PDA

View Full Version : can some please answer this question

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
why is it that all the "ghetto" people an all the wannabes have to do everything that they hear in a song,

nelly-air force one, everyone had to wear air force ones
mac dre-thizzle dance, everyone all the sudden has to thizz
the vans song-every all the sudden has to wear vans

and now this whole jerkin thing, what the fuck is that, please take your skinny jeans off and give em back to your sister.

VROOOM
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
I have no idea what your talking about. i guess im old.

Future240
07-29-2009, 10:28 AM
why is it that all the "ghetto" people an all the wannabes have to do everything that they hear in a song,

nelly-air force one, everyone had to wear air force ones
mac dre-thizzle dance, everyone all the sudden has to thizz

and now this whole jerkin thing, what the fuck is that, please take your skinny jeans off and give em back to your sister.

First off to say it is just ghetto people is wrong, and somewhat on the racist side. 2nd off it is the one of the way young american culture works. I will not say all, but a lot of the people who are into heavy metal wear clothes that mimic that style of music. If you see a country concert how many people are wearing cowboy hats, boots and skinny jeans? Same thing goes for urban music.

This has been going on long before we were alive and will continue to do so. How you missed it is beyond me.

Brian
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
WEAK MINDS.

That's how.

greddy2die
07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
First off to say it is just ghetto people is wrong, and somewhat on the racist side. 2nd off it is the one of the way young american culture works. I will not say all, but a lot of the people who are into heavy metal wear clothes that mimic that style of music. If you see a country concert how many people are wearing cowboy hats, boots and skinny jeans? Same thing goes for urban music.

This has been going on long before we were alive and will continue to do so. How you missed it is beyond me.

QFT

The real question to ask if how the hell do these people consider some of the stuff out now music.

To me, its not music, granted, I do listen to some hip hop, but the kind I listen to they arent rapping about money, hoes and cars. lol

Okinawandrifter87
07-29-2009, 10:39 AM
Your retarded Zimmer lol I doubt everyone in Rosemont is "jerkin" hahaha.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 10:41 AM
what is wack is they dont stick to one thing it goes on an on of follwing and following why cant anyone just be themselves is that not cool anymore??

Future240
07-29-2009, 10:44 AM
what is wack is they dont stick to one thing it goes on an on of follwing and following why cant anyone just be themselves is that not cool anymore??

Look up humans and mimicry to find this answer.

cserrano86
07-29-2009, 10:48 AM

Vans' song? Are you talking about the Suicide Machines' Vans son?

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 10:49 AM
i have before and no matter how many times i read it, it will still blow my mind on how there is no originality anymore

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 10:50 AM
vans by the pack i think

Okinawandrifter87
07-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah its Vasns by the pack

BustedS13
07-29-2009, 10:55 AM
what's "thizz"
what's "jerkin"
i find it hard to believe there was a rap song about vans

AIR FORCE ONES IS MY JAM THOUGH, IT'S A MIDWEST THANG YALL

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 11:02 AM
thizzin is poppin ecstasy and jerkin is this stupid dance thing where you have to wear skinny jeans, its gay

cxlo8331
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
this is why i don't listen to the radio anymore.

cserrano86
07-29-2009, 11:10 AM
this is why i don't listen to the radio anymore.
2nd that... Only thing I listen to on the radio is the Kevin & Bean morning show. People on the eastside probably dont know about them though...

2_slow_40
07-29-2009, 11:13 AM
'jerkin' is sweepin the minds of junior high kids everywhere. as long as there's a new song that hits big, there will be a bunch of kids doin whatever they do on the video. no matter how retarded they look. i remember just a couple years ago, all the hiphop kids would make fun of the skinny jean kids, ("oh, your pants are too tight, you look like a girl") now they wear them too, cuz they wanna 'jerk', like the kids on the video. idk, its just how kids are, and will always be. give it some time, the 'girl pants' phase will eventually wear off, hopefully.

shishcabobers
07-29-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't know why you are so bugged in this, everybody is trendy. I mean look at the untrendy people they are being trendy for trying not to be trendy.

