
i was very disappointed when the gore kept stopping for backstory. this would have been a much more enjoyable movie if it was just that dude slashing ninja for two hours. i don't care WHY he's doing it.
also the blood could have been a couple shades darker. it looked like he was chopping up balloons full of neon paint.

4DOOR_LIFE
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
went to see the movie last night with a friend. there was hella gore, more than some zombie movies ive seen.haha. it definitely couldve been re-written into a way better movie. the fight scenes were super awesome, but the story was kind of weak. couldve done without most of the flashbacks, or maybe have more meaningful ones.

the blood was way too fake as everyone said. its funny to think the majority of those ninjas didnt die, they will just have to continue their ninja lives with missing limbs.lol

save yourself the admission price.

i know ninjas use the shadows to their advantage. but i didnt know they can move as fast as the Flash while theyre in the darkness?

JayDee M Rolly
11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
yes esmorz, im not the only one thats sane.

2-3 of my friends fell asleep through this movie as well, i was about to fall asleep because this movie is DAMN boring. the part that woke me up is the ending action scene because it made me LMFAO.

sleep
11-30-2009, 10:16 PM
whoever hasn't seen "Fearless" that has posted in this thread...............

Needs to run out, and buy it immediately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42NWMluhlfk
Incredible (true) storline, even better fights............

BustedS13
11-30-2009, 11:06 PM
This movie is nothing like 300.

Don't even put them in the same sentence.
word. Ninja Assassin wasn't latently homoerotic :axe: