PDA

View Full Version : Stay away from PorchMonkeyDrifter

SUPERSTAR
07-28-2009, 12:43 PM
This kid is unreal. I asked for my money back and he told me that all sales are final. That I should sell it on Evo form, because I seem to be a smart guy and can make profit of off it.

I can not believe people do business this way. :smash:

DO NOT TRUST THIS GUY.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/266926-act-prolite-10-5-lbs-sr20det-flywheel-la-150-a.html (http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/266926-act-prolite-10-5-lbs-sr20det-flywheel-la-150-a.html)

link to the forsale thread.

jiggs
07-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I was in a situation like this just recently,,,, you gotta see it from both sides though.

Seller should have provided detailed pics of actual product being sold but its the buyers responsibility to know what hes buying before hand. You agreed to buy what was offered and i guess you gave the money willingly. Idk not to put you down though, just be more careful next time...

Suk02Si
07-28-2009, 01:30 PM
But the seller clearly stated that it was for an SR and that he used it for street driving.

The FS Thread wasn't titled "EVO7 Flywheel For Sale"

jiggs
07-28-2009, 01:35 PM
but the seller clearly stated that it was for an sr and that he used it for street driving.

The fs thread wasn't titled "evo7 flywheel for sale"
the seller could have said anything about it, its all on the buyer to see if its the proper product before buying, if its for an evo why did you buy it on the first place? Just because the guy said? Not to start any hate cuz this happened to me before, i dont like the feeling of being jipped...

g-via
07-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I was in a situation like this just recently,,,, you gotta see it from both sides though.

Seller should have provided detailed pics of actual product being sold but its the buyers responsibility to know what hes buying before hand. You agreed to buy what was offered and i guess you gave the money willingly. Idk not to put you down though, just be more careful next time...

WOW, you must have BIG, FLUFFY chunks of your brain missing.

ACT ProLite 10.5 LBS SR20DET FLYWHEEL (LA) $150

hi, im selling a act 10.5 lightwheel flywheel
it was used for around 3k miles for street driving.
im asking for $150
located in los angeles
(626)679-2868

retails for $316 at frpsport

asking for $150

http://i29.tinypic.com/2dlkxzq.jpg

He clearly states what vehicle the flywheel is for and that he USED the flywheel. He even used the same picture from FRPsports website.

ACT 600230 XACT ProLite Lightweight Flywheel 10.5lb 89-98 SR20DET (http://www.frsport.com/ACT-600230-XACT-ProLite-Lightweight-Flywheel-10-5lb-89-98-SR20DET_p_8090.html)

what I don't get is that he re-hosted the pic on tinypic instead of using the FRPsport's hosted picture.

Shit like this isn't acceptable, unless of course you're missing BIG, FLUFFY chunks of brain....

YoungGun
07-28-2009, 01:38 PM
the seller could have said anything about it, its all on the buyer to see if its the proper product before buying, if its for an evo why did you buy it on the first place? Just because the guy said? Not to start any hate cuz this happened to me before, i dont like the feeling of being jipped...
what the fuck are you talking about?

do you even understand what happened here?

the seller said it was a flywheel for a sr, and it wasn't.

sorry ernie I hope you can figure this out.

jiggs
07-28-2009, 01:43 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

do you even understand what happened here?

the seller said it was a flywheel for a sr, and it wasn't.

sorry ernie I hope you can figure this out.
if it wasnt the proper flywheel then why did he buy it?

g-via
07-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that DTC didn't know it was for an EVO when he bought it.

Y'know, cause when you buy something for an SR, you kind of assume it's for an SR and not an EVO.

FaLKoN240
07-28-2009, 01:54 PM

You must be hard up for a fucking brain dude.

He advertised a fucking SR flywheel and the guy came and sold him a fucking Evo flywheel.

How would he have known or tested it out?

Wheeled an SR on a motor stand from his workplace?

You're a fucking idiot.

SUPERSTAR
07-28-2009, 01:59 PM
It looked like the same as the SR.

I was in a team meeting when he showed up and I paid him and that was that.

It was my fault for not double checking and trusting that the seller was legit.

