PDA

View Full Version : do kids in highschool still wear their backpack on one shoulder

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 09:30 PM
i just found my old backpack from some point in highschool and one of the straps is completely destroyed, but the other still looks new. is it still cool to wear only one shoulder? or has that just evolved into the messenger bag, and now all the cool kids have gay man purses and all the nerds still use both straps?

i'm so fucking old.

udon!
07-28-2009, 09:31 PM
i use both staps lulz. i wear my backpack really high for some reason. its just me i guess....

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 09:33 PM
i actually completely stopped using my backpack like halfway through junior year, and left everything in my locker. i think i liked using my locker more because it was in a stairwell and i got the number i requested, 666.

god i'm old. and i was/am a huge fucking nerd.

udon!
07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
^
nerds FTW.

Touge Noob S13
07-28-2009, 09:34 PM
The style now is to use both straps but pull them all the way up so your backpack covers your full back and doesnt hang loosely.

udon!
07-28-2009, 09:35 PM
^

thats wat i do lol

yay i have effortless style mofuckas

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 09:36 PM
The style now is to use both straps but pull them all the way up so your backpack covers your full back and doesnt hang loosely.

so the new style is to wear it properly?

do a lot of kids have messenger bags? do they get the shit kicked out of them? god i hope so.

METAL

udon!
07-28-2009, 09:40 PM
http://www.pak30.com/i/prodver/LargeImage_21_50.jpg

THIS.

This is the most fucking popular thing you will see at a high school right now.

these sell for fucking $45 dollars now.

i cant believe i bought one lol.

jamg
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM

THIS.

yep...

and they all wear them, pulled ALL THE WAY UP.

here in the east coast, i was probably the only one at my school to do it, but everyone else started to lol

Okinawandrifter87
07-28-2009, 09:44 PM
Haha I soooooooo remember when it was cool to wear it all the way down and or also just on one shoulder!! I wear both straps and all the way up now! woot woot lol

!Zar!
07-28-2009, 09:50 PM
FYI, JanSport is trying to reinvent themselves to be cool and hip.

So they are teaming up with multiple streetwear brands and doing colabs.

w0nderbr3ad
07-28-2009, 09:51 PM
In high school one of my strap buckles broke in half so I just used one. Another guy had a backpack but had a thick velcro strap going across diagonnally to the other side.

Fries
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
I used to wear it all the way down, but I hated getting hit from having it so low. I decided to just start wearing it normal. Not WAY high like all the weird ass kids with like cookie monster/powerranger backpacks, just normal.

Only did the one strap if I had to book it somewhere.

Pretty sure my Jansport cost me $12 3 years ago.

Touge Noob S13
07-28-2009, 09:52 PM
so the new style is to wear it properly?

do a lot of kids have messenger bags? do they get the shit kicked out of them? god i hope so.

METAL

Yeah. Some do have them not a lot though. A small minority even have the backpacks with the wheels and the handle, those are fun to kick lol.

dat411kid
07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
I remember when these bags were all the rage...
http://www.catskillhiker.com/products/nf_hotshot.png

And the more straps you had hanging the cooler you were..pffft haha those were the days..

udon!
07-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Hold up... lol let me get a pick of my jansport.

LULZ. did this for shits and giggles:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_feac2e9fdc2042a89d79032eba727089.jpg

SHITS ORIGINAL

I LUV MY S13
07-28-2009, 10:01 PM
I remember when these bags were all the rage...
http://www.catskillhiker.com/products/nf_hotshot.png

And the more straps you had hanging the cooler you were..pffft haha those were the days..

hahaha now thats IN^^^^:l101:

hellaslows13
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Yeah it's still cool, because I still do it. :)

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Yeah. Some do have them not a lot though. A small minority even have the backpacks with the wheels and the handle, those are fun to kick lol.

next you're going to tell me kids don't wear boot cut jeans anymore. or Lee Pipes.

there was exactly ONE girl in my highschool who used a backpack with wheels. it was the funniest thing ever to see her bolting from class to class rolling that thing behind her with a wave of people turning and laughing as she went. she's probably dead now i bet.

also, weren't those basic Jansport bags like 20 bucks a few years ago? i had one freshman year. took the Jansport patch off and replaced it with a Limp Bizkit patch. even sewed it on, so it was like a Limp Bizkit brand backpack.
did it all for the nookie.
you know.

i also remember freshmen who had those bags from like CCS mailorder with the skateboard strap. their parents would drop them off and they'd get out of the Expedition with this backpack with the skateboard hanging from it. like they brought it for show and tell or something.

SochBAT
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
In highschool, I always wore it high up. never got in the way when you ran from the school proctors. haha.

Fuck, my ditching days were awesome. Run down the hill, thru the shire, and smoke a doobie on the way. Grab In-n-Out, see a proctor or 2. Good times.

Random Story - This one time, i was ditching, and this chick that dug me wanted to join, so I says cool. We ditch, and its her first time smoking MEDICINAL, ever. So she takes it in, then starts freaking out, BATSHIT. I tell her to relax, she trips, calls her parents, and then they take her to the hospital. Fucking retarded. They were going to sue, but she got em to drop what ever they tried to do. I never spoke to her again. Until she sent boob shots.

flip3d
07-28-2009, 10:08 PM
We used to take the front pockets off the Jansports and tag em up.

