PDA

View Full Version : Sand Blasting in the 818

SOHC FTW!
07-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I've been prepping my hood for paint, and when I got down to the bare metal, I found a shit load of bondo on it :doh:. I don't own a compressor, so I can't buy one, any one in the valley know a shop that could sandblast my hood for me? Should be cheap right? I've tried taking of the bondo, but its just too thick.

P.S. If your wondering, it's not a 240sx hood.

wings_s13
07-28-2009, 12:43 AM
first off what kinda hood is it? it matters size, grouves, etc. also worked for a body shop sand blasting is not cheep just bc its a pain in the ass to do. The shop i worked for did it, your best bet is to find a shop that is close and go talk to the shop owner or forman, ask him whens the next time he will be sand blasting and ask if u can throw your hood in there, it should only be an extra bag or to of sand and he will sll ready have his equement out soo that will prob be the best and cheepest rought to go. good luck,

ps. the bondo is not going to come off any other way then sand blasting, if u try and scrape it off u will only make dents, and gashes in the hood and will just make more work for your self. take it to a shop lol

SOHC FTW!
07-28-2009, 01:12 AM
Its for a 69 corolla, the hoods pretty small.

07-28-2009, 08:12 AM
ke15? i might have a spare hood..

cali_love
07-28-2009, 08:51 AM
i cousin does pm me youre num