I did not know that someone local would try and pull off something stupid like this, really?

hOngsterr
07-28-2009, 02:08 PM
sorry to hear man,
HOPEFULLY u can get it refunded

Driftastic
07-28-2009, 02:21 PM
find out where he lives and throw hit the sum of a bitch in the head with that 10.5lb paperweight, thats all it is to ya if you dont have a evo.....

g-via
07-28-2009, 02:26 PM
I don't understand why the user was banned so quickly. Doesn't banning him cut off a form of communication with the seller (even though you have his #))

dtc 360RT
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM

how could you tell? it looks like the one in the picture....it wasn't tell after trying to install that the mounting holes didn't line up

at23
07-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Thats fucking bullshit.Ernie's a homie and that mofo pulling some shady shit like this?dude's lucky he didnt do it to me.

deuceforty
07-28-2009, 04:28 PM

you need to be banned as well for being a fucking idiot

nieko
07-28-2009, 07:37 PM
agreed^^^^

thats fucked up ernie.....

i dont understand why other completely fuck over others?

why didnt he just sell it on the evo forum?

why did he have to fake that it was for an SR?

i just dont understand lol

silverarrow27
07-28-2009, 09:28 PM
you need to be banned as well for being a fucking idiot

I third this motion :cj:

SUPERSTAR
07-28-2009, 10:45 PM
agreed^^^^

thats fucked up ernie.....

i dont understand why other completely fuck over others?

why didnt he just sell it on the evo forum?

why did he have to fake that it was for an SR?

i just dont understand lol

Bro, Bro, Bro.

Shit happens man, you know what i am saying?

I would never do that to another car enthusiast ever!!

I have always been and will cotinue to be straight up with who ever I deal with. All I wanna do is help and expect the same in return.

But there is a few people that maybe don't drift and are out there to hustle us for bit of cash. They don't know how much we go through to keep our cars going.

But what ever.

I hope that $150.00 is worth it. :kiss: :down: No love for you shady fuckers.

singlecamslam
07-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Gotta hand it to you, you're pretty chill about this whole situation. I would of been pissed and looking for that dude. But i'm poor and cant throw around 150 like that. I bet you really can sell that on an evo forum for more than 150.

SUPERSTAR
07-28-2009, 11:01 PM
I aint chill about it. But my anger minutes are over and think of what I have to do now. I am broke too.

I have wife and kids at home with two unfinished cars, but shit is done. He wont give money back so I have to find a way to get it back.

If any of you have friends or know someone with an Evo 7, tell em i got one for 150.00. The resurfacing, I will eat it. So I have a reminder of people like him.

FaLKoN240
07-29-2009, 02:14 AM
That's fucking BS, if you ever catch him out you should whoop his ass.

You should hopefully be able to resell the FW.

Craigslist is your friend!

chinox32
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
hey does it work for evo 8? cause my friends needs a fly wheel 626 348 7214 if it fits

deuceforty
07-29-2009, 11:30 AM
hey does it work for evo 8? cause my friends needs a fly wheel 626 348 7214 if it fits

you can google it.

the threadstarter drives a 240sx with an SR20. if your friend wants it he can find out about the evo parts he wants to put on his evo

SUPERSTAR
07-29-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks Guys, learning experience.

WoolyS14DET
07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
Ernie i will find him a pull his finger nails out one by one and make him eat them !!
Shady people should be shot !!

gripstr
07-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Whatsup with people nowadays man, doing stupid shit like this just to pull in a buck fifty?

He knew he was selling an Evo flywheel and deliberately stated that it was for an SR.... Im surprised someone actually thinks we have ESP powers or some shit to know the difference....

What goes around comes around....

cemtoes
07-29-2009, 02:10 PM

Really? Really dude? I've had this happen to me several times now and I'd honestly like to know just how in the holy hell it is my fault for buying a falsely advertised product? Please dig deep into you're tiny brain and explain this to me and the OP. Go google ACT evo flywheel, they look just about the same as an SR one, this guy had no way to knowing without testing it out before he bought it and honestly who would do that? That's a damn time consuming and inconviencing thing to do.

andisan
07-29-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow sorry to hear, And I was in the market for one and I saw his post and was about to pull the trigger on buying it but something came up and now Im glad, But Im sorry to hear that someone in our precious zilvia forum would do such a shady thing :(

But what goes around come around, He will get whats comeing to him.

But hope you can sell it to an EVO guy

g-via
07-29-2009, 02:37 PM
^ Same.
I just installed a new clutch, and was thinking about getting a lightened flywheel. I was going to buy it when I saw the price, but then needed my car finished quickly for a road trip, so I just resurfaced my old one. Which pisses me off, because if I had bought it, I would be in DTC's position right now.

MandTPhotography
07-29-2009, 03:08 PM

Not that it matters, but you really are a fucking moron.

ryster
07-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow. that is fucked up.

I will try and help you sell that flywheel Ernie.

FaLKoN240
07-29-2009, 06:39 PM
He should've been banned in the first place for an offensive screen name IMO.

SUPERSTAR
07-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Wow. that is fucked up.

I will try and help you sell that flywheel Ernie.

Thanks Ryan, that would be awesome.

Karma is a bitch.

Sileighty_DRFT89
07-30-2009, 11:59 PM
I'll check with the boys at school to see if they know anyone who needs one. shady people suck. you by far didn't deserve this