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 10:12 PM
We used to take the front pockets off the Jansports and tag em up.

DO WHAT

mine had like a suede bottom, i guess for durability. made a great surface for like a hundred NIN's and KMFDM logos. i can't count how many times i had to explain what "industrial" was because of my stupid adhd backpack.

iROYAL
07-28-2009, 10:22 PM
There's a cheaper version of the Jansport backpack, I can't remember the brand.

You can just remove the tags, and the only way to tell it wasn't a Jansport is to check the zipper handle because they were wavey instead of straight.

HyperTek
07-28-2009, 10:27 PM
my school didnt have lockers *besides gym/football locker room*, we had to lug our shit around.. sucked if you played sports cuz you might of had a backpack and a sports bag with your equipment in it.

singlecamslam
07-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I remember back in high school it was cool to steal hood badges and glue them on your back pack.

SochBAT
07-28-2009, 11:15 PM
^^

NO. It was never cool.

It was ricer as fuck.

You know what I did to people that did that shit?

SuperGlue theri backpacks shut, from the zipper on. And cut the straps.

Fucktards.

chitownguy
07-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Shit I've been wearing my backpack up high since sophomore year in h.s., both straps too.

I hate those kids with messenger bags though. There pretty useless, you can't even fit that much in them. Just give me a simple $20 (now $45) backpack that'll fuck up my back and I'm good.

Touge Noob S13
07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
i actually completely stopped using my backpack like halfway through junior year, and left everything in my locker. i think i liked using my locker more because it was in a stairwell and i got the number i requested, 666.

Were you in your school's anime club lol

mavericksniper
07-28-2009, 11:23 PM
I just use a binder because i don't carry that much stuff around.

BustedS13
07-28-2009, 11:27 PM
Were you in your school's anime club lol

nah. TECHNOLOGY LEADERS THOUGH, FUCK YEAAAAHHHHHH

playthe_part
07-28-2009, 11:29 PM
i never used a backpack in highschool, i kept everything in one binder and all my books in a locker.

all the 'cool' kids had like spongebob and various other cartoon backpacks for like 6 year olds at my highschool, and i bet those same people drive hawaiian punch/dr pepper/mc donalds/whatever donks now. they also tagged their backpack straps, lol.

ranger240
07-28-2009, 11:33 PM
i actually completely stopped using my backpack like halfway through junior year, and left everything in my locker.

senior year i was using my car as a locker...

way better than trying to cram crap in a locker

silly_13
07-29-2009, 12:01 AM

THIS.

like my cuzin that goes to UC Irvine said..."this bagpack is for the ppl who dont study and lazy" and yet its true hahahaha...i only had like 1 folder in here throughout my Jr. and Senior year..

krazyfil
07-29-2009, 12:13 AM
well i carry a duffle bag around... but i play basketball at the college so i have my ball and shoes.. the only classes im taking are automotive classes so i can leave my shit in class

Teddy
07-29-2009, 12:15 AM
This was my backpack in highschool. I got a newer version Senior year though.

Of course it was pulled all the way up.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n27/Touge_King/1025071609.jpg

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 12:28 AM
i saw a teen walking in front of walmart wearing a spongebob backpack.

murda-c
07-29-2009, 12:31 AM
first i had the jansport

then i had some canvas messenger bag i found at a flea market

then i had some cool leather satchel that i found at a yard sale

then junior and senior year i left my books in the respective classrooms and carried around a slim notebook with a file folder in the front cover.

god i was lame.

i saw a teen walking in front of walmart wearing a spongebob backpack.

i don't understand that one.

dudes 16 and up wearing looney toons and spongebob backpacks and mcdonalds toy watches and shit.

I really don't wanna advertise that i bought a happy meal.

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 12:48 AM
Not WAY high like all the weird ass kids with like cookie monster/powerranger backpacks, just normal.

don't forget ninja turtle and spongebob.

don't understand it when i see college men wearing tall tees with lollipops in their mouths and using these character accessory backpacks.

took the Jansport patch off and replaced it with a Limp Bizkit patch. even sewed it on, so it was like a Limp Bizkit brand backpack.

i remember kids use to steal honda emblems off cars and glue? sew? them on their jansport backpacks.

SochBAT
07-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I broke everyone's honda/Toyota/Nissan signs they had on their backpacks.

So retarded.

ayuaddict
07-29-2009, 01:11 AM
i had a binder.

wasn't really into school so i didn't go much.

to this day i dont really regret it, got my GED and "graduated" early went straight to working.

Matej
07-29-2009, 01:38 AM
Never got around to spending the money on a cool dark/hip/army/beige/boring/alt bag that would fit my personality, so I just left all my books in the locker/car, like all the popular girls did.