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
i know what you mean.. sometimes i wanna punch my homegirls for falling for this bullshit. Your a grown ass female and your into all these latest teen dance trends. I blame girls, they got the worst taste in music... and dudes will like whatever music they like just so they can get some.

You can make a song about "show ya poo stains!" and include a lil dance, get a lil radio play,.. you will change the game.. then other famous rappers will respond with their version. Can't wait til people start wearing their poo stained underwear outside their pants. hahaha

Everyone is still on teh word Swag right now

I think that Mac Dre thing is only local to your area , we dont hear that in socal.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 11:45 AM
yea mac dre came from the bay are so its more like sac oakland san fran but either way someone needs to just make a song about doin somethin so dumb that everyone does and realizes they should stop bein a copy cat

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
this single momma on my facebook posted a vid of her lil daugther doin that jerk dance.. geez future generations are gonna have horrible taste in music, that they wont appreciate the older stuff.

BustedS13
07-29-2009, 11:55 AM
I blame girls, they got the worst taste in music

Truer words have NEVER BEEN SPOKEN.

I LUV MY S13
07-29-2009, 11:57 AM
its not just ur so called "ghetto" kids, watever thats supposed to mean..

ive seen urr typical "bros" do that stupid jerk shit

shishcabobers
07-29-2009, 12:03 PM
its not just ur so called "ghetto" kids, watever thats supposed to mean..

ive seen urr typical "bros" do that stupid jerk shit

For serious, I was going into walmart and there was a bunch of bros blasting that jerkin shit in the parking lot......

flip3d
07-29-2009, 12:08 PM
LOL! Jerkin looks boss.

i like how they go from baggy ass pants to pants that are too tight.

10 years from now, pants that fit will be all the rage.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 12:19 PM
im waiting for the day that a rap song about wearing daisy dukes comes out then all the "bros" are wearing daisy dukes hahaha

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 12:21 PM
WEAK MINDS.

That's how.

the sheep that form a nation...

flip3d
07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
what i dont understand is if these songs are so popular, how come ive never heard them until you guys just mentioned them?

S-Nation S13
07-29-2009, 12:27 PM
lol do what YOU do if anything all i do is if i dont like it i just ignore it !! if it bothers you its cause you let it bother you

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 12:35 PM
i guess its a sac cali thing lol it will get around trust me

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 12:38 PM
or you guys dont go out enough, or the ethnicity of the people you hang around.

Touge Noob S13
07-29-2009, 12:42 PM
The idea that the style has shifted over to skinny jeans is false. A majority of my HS demographic that listens to that music still like baggy jeans, only a few wear "skinny" jeans. I dont understand why you guys are hating on "skinny" or as I like to call them "fitted" jeans, they are quite comfortable.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 12:43 PM
its not that we're hating its that people arent wearing cause they like em people are wearing because a song tells them to, its stupid

SochBAT
07-29-2009, 01:17 PM
FUCK ZIMMER.

USE FUCKING PUNCTUATION.

-----------

The jerk phase is stupid. Most dance trends are stupid. Radio is dead.

Except for Kevin n Bean
and Jack FM
And Jazz Radio.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 01:26 PM
jazz sucks rob arnie and dawn are way better anyway

I LUV MY S13
07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
FUCK ZIMMER.

USE FUCKING PUNCTUATION.

-----------

The jerk phase is stupid. Most dance trends are stupid. Radio is dead.

Except for Kevin n Bean
and Jack FM
And Jazz Radio.

u forgot love line on kroq haha

singlecamslam
07-29-2009, 01:28 PM
YouTube - A-Ha - Take on Me {Extended Version} (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkulTRQwywU&feature=PlayList&p=5DCD3D789DC79D9F&index=0&playnext=1)

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 01:36 PM
haha love line is the shit haha

Phlip
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Do the punctuation marks on whatever communications method you're typing from not work?
When will properly formed sentences become a damned trend?

VROOOM
07-29-2009, 01:53 PM
loveline was good when Poorman was on it. now it sucks.

