PDA

View Full Version : anyone else in LA area using digital receiver and not able to get FOX ch. 11?

adrians_s13
07-19-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah... just wondering if its just my house. Almost all my tv's in my house have digital tuners and receivers, but regardless of where in my house, I can't get channel 11 Fox.

just wondering if anyone has the same issue (air receivers).

LifePlazaCircuit
07-19-2009, 09:45 PM
i dont get channels 2 or 4

adrians_s13
07-19-2009, 09:53 PM
ugh..

I haven't seen an episode of Simpsons on TV in a long time.... :-/

essforteen
07-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Yup I have the same problem shit sucks!!

DreamN
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Are you guys running bunny ears to get a signal with your digital receiver still? If so that's probably your issue. You need to run it with a large antenna on your roof whether it's a house or apartment.

You have to remember that even though it may be digital it's still working off radio frequency so it depends largely on your equipment, location, and surrounding environment.

Ex. At first I was running bunny ears and the signal meter would show low readings. I believe the highest was around mid 60s with the majority being around 40 or 50. Finally noticing that my building has an exterior roof mounted antenna and a wall mounted connector, I went to my local radio shack to purchase one of these:

(Top one)
http://community.livinglakecountry.com/blogs/eagles_eye/F%20Adapters.jpg

After installing this adapter and receiving signal from the exterior antenna I now receive signals of 90 or above on average. I've yet to see the meter drop below 85 on any channel. Also, with the better signal a few channels that I didn't know of popped up as well.

ro240sx
07-19-2009, 11:11 PM
i got the same problem. Some days it works and some days it doesn't. luckily i was able to watch the Simpsons tonite.

adrians_s13
07-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Are you guys running bunny ears to get a signal with your digital receiver still? If so that's probably your issue. You need to run it with a large antenna on your roof whether it's a house or apartment.

You have to remember that even though it may be digital it's still working off radio frequency so it depends largely on your equipment, location, and surrounding environment.

Ex. At first I was running bunny ears and the signal meter would show low readings. I believe the highest was around mid 60s with the majority being around 40 or 50. Finally noticing that my building has an exterior roof mounted antenna and a wall mounted connector, I went to my local radio shack to purchase one of these:

(Top one)
http://community.livinglakecountry.com/blogs/eagles_eye/F%20Adapters.jpg

After installing this adapter and receiving signal from the exterior antenna I now receive signals of 90 or above on average. I've yet to see the meter drop below 85 on any channel. Also, with the better signal a few channels that I didn't know of popped up as well.

in my room, I'm rockin this RCA flat HD antenna I got for like $30 at walmart (I think i got it there)

looks like this http://www.slipperybrick.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/rca-ant1500.jpg

in the den, my dad has some HD antenna that's a amplified... and from both still no channel 11.

got me..

CrimsonRockett
07-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Pfft, I'm lucky to get around 20 in readings.

I can practically see all the channels, but all have low readings.

Probably gotta replace the crappy antenna on the roof.

DALAZ_68
07-20-2009, 08:33 AM
Also, with the better signal a few channels that I didn't know of popped up as well.

Jimby is enjoying PrOn...lol

i guess cuz i have cable i dont need one of those boxes right?

then again i havent watched real T.V. in the longest...Xbox Live FTMFW!!!

DreamN
07-20-2009, 09:50 AM
If you're using an antenna within the home I really recommend an exterior one. You could have a great interior antenna, but place if it's placed in a location that already receives an incredibly weak signal then it's not doing you much good. As mentioned, you're surrounding environment has a lot to do with the signal you receive as well.

You might actually have a home that blocks or weakens the RF signal. Exterior antennas are your best bet for receiving a clear image and all the channels.

mrflip69
07-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Might have to reposition your antenna. This helps indoor AND outdoor types. antennaweb.org