RiversideS13
07-29-2009, 02:56 AM
i didn't bring backpack to school when i was in high school. i just bring a binder and a Ti-85 calculator for games. this is like 96-00 btw

at that time
it is cool that you have a pager
it is cool that you have 17" wheels
it is cool that you have a integra or prelude
someone you know has a fast eclipse
rave parties were fun
oversize shirts and baggy pants
Clear corner lights are in

you or your friend's car had missing emblem

Pactin
07-29-2009, 03:20 AM
i didn't bring backpack to school when i was in high school. i just bring a binder and a Ti-85 calculator for games. this is like 96-00 btw

at that time
rave parties were fun

5 out of those 7 still apply :cool:

Nismoknightska-t
07-29-2009, 04:03 AM
yep...

here in the east coast, i was probably the only one at my school to do it, but everyone else started to lol

hell yeaa..

i rocked a white one..

and pulled it all the way up.. and put my thumbs in the straps..:snoop:

tougekid
07-29-2009, 04:23 AM
Shit, I remember when one strap on you bright ass colored overalls was cool. LOL!!
House Party 2 FTW! LOL!!

Then there was Limpies, Fuct, and Tony Hawk 900* shoes. we looked like skinny weight lifters with all the neon and baggy pants.

god I'm old.

WanganRunner
07-29-2009, 06:37 AM

at that time
rave parties were fun

^^
Yep, this all sounds pretty familiar.

I think I recall having a Helly Hansen backpack in HS. I had one of the early Supreme backpacks, an olive green one, but I'm pretty sure I didn't have that until after I was out of HS.

My brain is still totally stuck in 99-00, btw. I still feel like the EK Civic is a new car, like I'm waiting for new rumors about the PS2 launch, etc. It's a sad condition indeed. Everything after that just feels like a blur.

ak47johnson
07-29-2009, 07:52 AM
and a Ti-85 calculator for games.
Im in high school now and i still love using it for that. Mario owns all. haha

But at my school, having the backpacks completely loose is the trend. The only ones i see with cartoon character backpacks really high up are the people in the drama club or people who just want attention.

Biggest trend at my school now is boat shoes and american eagle khakis (really preppy private school).

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 08:01 AM

THIS.

jansport with the leather(ish) tan base FTMFW...i would wear it one strap...lol

Brian
07-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Oh man, the leather bottom was a bit classy.

I had an Independent backpack for a while. Skateboard strap incase I needed it, right?

kOuKi MoNsTaRr
07-29-2009, 09:16 AM
last time i remember wearing a backpack was when i was either going to rack paint from home depot or clothes from the gap

good times

shade
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Oh man, I was to Six Flags this summer and saw this douche sporting a family size Rice Krispies box as a back pack. He actually put straps on it and made a custom flap like a bag. He thought he was the shit with it while sporting his cap etched with the words "I'm a jerk."

K_style
07-29-2009, 09:31 AM
that is bad ass....

haha

Hold up... lol let me get a pick of my jansport.

LULZ. did this for shits and giggles:

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_feac2e9fdc2042a89d79032eba727089.jpg

SHITS ORIGINAL

ixfxi
07-29-2009, 09:49 AM
to this day i dont really regret it, got my GED and "graduated" early went straight to working.

dude... you're what, 20 or 22? you're not going to regret dropping out of school and getting your GED until.. say, 40.... relax speedy

at that time
rave parties were fun

thats a low blow.... ;-)

VROOOM
07-29-2009, 09:53 AM
There's a cheaper version of the Jansport backpack, I can't remember the brand.

You can just remove the tags, and the only way to tell it wasn't a Jansport is to check the zipper handle because they were wavey instead of straight.

damn, people even buy knock off backpacks.

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh man, the leather bottom was a bit classy.

fuck yeah, shit could take a beating...i had one backpack from 8th to 12th , same one, never failed me, and when the straps finally gave way on a camping trip, SEATBELT STRAPS! and seat belt velcro coushins for comfort... :trogdor:

BustedS13
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
ooh. i found my ti-83+ last night, too. gonna play some mario. and dope wars. just gotta find some batteries.

i had this link cable that i made. cut one in half, added in 15 feet of cable. shit worked. played bomberman from across the room.

aNskY
07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
lol backpacks..

when i was in highschool, i carried around one marble notebook with a bunch of papers shoved in the middle of it. who needs books?

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 10:57 AM
i live down the street from a high school and from what i see kids dont even wear back packs cause half of em dont even stay long enough to make it to class

cxlo8331
07-29-2009, 11:05 AM
two straps.
always.
tried the messenger bag in high school for a bit,
did not like it at all.

got a messenger bag for work.
it's alright, serously thinking about reverting to two straps again.

Azimmer
07-29-2009, 11:07 AM
when i was in school it was way cool to wear it allllllll the way down then later on it was allllll the way up haha

Enna
07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Had friends that had Bob the builder backpacks, jansports that were all tagged up, those single strap gap backpacks, messenger bags, all that shit. I rocked a single white 3" binder. Kept the other shit in my corolla I had back then. Still pulled C's and up, and I still dont know how.

ro240sx
07-29-2009, 11:31 AM
as a kid it was if u had the most pockets and a water bottle holder in ur backpack it was cool.

then came the rollin ones which i hated.

but yeah i always one strappin my backpack

bloodangels13
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
I rocked a ugp skatepark backpack my junior and senior year.. and a big ass independant sk8park backpack sophmore year. I still have both and they both are in good shape..

def highschool thing for me was to take the pyrimid studs from my studded belt when i fell apart and put them onthe straps of my backpack

and two straps always... even clip the two together sometimes depending on my mood or load

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
i dont mind the messenger bags or 2 strap traditionals, i alternated between the 2, but when todays teens are rocking lil childrens backpacks? wtf!