Matej
07-29-2009, 02:42 PM
People are sheep.

andisan
07-29-2009, 02:49 PM
When I first heard the song I thought it was funny cuz who hasnt been called a "jerk" in there lifetime by a girl, But I didnt realize that is was a dance or a form of dressing oneself. wow Im getting old :)

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 02:54 PM
First off to say it is just ghetto people is wrong, and somewhat on the racist side.

how is this racist? every race has ghetto people in the lower income bracket. only is racist if you consider "ghetto people" only applies to one certain race.

OP, because most people are douches who don't have a brain. they can't think for themselves and consider what they, themselves, like or not like. instead, they are mindless lemmings who just follow the norm and what's hip in the current trend/time.

But it's all good, it gives you an opportunity to capitalize on people who are dumb if you're smart. for example, if people are willing to pay $20-30 for a pair of these ugly ass shoes

http://www.nursemates.com/images/quark-shoes.jpg

of course you seize the opportunity. the company that made these made millions, i think even up to a billion or two selling these and i'm sure these are way cheaper to produce than regular nikes or addidas shoes. you make a mold and inject foam into it, probably less than a $1 to produce.

btw, air force 1s were popular before the song came out. It's just, once the song came out, more people who never even knew about them started wanting them. (i know because i used to work at a shoe store in my younger days a few years before the song came out and after it came out, in fact, we had tv's that showed the music video for it after it came out). if anything, nike benefited big from the song and should have paid nelly some type of compensation for the marketing.

i can't say the same thing about vans, people never asked for them, and by the time the songs came out i was long gone from retail, but i'm sure they are popular. my younger brother has a pair. lol

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
i like how they go from baggy ass pants to pants that are too tight.

10 years from now, pants that fit will be all the rage.

haha.

never understood the skinny pants thing. looks so girly and uncomfortable. how are your balls suppose to breath in jeans so tight?

kris kross tried to invent a new fad like 20 years ago of wearing pants backwards. they claimed to have worn their pants backwards because they wanted to be different. i wonder if they still do. it never made it big (i've seen girls wear stretchy pants with zippers at the ass). it's pretty clever that if you wear your pants backwards that you have a fly you can unzip to take a shit (probably a bit messy since the hole isn't big enough for a big turd), but how do you piss? in the end, it's better to have a fly for your wang and pull down your pants to take a shit.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 03:15 PM
the backwards pants is like underwear goes outside the pants, not very big because a song didnt tell you to do it

Touge Noob S13
07-29-2009, 03:24 PM

haha.

never understood the skinny pants thing. looks so girly and uncomfortable. how are your balls suppose to breath in jeans so tight?

Lol, I always see people in San Deigo wearing those ugly ass shows. The only people that say that skinny jeans are uncomfortable are fat asses. My balls have no problem breathing in my fitted jeans.

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 03:28 PM
haha.

kris kross tried to invent a new fad like 20 years ago of wearing pants backwards. they claimed to have worn their pants backwards because they wanted to be different. i wonder if they still do. it never made it big (i've seen girls wear stretchy pants with zippers at the ass). it's pretty clever that if you wear your pants backwards that you have a fly you can unzip to take a shit (probably a bit messy since the hole isn't big enough for a big turd), but how do you piss? in the end, it's better to have a fly for your wang and pull down your pants to take a shit.

MY thought is, u have to have balls in the first place, for them needing to breath...

Big Daddy 18det
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
Hey dud....Don't hate the player , hate his game.. Now go out there and buy that shit and be happy:ddog:

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Lol, I always see people in San Deigo wearing those ugly ass shows. The only people that say that skinny jeans are uncomfortable are fat asses. My balls have no problem breathing in my fitted jeans.

but you wear fitted jeans, which are not the same as skinny jeans.

fitted jeans:

http://www.popsofa.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/man-in-fitted-jeans.jpg

by skinny jeans, i mean this:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/shine/fashion/blog.skinnyjeans.jpg

and yes, that is a guy's ass and thighs you are looking at.

