PDA

View Full Version : BEWARE!!! Wake Co. Sherriff's Dept using unmarked Black Corvette Z06!!

besTint
07-25-2009, 12:24 AM
story here...

Deputies find a need for speed :: WRAL.com (http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5627211/)

doogstein
07-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Sucks for you guys. Our PD has an unmarked Charger SRT-8 and an unmarked green f-150 on 22's with neon and a body kit. friend got roped by the f-150 for speeding a month ago said he almost shit his pants when he saw what pulled him over.

SoCal-s130
07-25-2009, 12:25 AM
Who cares? You don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this if you're not a dumb driver....

zenki.life
07-25-2009, 12:31 AM
Who cares? You don't have to worry about stupid stuff like this if you're not a dumb driver....

yep yep. i ran across a camero unmarked. green. he ended up nabbing a kid on a street racing charge when the kid decided to race him. suits the kid right

jamg
07-25-2009, 12:40 AM
not only will you get pulled over for bullshit mods like an exhaust.

you'll get pulled over in an unmarked car...

cali must be the life

DreamN
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM
^ You're an idiot.

Unmarked cars have been around for years, decades even, in practically all states worth having them. Nothing new, even if it's a sports car.

ZilviaKid
07-25-2009, 12:57 AM
yep yep. i ran across a camero unmarked. green. he ended up nabbing a kid on a street racing charge when the kid decided to race him. suits the kid right
wouldnt that be entrapment?

TravisSW
07-25-2009, 12:58 AM
You're an idiot to race a Z06 anyways.
lol

Unless if you are modded pretty well.

I LUV MY S13
07-25-2009, 01:03 AM
^ You're an idiot.

Unmarked cars have been around for years, decades even, in practically all states worth having them. Nothing new, even if it's a sports car.

yea this shits around in other states too

articdragon192
07-25-2009, 01:13 AM
If you guys read the article, that's in North Carolina, and used for drug busts. Not street racers in California. Lol.

BustedS13
07-25-2009, 01:16 AM
unmarked cars are nothing new, drug seizure cars seem to always wind up getting repurposed like this. a buddy and i were pulled over by a 03-04 Cobra just a few years ago.

airsoft
07-25-2009, 01:26 AM
I believe it was last year 2008 June, Cali court ruled ok to use unmarked law enforcement vehicles for traffic violations.

There was a ban of some sort using them for traffic, not anymore.

zenki.life
07-25-2009, 01:42 AM
wouldnt that be entrapment?

so does that mean undercover drug busts are entrapment? cops soliciting prostitutes is entrapment?.......no.

DreamN
07-25-2009, 01:56 AM
^ It is entrapment, but the defense and what makes it legal for cops to do those types of operations is because it is presumed that a normally law-abiding citizen would resist the temptation to commit a crime if officers did nothing more than give him an opportunity to do so. The only way this fails for cops and actually becomes entrapment is if they pressure the person into committing the crime.

gotspins13
07-25-2009, 02:07 AM
he only wanted the car to have fun. cops do that all the time, they think oh cool fast car and we get it for free why not?!

gayyy.

ixfxi
07-25-2009, 10:28 AM
^ You're an idiot.

unmarked cars are nothing new, drug seizure cars seem to always wind up getting repurposed like this. a buddy and i were pulled over by a 03-04 Cobra just a few years ago.

Yep, all those crown vickies with no markings, they are often used for drug busts and such.

^ It is entrapment, but the defense and what makes it legal for cops to do those types of operations is because it is presumed that a normally law-abiding citizen would resist the temptation to commit a crime if officers did nothing more than give him an opportunity to do so. The only way this fails for cops and actually becomes entrapment is if they pressure the person into committing the crime.

yeah i doubt the officer driving the z06 would be revving his motor and instigating people into racing him... that wouldnt be happening.

overall, its not efficient for them to use a z06 for these types of tasks... because the car is just too fucking expensive.. its pointless. all for what, a ticket? it must serve some type of special purpose.

fromxtor
07-25-2009, 10:38 AM
I live near wake county, but my 240 isnt running at the moment so I dont stick out.

fliprayzin240sx
07-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I got pulled over by an unmarked Plane before...FUCK FL AND THEIR SPOTTER PLANES!!!

Herro
07-25-2009, 12:35 PM
In Vancouver we have a red Dodge Caravan with a new driver plaque.

shade
07-25-2009, 12:43 PM
My question is are they equipped with radar and all the fancy electronics they have in their regular police cruisers?

DreamN
07-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Some are, but most aren't as they are commonly used to lure people to the cars and gain confidence so having all this electrical crap all over it wouldn't help. Cameras and audio recording is what a lot of them have if they're trying to get the person inside the car.

Touge Noob S13
07-25-2009, 01:27 PM
overall, its not efficient for them to use a z06 for these types of tasks... because the car is just too fucking expensive.. its pointless. all for what, a ticket? it must serve some type of special purpose.