Enna
07-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Seriously, its like screaming "I am sofa king we todd ed!".

ZenkiKid
07-29-2009, 11:51 AM

thats been the style forever now, I was doing it in 7th grade and im currently a jr in college

Jr high/high school = Jansports.

currently using a a Dakine bag that has a laptop pocket and its the shit.

jspeedm
07-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Shit, I remember when one strap on you bright ass colored overalls was cool. LOL!!
House Party 2 FTW! LOL!!

Then there was Limpies, Fuct, and Tony Hawk 900* shoes. we looked like skinny weight lifters with all the neon and baggy pants.

god I'm old.

overall shorts with one strap for the hot days.

dont forget cross colors and z cavaricci.

THIS.

that is what the jansports looked like when i had one 20 years ago.

BustedS13
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
did anybody ever make a hypercolor backpack? that'd probably be the best backpack.

DALAZ_68
07-29-2009, 02:08 PM
people over complicated shit, u dont need a thousand pockets on ur back pack for water and gadgets, there called hands and pockets fuckers...why the fuck do u want to lump around a skateboard all day, do the smart thing, locker,gym locker, or drop it off at ur last period class...

Jansport 2 pocket backpack was all u needed...

anyone remember the bags with clocks on them...LOL

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM
^ur gonna hurt ur back tryin to fill all them pockets lol

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 02:11 PM

it was by choice because shaved clean trunks and molded sides were hip.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-29-2009, 02:14 PM
ALL THE WAY UP? What are you guys? A bunch of dweebs? Only dweebs wear them all the way up. Wear it low or not at all.
If I were to have seen you wearing your backpack tucked to the top I would have beat you with my cool man purse.

Mi Beardo es Loco
07-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Do they still have those really flimsy folders? Ya know, the kind that you could roll up and smack your friends in the bacck of the head with?

HyperTek
07-29-2009, 02:17 PM
all the vatos in my day had those, roll em up and put em in their pockets.. but usually the studends who didnt take school seriously had em.

FRpilot
07-29-2009, 02:25 PM
then came the rollin ones which i hated.

unless you are talking about something different, i remember only a few select geniuses used the rolling backpacks. they weren't even backpacks really, more like luggage bags with wheels and handles to carry tons of thick ass books and papers.

at my college, i remember there was always talk among the younger crowd of guy of these 2 older Vietnamese immigrants who were like in their late 20s, possibly early 30s who used these luggage bags. they were science majors (chemistry or biology) so it's understandable they had to haul around a bunch of shit all day. talk of sightings were that they were insanely HOT. i spotted them on a few occasions near the science building/library and i was shocked that the rumors of killer bodies were true and impressed that they were always dressed to show them off, usually wearing really short shirts and tight tank tops.

hot and smart older women :yum:

flip3d
07-29-2009, 04:31 PM
I had a DBZ backpack with Cell on it back in elementary school. My cousins from the Philippines sent it to me.

This was wayyyyy before DBZ was cool here so I had no idea what it was.

g-via
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
man purses are for homos.

end of discussion.

all pants have pockets. if your pants dont have pockets, hold your shit in your hands.

BustedS13
07-29-2009, 04:59 PM
I had a DBZ backpack with Cell on it back in elementary school. My cousins from the Philippines sent it to me.

This was wayyyyy before DBZ was cool here so I had no idea what it was.

i'm three years older than you and dragonball was on broadcast television when i was in like 6th grade brah.

flip3d
07-29-2009, 05:30 PM
i'm three years older than you and dragonball was on broadcast television when i was in like 6th grade brah.

I dont remember seeing Cell on broadcast television until the end of middle school.

theronin
07-29-2009, 06:01 PM
i was watchin DBZ on broadcast TV in 97.

Future240
07-29-2009, 07:26 PM
I have my jansport with the rubber bottom from 6th grade. Used it every year since then.

scuba_steve91
07-29-2009, 07:40 PM
http://www.jhoutdoors.com/images/bin/4769.jpg

These were popular at my school high school. Cause everyone NEEDS a hiking backpack for school!!

ZenkiKid
07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
people over complicated shit, u dont need a thousand pockets on ur back pack for water and gadgets,

Hey man I thought the same until I reached college. That single big pocket and small pocket jansport wasnt cuttin it with my 15.5 in laptop and books, and on top of that all that walking around campus I need to bring a bottle of water with me daily.

http://s7ondemand1.scene7.com/is/image/MoosejawMB/10025695x1032826_zm?$product325$

25 bucks well spent. Laptop pocket and 2 water bottle pockets for them super hot days.

soreballz
07-29-2009, 10:00 PM

THIS.

Geez, welcome to 1997. Hell, earlier than that, probably.

yep...

In my day, people usually let them hang real low. I HATED doing that, since I was always either skating or riding my sweet bmx bike to school. If I wore it low, it would smash the shit out of my lower back/upper butt area.
I usually kept my backpack up kinda high and really tight for balance purposes.

