PDA

View Full Version : electric fan constantly runs

spartan069
07-24-2009, 05:11 PM
I have a RB 25 in my car and i changed to an electric fan not matter were i run the power wire from my fan it always runs constantly key in out on or off i have been having to unplug my battery every time i park it because it will drain the battery dead. I have tryed running it to the ignition fuse,fuel pump fuse, But no matter were i put it it always stays running

fliprayzin240sx
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
You got 3 options:
Get a relay and use a switched power source to turn the relay on/off.
Get a relay and make a toggle switch to turn the relay on/off.
Get a fan controller with thermo switch on it.

renegade_ewok
07-24-2009, 05:43 PM
splice it into the accessory off of your ignition cylinder

S-Nation S13
07-24-2009, 06:18 PM
run power wire to fuel pump done deal..lol thats what i did

projectRDM
07-25-2009, 08:21 AM
run power wire to fuel pump done deal..lol thats what i did

Horrible idea. So when it burns up, you also burn up the fuel pump circuit.

The fan shouldn't be staying on if the power source isn't constant. Use a relay, trigger it from the black/red ignition lead from the key switch.

S-Nation S13
07-25-2009, 08:52 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/bdenton180sx/AltimaFanWiringDiagram.jpg?t=1248533754

TO MAKE THINGS CLEAR..

Horrible idea. So when it burns up, you also burn up the fuel pump circuit.

The fan shouldn't be staying on if the power source isn't constant. Use a relay, trigger it from the black/red ignition lead from the key switch.

i got 30a inline fuse,30a relay on both my fans been running this for years i think i took all the precaution to prevent that..oh i forgot i also electrical taped the hot wire as well as rapped the wire with the thiniest vac. tubing i can find so it dosent short out,(fan on the switch)as a precaution i ran the ground wire through my firewall instead of the hotwire so if my efan system wanted to short out LOL my fans would be on when my cars is off

this has been working out fine..like i said fixes the problem of fan running constantly

INTERNET IS ALL HERE SAY..what are we to do..believe what others say...???

g6civcx
07-25-2009, 09:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/bdenton180sx/AltimaFanWiringDiagram.jpg?t=1248533754

Switch pins 87 and 30 and it will be better.