They want to be ballers like these guys.
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f30/JoeS0507/Miami-Vice-Staffel-1.jpg

Gnnr
07-25-2009, 04:18 PM
I got pulled over by an unmarked Plane before...FUCK FL AND THEIR SPOTTER PLANES!!!

That must have been a while back. They can't do that anymore. Also, half the police cars here are unmarked. If I remember correctly the police can use their personal vehicles as cop cars too, and many get them equipped with the lights and all. I saw a G35 pull someone over, lol.

Ares240SX
07-25-2009, 05:36 PM
NC has a lot of random cars, I have seen state troopers pulling over people in bright yellow modded out 350Zs...

20 til 3
07-25-2009, 05:47 PM
kc had a built supra years ago they use to try to lure street racers with... shit like that should most def be entrapment.. but we all know how the law works

for some reason we have a 80's iroc z as a full out cop car where i live... gay as aids, stereo and shit in it... makes you say wtf tax dollars

ZilviaKid
07-25-2009, 07:11 PM
Yep, all those crown vickies with no markings, they are often used for drug busts and such.

yeah i doubt the officer driving the z06 would be revving his motor and instigating people into racing him... that wouldnt be happening.

we have an undercover mustang here who revs at people and eggs them on. guy drives like a maniac..

Chad4061
07-25-2009, 07:15 PM
ouch glad i dont live there...closest thing we got to that is a charger and its not even a hemi lol small town

HyperTek
07-25-2009, 07:24 PM
this just has to be one of them!!
ibG7N-CGa3U
_PlYlLaxV38

even tho the guys recordin the vid seem like fruitcakes too driving a neon srt4 or something

FrankDukes
07-26-2009, 01:12 AM
They should have a law that states, if you outrun the Z06, you go free, it's only fair.

ronmcdon
07-26-2009, 01:40 AM
The concept is actually very well thought out.
If you don't intend to 'street race', then nothing much happens when that Z06 revs on you..
Those who do, get what they deserve.

Only thing I'd do different (id I were the copper) is pull ppl over in some riced out civic.
Z06 might be too intimidating for your 'run-of-the-mill' street-racer.

FRpilot
07-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Only thing I'd do different (id I were the copper) is pull ppl over in some riced out civic.

yes, but a lot of people are stupid enough to think they can beat z06 with their na 4 cylinder engine.

FrankDukes
07-26-2009, 01:57 AM
The concept is actually very well thought out.
If you don't intend to 'street race', then nothing much happens when that Z06 revs on you..
Those who do, get what they deserve.

Yup, who the hell would try to mess with a Z06? That's just ridiculous. But as the article states, they use it to deal with drug dealings. So what I think they use it for is to make the car and narc appear to be "ballin' "
then swoop in to nab the users/buyers.

If i was a cop,( knock on wood), I would fix up a Daewoo, pull the racers over and say, "BOOYAH sucka! you just got a Speed Contest! and smoked by a Daewoo Son!! Who the bitch now!!!?"

DataXUnknown
07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
That z06 has tint that looks like it's illegal. Would this create controversy if brought up?

SlideWell
07-26-2009, 03:18 AM
That z06 has tint that looks like it's illegal. Would this create controversy if brought up?

uh, no. they are the police. they are above the law. unmarked cars have the "right" to have illegaly modified cars. duh. :spank:

besTint
07-26-2009, 05:00 PM

also, different states have different tint laws. California being one of the strictest.

ronmcdon
07-26-2009, 05:13 PM
CA has the strictest laws period

articdragon192
07-26-2009, 06:28 PM

Did I just no mention that this isn't in California. It's in Wake County in North Carolina. They probably don't have the same tinting laws we do, like the rest of the US.

SochBAT
07-27-2009, 12:07 AM
You know what i'd do?

I'd call in the license plate number and report em, stating its got smoke coming from the tail pipes.

Not sure if this is a strictly Socal number, but fuck it.

800 EXHAUST.

after roughly 10 calls in, they're forced to smog it.

Repeat daily.

Phlip
07-27-2009, 06:56 AM
If you guys read the article, that's in North Carolina, and used for drug busts. Not street racers in California. Lol.
You know what's funny?
The number of people who posted AFTER this who missed this post.

The "inefficient" argument dies when one sees that it was a drug seizure.
I live near wake county, but my 240 isnt running at the moment so I dont stick out.
Like they stop us for shit like that down here anyway, lol.
They don't really trip on drivers with dark tint down here either, unless they have stopped them for something else.
CA has the strictest laws period
Yes, but NORTH CAROLINA -- where this is taking place -- does not.

nismolism
07-27-2009, 07:12 AM
omg...its a good thing i dont live close bye..lol

ronmcdon
07-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Yeah NC is pretty laid back (or at least it was some 30 yrs ago when i last visited).

FaLKoN240
07-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Does anyone else think this should be in regional?