I went through LOTS of backpacks, though. The ones that lasted longest were the Jansports with the leather bottoms. I had a couple of those for 2+ years. All the others would break or tear within 4 or 5 months. I was rough on my backpacks. lol

Anyone remember this badboy? This thing was the shit in the late-'90s.
http://www.osirisstore.com/images/products/800x800/MG123104_p.jpg
I still have mine, somewhere. Probably buried in a box in my storage space. lol

zenki.life
07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
anyone remember those kids who had the back packs with the built in speakers. the irony was that the school yard was too noisy to be able to hear any music out of those shitty speakers! haha

YoungGun
07-29-2009, 10:15 PM
^^^Wait is that the speaker backpack?

In jr high while all the kids waited in car line for their parents to pick them up this badass skater kid had one of the speaker backpacks and he would be playing the new limp bizkit album.

soreballz
07-29-2009, 10:21 PM
anyone remember those kids who had the back packs with the built in speakers. the irony was that the school yard was too noisy to be able to hear any music out of those shitty speakers! haha
Beat you to it by 14 minutes. lol

^^^Wait is that the speaker backpack?

Yes.

SochBAT
07-30-2009, 12:07 AM
My buddy had one.

We bumped 2LiveCrew in the cafeteria.

gunmetalr32
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Geez, welcome to 1997. Hell, earlier than that, probably.

In my day, people usually let them hang real low. I HATED doing that, since I was always either skating or riding my sweet bmx bike to school. If I wore it low, it would smash the shit out of my lower back/upper butt area.
I usually kept my backpack up kinda high and really tight for balance purposes.

I went through LOTS of backpacks, though. The ones that lasted longest were the Jansports with the leather bottoms. I had a couple of those for 2+ years. All the others would break or tear within 4 or 5 months. I was rough on my backpacks. lol

Anyone remember this badboy? This thing was the shit in the late-'90s.
http://www.osirisstore.com/images/products/800x800/MG123104_p.jpg
I still have mine, somewhere. Probably buried in a box in my storage space. loli had this...lol..this bad boy sucked 12 fuckin batteries and it only lasted about 10 hours... i used to bump it at lunch...

!Zar!
07-30-2009, 02:32 AM
All I remember was whoever had the heaviest backpack was the coolest.

So kids were damn near breaking their backs by putting all their books and shit into it.

randomxzero
07-30-2009, 03:13 AM
I bought my jansport for 20 bucks my junior year and i still use it for college and to put all my tools in it when i go to the junkyard.

the roller backpacks were hilarious in JR. High, the kids that usually had them were the nerds that would run to class and someone would always kick it and make the kid loose their balance and fall haha pretty funny but sucked..

Firestorm
07-30-2009, 10:00 AM
when i was in school, everyone...really EVERYONE rocked an eastpak worn with only one strap and so low it would bounce of your ass all the time walking around. it was the shit back then.

tricky_ab
07-30-2009, 12:29 PM
I use two straps anytime I'm using my backpack (I still use one when I'm out for a BMX session).

silviaguy240
07-30-2009, 12:33 PM
I just rocked the $20 jansport during highschool, just put my notebooks in there and left my textbooks in my locker. hated having a huge backpack and looking like a freshmen.

i always wanted a lazynator though, but the backpack itself was fucking huge.

http://www.wakeskating.com/images/dvs/products/laz2.jpg

BustedS13
07-30-2009, 02:01 PM
I just rocked the $20 jansport during highschool, just put my notebooks in there and left my textbooks in my locker. hated having a huge backpack and looking like a freshmen.

i always wanted a lazynator though, but the backpack itself was fucking huge.

http://www.wakeskating.com/images/dvs/products/laz2.jpg

oh man, i remember seeing that thing in CCS, i'm pretty sure. never saw one in real life though.

driven_
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
i need something with a drank holder.

Future240
07-30-2009, 03:55 PM

I still do that till this day. I rarely carry more than 1 book at a time if I happen to have my books. Which I usually dont.

!Zar!
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Just got invited to a jansport x lable release party.

Sweet. More hype shit.

So all you hype and hipster haters, better ditch jansport!

BustedS13
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
these fucking hipsters, coming into my walmart super center, taking my gear and claiming it as their own.

next thing you know, payless shoes is going to have some sort of collaboration deal.

oh.

!Zar!
07-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Payless very well might have stuff like that.

That's all they do is buy old shit and sell it as new shit.

zylvia213
07-30-2009, 10:20 PM
http://kilosandgrams.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/outdoor-deluxe-backpack.jpg

These are the type i use to rock in junior high and high school back in 1992-1997

upsdude
07-30-2009, 10:33 PM
eventually kids won't need to carry heavy-ass backpacks because textbooks will be downloadable into kindle/kindle-type devices. well...that would be sweet if that were to happen.

turbobrick
07-30-2009, 11:54 PM
I always wore my backpack a little low, but not all the way down like most kids.
The last backpack I bought was in like 99 when I started 8th grade. I still use it all the time too, the zippers dont work so well anymore though.
http://www.supercars.net/pitlane/pics/169100/3343204d.jpg

mr_kill_666
08-27-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/jansp/jansp295901_26736_jb.jpg

at our school, security was a problem so we had to start using mesh or clear plastic back pack. this is what i used.