Future240
07-29-2009, 03:37 PM
When will properly formed sentences become a damned trend?

Right after respect of elders and making decisions based on more than the next 2 months of your life.

Touge Noob S13
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh, those are tight jeans. Most of the guys I see wearing those are like scene and stuff (my bother lol). Most people that see fitted jeans call them skinny/tight since they look more "body hugging" then regular jeans even though they are not super skinny like the second ones you posted.

ronmcdon
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
how is this racist? every race has ghetto people in the lower income bracket. only is racist if you consider "ghetto people" only applies to one certain race.

OP, because most people are douches who don't have a brain. they can't think for themselves and consider what they, themselves, like or not like. instead, they are mindless lemmings who just follow the norm and what's hip in the current trend/time.

But it's all good, it gives you an opportunity to capitalize on people who are dumb if you're smart. for example, if people are willing to pay $20-30 for a pair of these ugly ass shoes

of course you seize the opportunity. the company that made these made millions, i think even up to a billion or two selling these and i'm sure these are way cheaper to produce than regular nikes or addidas shoes. you make a mold and inject foam into it, probably less than a $1 to produce.

btw, air force 1s were popular before the song came out. It's just, once the song came out, more people who never even knew about them started wanting them. (i know because i used to work at a shoe store in my younger days a few years before the song came out and after it came out, in fact, we had tv's that showed the music video for it after it came out). if anything, nike benefited big from the song and should have paid nelly some type of compensation for the marketing.

i can't say the same thing about vans, people never asked for them, and by the time the songs came out i was long gone from retail, but i'm sure they are popular. my younger brother has a pair. lol

Agreed about the ghetto generalization.
If anything, its discriminatory to presume that 'ghetto' must always be present in some given races.

With corporate music (or mediums in general), almost everything is very well calculated with the objective to make $$$.
Why just sell music, when you can also advertise at the same time?
I would do exactly the same, if I were some profit-driven multimedia corportate CEO.

Ppl in general (not just kids) eat that stuff up anyways.
No reason not to capitalize off that, should the opportunity present itself.
Not to say it wrong and/or distasteful, it just is.
These days, even films are blatant mediums for advertising (with the James Bond series being arguably the worst offenders).

Take it as you will, though.
Nobody is forcing anything down anyone's throat.
It's just impersonal demand & supply.

Speaking only for myself, I find it a bit distracting when other elements of consumer culture have to be thrown in.
They just aren't topics I can relate with on an artistic level.
That's partially why I prefer indie/foreign art in general.

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
how many dudes dressed like the Prince era in the 80s?
or feminine with make up, earrings and questionable body language?
t9gddM7CQog
i like the song, but yeah everything else aint too fly

TiNMAN
07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
boo hoo :naw:

Matej
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
http://shadowsmakeflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/l-730-450-70b32ce6-55a8-43b2-a355-8efc1a57d4ab.jpeg

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
whats even worse is not only are they wearing skinny jeans but they have hella colors that make look like a box of caryons

Matej
07-29-2009, 05:08 PM
ZIpcOuTSjnw
-Js7FMFGyMs
_CyN7VTnboc
sRsgXbV1_I8
snCcUAWByoU

Matej
07-29-2009, 05:17 PM
pABR7CoM5uA

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 05:21 PM
http://shadowsmakeflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/l-730-450-70b32ce6-55a8-43b2-a355-8efc1a57d4ab.jpeg

is that kanye? lmao

Matej
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Qs6u3at4jTw

Matej
07-29-2009, 05:24 PM
is that kanye? lmao
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4842/spkan.jpg

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 10:36 PM
how many dudes dressed like the Prince era in the 80s?
or feminine with make up, earrings and questionable body language?

supposedly a lot of dudes dressed like bitches back in the day and it was hot, according to charlie murphy. haha
in a way... kanye is bringing that back. not quite all the way, but it's so color they look sort of like effeminate clowns.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/4842/spkan.jpg

hahahaha looks exactly alike.

fishsticks.

zenki.life
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
haha. that southpark episode was great.