PDA

View Full Version : Lowered car - How to Battle This issue?

MrFairlady
07-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Ok so the car is Slammed and Running -2.6 up front and adjustableTie rods .
How do you fix this?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/Mrfairlady/tie.jpg

Longer Bolt and a spacer?
Whats the Best way to make these Straight (for proper geometry of Suspension) as possible or @least so its safe.Bolt is Right about Hitting the Heim.
Needless to say its "too low" but for alignment and Steering Setup purposes,..what do yo do to fix.Put ball joints back in w/ Adj Ends????

5t341tH
07-26-2009, 12:23 AM
yea that happened to me too. didnt know what to do, so i just put oem style ones back on

S-Nation S13
07-26-2009, 12:32 AM
o wow thats way to low if you got that going on longer bolt i dont even think that you help !! i think it would actually make it worst !!

MrFairlady
07-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Whats Crazy is..I've seen quite a few on here thats way lower than my car really is.
(Mines is hardly Tucking the Tire into the fender to I know mines not THE LOWEST)

The Pic makes it look a tad worse than it is but surely theres something that people do about this on lowered car.
Is It The Knuckle,when Upgraded that Accomodates this Or a Ball Joint End thats made for this?
To even get the Tie Rods Even w/ the rack (how its Supposed to be),..you would Basically have to be almost Stock Ride height then.

Drifters - What is my Next Option.

MrFairlady
07-26-2009, 12:45 PM
This seems to be the only I guess.
This car is Obviously SUPER low w/ that Coliver just about maxed out - Similar to mine.
http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/e107_files/public/1209176010_2_FT2084_p1030224.jpg
Look how straight that Tie rod is.I guess due to the Boxed in Knuckle.
So Welding and Modifing these Is an option and My be the best bet.

may have to Purchase and some Ikeya Rods.

FaLKoN240
07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't bother with adjustable tie rod ends if you're trying to get a flat LCA.

It won't happen if your car is super low.

All that stress is bad for the shank and you WILL snap it.