Jimmy Up
08-27-2009, 10:53 AM
You didnt have anything to do with those problems though right

Mr. Kill 666

lol

BoostSlideWayz
08-27-2009, 11:05 AM

lol i stopped using my back pack around jr year too haha.. but i felt cool with out it cuz every one would be like... you dont need a back pack ? nah im too good for that nonsense.. and they would just look down and walk to class.

DALAZ_68
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
http://www.bagsbuy.com/pi/jansp/jansp295901_26736_jb.jpg

at our school, security was a problem so we had to start using mesh or clear plastic back pack. this is what i used.

well that just gay
You didnt have anything to do with those problems though right

Mr. Kill 666

lol

LOL

Manuelitoohno
08-28-2009, 04:15 AM
everyone wears jansports all the way up.

and they tag something on the pocket LOL

thank god were done with the saggy backpack phase

WanganRunner
08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
I still can't stand messenger bags. I'm an Associate at a private equity firm and I still come in every day with a backpack. Manhattan Portage, usually. None of that attache/messenger bag shit for me.

If I was still in HS/college, I'd probably carry one of these:

http://head-porter.org/croquet/cq0801.jpg

http://head-porter.org/merge/me2103.jpg

http://head-porter.org/monogram/daypack01.jpg

I can't get away with shit like that or a Supreme pack or something at the office.

EDIT: What *is* up with all the preschool character stuff? I saw some big dude sitting on a curb smoking a Black & Mild last week wearing Spongebob socks. Bright fucking yellow. I've seen a TON of weird little girly Spongebob or whatever backpacks on way older kids, maybe even early 20's people. WTF?

!Zar!
08-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Hah.

I don't think I would've been able to appreciate a Porter backpack if I had it when I was a kid.

DALAZ_68
08-28-2009, 10:33 AM
EDIT: What *is* up with all the preschool character stuff? I saw some big dude sitting on a curb smoking a Black & Mild last week wearing Spongebob socks. Bright fucking yellow. I've seen a TON of weird little girly Spongebob or whatever backpacks on way older kids, maybe even early 20's people. WTF?

its a new fad my little cuzin (in JR. high) told me about...apperantly its cool now to wear shit from times be4 there own...shit like O.G. power ranger shirts, batman, ninja turtles...etc stuff is cool to wear

!Zar!
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
It's what all the poor cool kids do.

How cute.

WanganRunner
08-28-2009, 11:06 AM
its a new fad my little cuzin (in JR. high) told me about...apperantly its cool now to wear shit from times be4 there own...shit like O.G. power ranger shirts, batman, ninja turtles...etc stuff is cool to wear

^^
I guess I sorta get that, but I'd probably do it with something less gay than a Spongebob backpack.

I LOL at modern kids trying to leech off our awesome late-80's-early-90's childhood because theirs is inferior.

EDIT: I have kinda wanted to start carrying around one of these though, which definitely pre-dates my own childhood (it's a '79 walkman), so I guess it's sort of the same mentality:

http://media.techeblog.com/images/sonya_4.jpg

zorak
08-28-2009, 11:15 AM
I had a north face. Always used both straps. I did the one strap thing back in middle school I think.

zorak
08-28-2009, 11:17 AM

I think thats only cool if you actually remember those shows.

Remember the white ranger? And when the movie came out? Ivan Ooze?

Yeah, now you can wear the t-shirt.

!Zar!
08-28-2009, 11:26 AM
When the black ranger was actually black...

Future240
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
When the black ranger was actually black...

Whaaat he isnt black anymore? This is not the power rangers I remeber, where the Asian girl was the Yellow ranger, and the Black Jamaicanish kid was the Black ranger.

zorak
08-28-2009, 11:41 AM
This thread is now about the 90s Power Rangers.

http://www.baka-raptor.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/pr.jpg

Bubbles
08-28-2009, 08:37 PM
batman, ninja turtles...etc stuff is cool to wear

You're telling me my ninja turtles shirt and my batman muscles vest haven't always been cool?

Sir, I disagree.

xpertsnowcarver
08-28-2009, 08:40 PM
I know kids in high school still BURRITO other peoples back packs.... I started that shit, lmao.

YouTube - How to: Burrito a Backpack VoLuMe ONE!!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeYgEu3-rzU)

randomxzero
08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
haha thats why i always carried my backpack with me.. :D
hah its funny when you would burrito the backpack and then put it on the otherside of the classroom they would keep looking for it and see it but not realize that it was their backpack.. :D

Gizmo_S13
05-31-2011, 01:14 AM
i also remember freshmen who had those bags from like CCS mailorder with the skateboard strap. their parents would drop them off and they'd get out of the Expedition with this backpack with the skateboard hanging from it. like they brought it for show and tell or something.

I've had my Independent backpack for like hmm.. 8 years now haha. I still use it when I go on road trips to Mexico and shit.

I only use a folder. All my high school years I carried around a folder and even in college I just carry a folder.

05-31-2011, 01:20 AM
fanny pack on their hip bro.

get with it.

SimpleS14
05-31-2011, 04:40 AM
You can also try Nike,Adidas... for backpack for school (http://www.backpackforschool.net)...according to the age...

Looking at how old this thread is and this is your first post....that's borderline spam IMO....

demonspeed
05-31-2011, 06:28 AM
is THAT what that shit is called? Just learned something lol! i had a jansport and a eastpak in middle school...then i rocked a Dakine backpack in HS and bought some desk speakers and wired it up so i would be bumpin while i change classes or walking home. Hell i even took requests lmao!

lysticalz
05-31-2011, 02:57 PM
used a backpack for freshman year, then during the summer i used it for fishing trips. never reused it or bought a new one. just used the locker at the beginning, middle, and end of the school day. was also the hangout spot

Mr Miyagi
05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
The new fad is wearing it on both shoulders, but really low, to where it touches your thighs. Axe me how I know.

ronmcdon
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
I see nothing wrong with messenger bags.
they're not as cumbersome as back-backs, and are practical if you're carrying less items.
If it means that Zilvia members think I'm homosexual, I think I can live with that.
I've had a tumi bag that's lasted me fine for the past 10-12 yrs.
I don't consider it a fashion statement or anything personal.

In HS I used a back-packs, messenger bags, just a notebook/binder, and brief-cases.
I like the brief-case most. I could lock that up easy, and it could double as a seat.

soreballz
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM
Looking at how old this thread is and this is your first post....that's borderline spam IMO....
smfh... It is spam, duder. Bots are pretty good nowadays.

Steinkrunk
06-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I didn't wear a backpack or use books or anything in highschool. But we had lockers so I guess that's why. People still wore backpacks and people also brought their books with them on the way to/from classes.

The dumbest thing to do was "booking" people. Find the d-bag that has a million papers sticking out of his book and run behind him and flip his book/binder/notebook back right out of his hands. Papers would shoot everywhere, it was hilarious at busy times when the kid would shoot back and forth on his knees trying to pick up all his papers and everyone would walk by and kick the papers further down the hall.

future
06-01-2011, 11:16 AM
When I was in school before I graduated (2010) we wore are backpacks on both and not low, that was like 8th grade

soreballz
06-01-2011, 11:28 AM
The dumbest thing to do was "booking" people. Find the d-bag that has a million papers sticking out of his book and run behind him and flip his book/binder/notebook back right out of his hands. Papers would shoot everywhere, it was hilarious at busy times when the kid would shoot back and forth on his knees trying to pick up all his papers and everyone would walk by and kick the papers further down the hall.
Sounds to me like you're a reeeeal winner. I bet your parents are proud.

ManoNegra
06-01-2011, 01:08 PM
one strap, semi long
reason being it was easy to swing and get your shit out
or tuck it under the arm when in crowds or getting on the bus
I went to a rough school and you had to have your wits you
else your shit would get sliced and stolen

later, messenger bags became popular
we'd wear surplus army store ones,
the worn ones, medic bags preferred
bonus: a six pack of Krylon fit nice and snug

it was becoming trendy to wear DJ record bags after that
and remember seeing the rave kids with elmo bags
bleh

BustedS13
06-01-2011, 01:23 PM
I didn't wear a backpack or use books or anything in highschool.
i believe you

One_love_silvia
06-01-2011, 07:36 PM
i wear both straps. but i sure as hell dont have them all teh way up.

i actually have them almost all the way loosened. need to be able to take it off in a hurry or throw it around or whatnot if need be =) though ive always worn my backpack like that. i dont follow any stupid ass trends. i do whats comfortable. and if im wearing shorts that are somewhat baggy, it will cover up my boxers. because i know for a fact no one wants to see that. id wear belts, but im allergic to nickel =(

plus i dont like feeling like i have a midget hugging me from the back.

Teddy
06-01-2011, 07:56 PM
This was my backpack in high school. Yeah, I wore it tight and up high.

Deal with it.

anton1o
06-01-2011, 08:16 PM
The new fad is wearing it on both shoulders, but really low, to where it touches your thighs. Axe me how I know.

Thats how it was done in Australia back in my school days of 5~ years ago..

Caribee bags were the rage, since you could lower the straps so stupidly low, and then it had the waist ties(Caribee bags are made for carrying stupid amounts of stuff when your hiking lol) So people would just let the staps touch the ground pretty much.

It was stupid but it was the in thing for your bag to smash the back of your legs when walking..

Cant find a pic of the bag but i think it was called a "Caribee Extreme 35"

BustedS13
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
This was my backpack in high school. Yeah, I wore it tight and up high.

Deal with it.

we all dealt with it when you showed us two years ago, in this thread

This was my backpack in highschool. I got a newer version Senior year though.

Of course it was pulled all the way up.

Steinkrunk
06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
i believe you

Still pulled honors and scored in the upper 10% on MCAS. I didn't need books/notebooks/papers so I didn't bring them. Don't take my laziness for stupidity.

and soreballz, I grew up in a "rural" town so we didn't have much to keep entertained. "Booking" people seriously was the thing to do tho, don't ask me why.

Edit: Found this while searching youtube for "booking" to see if maybe it's just a retarded, short-bus school thing or if you cool zilvia-school people did it too. Made me lol alittle and I figure it fits with the thread topic

lJZk9izakuM

Teddy
06-01-2011, 10:09 PM
we all dealt with it when you showed us two years ago, in this thread

Bahaha thats embarrassing, I did not remember this thread at ALL.

Sorry ;)

DS562
06-01-2011, 10:16 PM
i carried a 3 ring binder and what ever book i needed at the time. pens and lead pencils in my pocket. made a good makeshift seat when it called for it.

soreballz
06-01-2011, 10:31 PM
and soreballz, I grew up in a "rural" town so we didn't have much to keep entertained. "Booking" people seriously was the thing to do tho, don't ask me why.
So, basically, what you're saying is that because you lived in a rural town, being a douchebag and a bully was the best way to keep yourself entertained? :rolleyes:

Then again, since you claim it was the "in" thing to do, I must ask... Was this something everyone did to everyone, and nobody was really bothered by it (since they were doing it, too), or was this just something that you and your buddies did to kids that were too weak/small/afraid to stand up for themselves?
If it was the first thing... Carry on.
Second thing... Refer back to my original comment.

Mikey213
06-02-2011, 02:53 AM
HAHAHAHAH back in my day I used to rock my jansport on my right shoulder (easier access to my weapon) But when lunch time or the last period hit I'd have my shoulder straps tight on both sides like all the skinny Jean boys cuz I had my blades strapped on my feet. Ahaha

wh0aitznic0
06-02-2011, 08:42 AM
^You sound so cool. I wish I could be just like you.

Mikey213
06-02-2011, 09:33 AM
^You sound so cool. I wish I could be just like you.

^ thanks cutie pie. I've just been comparing and contrasting the accelerating rate of differences between generation and future generations as everything else in the world excels with it. It's the cool thing to realize. 

qwerth
06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
wear it low with style!

WISH ONE
06-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I had one of those plastic two-tone spacemaker crayon pencil holder boxes... OH YEAH

chiboy002
06-02-2011, 12:54 PM
doulbe straps all the way down cause mine broke and i had to fix it with a shoelace so no adjustment

no folders, i just cram papers in it in an organized fashion

everyone at my school has a new northface back pack every year, or those designer messenger bag/shoulder bags. So stupid.

towlie
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
I just rocked a single binder, cool thing was to get one with a clear cover so you could customize it with pictures.. Mine was full of metal album covers, pics of girls, and the hippo sleek Silvia lol. occasionally I would wear a backpack but as more of an accessory than a bag to carry items.

I had an expensive designer faux-leather bag that all the girls complimented me on :)

Still have it, use it for roadtrips/traveling

ESmorz
06-03-2011, 05:46 AM
I just rocked a single binder, cool thing was to get one with a clear cover so you could customize it with pictures.. Mine was full of metal album covers, pics of girls, and the hippo sleek Silvia lol. occasionally I would wear a backpack but as more of an accessory than a bag to carry items.

I had an expensive designer faux-leather bag that all the girls complimented me on :)

Still have it, use it for roadtrips/traveling

-"Oh Becky, did you see that guy wearing a purse?"

-"Yeah, it was real cute, I wish I had it."

towlie
06-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Lol, by bag I meant backpack.

http://tapatalk.com/mu/a6cd8ceb-cc91-27f7.jpg

A man purse is um, not my style.

BoostSlideWayz
06-03-2011, 11:13 AM
I remember i didnt have to use a back pack at all in high school lol * special ed * loved that class, you didnt have to have books because they would just give you work packets to do simple math and other shit.

ov1989
06-08-2011, 01:24 AM
i wear my jansport just abt all the way up n with both straps looking like a school boy ooh yeeah!

DMiller
06-08-2011, 02:39 AM
First half of HS wore a backpack one strapped, just some random brand backpack I had at the time as I went through them rather regularly and didnt care nor pay attention to name brands. Second half of HS, carried a zipper binder and kept everything else in my locker except the binder and w/e text book I needed for class.

lucky7
06-10-2011, 07:01 PM

THIS.

i had a grey one for years. it got stolen out of my car a year and a half ago in Detroit. i started college, and put it to use again. so i bought another one on amazon for $13 shortly after. everyone at my school has northface backpacks.

alloverdajoint
06-10-2011, 09:48 PM
i had a grey one for years. it got stolen out of my car a year and a half ago in Detroit. i started college, and put it to use again. so i bought another one on amazon for $13 shortly after. everyone at my school has northface backpacks.

^^^
Everyone and their mothers has a Northface casper or jester or w.e. Its crazy cause they go pay $100 for them, and give you shit if its fake, hah. I still rock my og small jansport from like 6years ago, or just carry one notebook

dat411kid
06-11-2011, 12:02 AM
This bag was the car world's equivalent of rocking ssr's back in my day....

http://cdn3.iofferphoto.com/img/item/190/539/426/the-north-face-hot-shot-backpack-bag-daypack-new-2248b.JPG

In metro NYC anyway...

chato de shamrock
06-14-2011, 01:10 AM

THIS.

Back in Junior High (early-mid 90s) JanSport and Outdoor were the brand to buy. They looked identical except for the label. I bought an Outdoor and it didnt make it past Jr. High. I bought a dark blue Jansport like this one shown and used it low from most of high school into college. Don't recall spending anything near $45, otherwise I wouldnt have bought it. Started to use my backpack on a daily basis again about 2 years ago to carry my steering wheel, radio, small flashlight and a few other things and it's bearly beginning to show signs of wear. Gatta look for something new though. Now that I'm 31 it's time to put down these types of bags and get something more grown up.